TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I am sure the GP are glad they are getting a "new" coaster. I personally think it would be silly for SFStL to not get new trains, but again, that is my opinion. I think the SFStL will more than likely just use the original trains, as unfortunate as that would be. We can sit here all day and bicker about this park getting a used boomerang, but that won't accomplish anything. I know I am guilty of complaining, and I feel bad that this park isn't getting something new and custom, but complaining won't change it.

All of the GP I've told so far are pretty dissapointed by the ride.

Word on the street is it will get the same color scheme as Pandemonium. I like the colors, but ( and not that six flags cares) Boomerang won't exactly go with the "Illinois" theme. Best way they could of had an IL theme?

"618 - The Ride"

Guests will enter 618-The ride's queue line with two John Deer tractors on both sides of the entrance. Then, in typical SFSTL fashion, guests will embarke on a mile and a half journey through the queue line, surrounded by corn the entire way. Along the way they'll see barns, bonfires, and even be able to pick some apples in the mini orchards... but as guests approach the station, things begin to change. They've now entered East St. Louis. They'll see large spotlights drawing them closer to the station, which is themed to a crackhouse. Paid actors will be in the station to mug random people in line, keeping guests entertained until they get on to the one-of-a-kind trains. Featuring lap-bar only restraints, the new trains will be the first ever to have 24 inch spinning rims mounted on the side. As riders leave the station, "Mercy" by Kanye West bares out of the in-car speakers. All is well until riders reach the top of the second lift hill, where a drug deal goes bad and gunshots ring out over the speaker system, causing riders to flee in reverse back to the crackhouse. As riders exit the station, they will be handed welfare checks. 618 - The ride will represent the single largest capital investment made at SFSTL in this century - costing 20 million dollars!

All of the GP I've told so far are pretty dissapointed by the ride.

Word on the street is it will get the same color scheme as Pandemonium. I like the colors, but ( and not that six flags cares) Boomerang won't exactly go with the "Illinois" theme. Best way they could of had an IL theme?

"618 - The Ride"

Guests will enter 618-The ride's queue line with two John Deer tractors on both sides of the entrance. Then, in typical SFSTL fashion, guests will embarke on a mile and a half journey through the queue line, surrounded by corn the entire way. Along the way they'll see barns, bonfires, and even be able to pick some apples in the mini orchards... but as guests approach the station, things begin to change. They've now entered East St. Louis. They'll see large spotlights drawing them closer to the station, which is themed to a crackhouse. Paid actors will be in the station to mug random people in line, keeping guests entertained until they get on to the one-of-a-kind trains. Featuring lap-bar only restraints, the new trains will be the first ever to have 24 inch spinning rims mounted on the side. As riders leave the station, "Mercy" by Kanye West bares out of the in-car speakers. All is well until riders reach the top of the second lift hill, where a drug deal goes bad and gunshots ring out over the speaker system, causing riders to flee in reverse back to the crackhouse. As riders exit the station, they will be handed welfare checks. 618 - The ride will represent the single largest capital investment made at SFSTL in this century - costing 20 million dollars!

tHAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

Greetings from Texas!!!! I live about 10 mins from SFOT and would like to congratulate you on your aquisition of our precious Flashback. I was among the first to ride this boomerang when it first opened some 23 years ago. Back then it seemed like an incredible new ride experience. But of course, back then it was new. As time passed the ride got gradually rougher until only the heartiest (or drunkest) of souls would even attempt to ride it.

I hadn't rode myself in sometime, but I decided to take one last ride for old time sake. Let me tell you this thing is a head banging, gut wrenching nightmare. I hope, for your sake, that they do try to refurbish this decaying piece of garbage. If, however, they intend to install it "as is", then I can only send you my deepest regrets. We've had it for 23 years, now it's yours. I don't know what they intend to replace it with here at SFOT, but anything will be better than that nightmare of a coaster that we just got rid of.

After they finish installing the ride it will take them sometime to scrape the rot off of that miserable thing. Once they're done scrubbing all the mildew off they will, no doubt, start boarding victoms, I mean passengers. Keep in mind here that SFOT hasn't maintained this pile of "------" very well. One ride on it where it currently sits will telll you that. So, good luck with this piece of junk, and tell your workmen to bring plenty of scrapers to get rid of all the gum we've stuck in the trains over the years. After they get through scraping the decay off of the track supports, that is.

My condolences on recieving this baby.

Um, I'm just playing "Mr. Blue Sky Thinking" here, but is it at all possible that Texas removing Flashback was just a coincidence and that St. Louis is getting a brand new boomerang? They do still build them new.

I am sure the GP are glad they are getting a "new" coaster. I personally think it would be silly for SFStL to not get new trains, but again, that is my opinion. I think the SFStL will more than likely just use the original trains, as unfortunate as that would be. We can sit here all day and bicker about this park getting a used boomerang, but that won't accomplish anything. I know I am guilty of complaining, and I feel bad that this park isn't getting something new and custom, but complaining won't change it.

Okay, I have had it with these random GP arguments justifying any decision no matter how dumb it was made by the management. This is not the 1970s. This is 2012. In 2012, when someone is interested in visiting a park because of a "new" attraction they have heard advertised, they want to research it whether or not they are an enthusiast to see if it is thought of as a good idea, or they talk to people whom they know are enthusiasts. Why? Because they recognize that the enthusiast knows something they don't. Think about it. Whom are you going to ask about what hotel to stay at? Someone whom never travels or someone whom does it all the time at a certain location?

The next thing, being that I am from the STL area and talk to both people whom go frequently and people whom let visits to the park go for nine years and went. I have a pretty good market to survey of hard core and less than hard core park fans, and not one of them is happy to hear about this. Some are upset to see the Bumper Cars go, some are upset to see Tidal Wave go, and all are not happy to hear about what we are getting.

To understand the point of making an addition to a park, you have to have measurable value in the addition by bringing something new to the park that is wanted. The Ninja, as much as people hate it, advanced the park in 1989 by giving them a taller, faster coaster with more inversions than what the Jet Scream had. The Batman gave the park a completely different coaster experience having the track above them with no floor below them. The Mr. Freeze was much taller, faster, unique in its launching feature and two way direction experience. Now, I ask you. What does this lame, rough, ugly, overcloned junk pile have to offer that wasn't being satisfied by the pre-existing coasters? It is slower, it is shorter, it is rougher, it is known to stall in the cobra roll, etc. What is gained? Nothing. It is a HORRIBLE addition and the sign of the incompetence of the SF Corporate management. That ride would give SF a much greater benefit if it were sold for scrap.

New or used isn't the problem. The problem is it is a Boomerang. It doesn't matter whether it has Arrow or Vekoma trains. The problem is it is a Boomerang. The problem isn't the name. It isn't the colors chosen. The problem is IT IS A BOOMERANG!

Actually Voxelmatic, they do let coasters go to waste. They let good coasters go to waste (GASM, Jet Scream, the Chiller, etc.) and keep the garbage (Boomerangs).

Actually Voxelmatic, they do let coasters go to waste. They let good coasters go to waste (GASM, Jet Scream, the Chiller, etc.) and keep the garbage (Boomerangs).

First of all the GASM was junk and Jet Scream and the Chiller were becoming matainance nightmares.

main_STLBoomerang.jpg.fd02eef106c585b5de933cab2870f353.jpg

It’s big. It’s bright. It’s bold. It’s Boomerang.

Next year when you visit Six Flags St. Louis you’ll be greeted by a new vividly bright orange and electrifying lime green steel monster: Boomerang. Standing at 125-feet tall, this gravity-defying, nerve-racking, stomach-crunching steel roller coaster will rocket you through a combination of thrill sensations unlike any other coaster experience at the park.

First Boomerang will pull you and 27 other bold riders backward, slowly up to the top of the 125-foot tall lift hill. After a brief pause it’ll release you into complete mayhem, hurtling you along 1,650-feet of twisted steel track at speeds up to 50 miles per hour. You will race through a half loop, shoot into a right half cork screw followed by a left half cork screw, then another half loop and finally blaze through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill. Staying true to its name, Boomerang will then take you full circle by blasting you back through the twists, turns and inversions again — backward.

“Six Flags St. Louis has been Missouri’s Coaster Capital for many years,” said Dave Roemer, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “In 2013 Boomerang will not only strengthen that position and our thrilling coaster line up, but give our guests more twists and turns to scream about!”

Six Flags St. Louis is currently home to more roller coasters than any other theme park in Missouri. In 2013, Boomerang will become the park’s ninth coaster, bringing a completely new intense and ferocious experience to the park.

And another announcement from the email they sent out this morning:

New Gold Pass – Includes Free Parking & More

To help you achieve the very best park experience, we’ve just launched the new Gold Pass. The Gold Pass comes with special benefits, including unlimited admission and free parking at every Six Flags theme park, an additional Bring-A-Friend-Free ticket in 2013, and the chance to enter Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor early – before all of the other guests – every time you visit in 2013. To celebrate the launch of the new pass, we are offering a free upgrade to Gold (which includes free parking!) for everyone who buys four or more regular Season Passes and processes their IDs at the park by October 28, 2012.

Looks like free parking for every park is coming back, at least for people from St. Louis...

It looks like the Boomerang will at the very least get the new Vekoma trains based on the rendering (not the video). So, it could still be a brand new one.

I'm not letting go of that until someone proves to me that the ride is relocated!

Granted, once we see pieces of track on site, we'll know, because they have to cut up the welded rails if they really are relocating Flashback.

And another announcement from the email they sent out this morning:

New Gold Pass – Includes Free Parking & More

To help you achieve the very best park experience, we’ve just launched the new Gold Pass. The Gold Pass comes with special benefits, including unlimited admission and free parking at every Six Flags theme park, an additional Bring-A-Friend-Free ticket in 2013, and the chance to enter Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor early – before all of the other guests – every time you visit in 2013. To celebrate the launch of the new pass, we are offering a free upgrade to Gold (which includes free parking!) for everyone who buys four or more regular Season Passes and processes their IDs at the park by October 28, 2012.

Looks like free parking for every park is coming back, at least for people from St. Louis...

Got the same thing from Texas. $89.99, cheaper by $60 over what I paid last year for the parking and go park add-ons. Plus you can spread out the payments if need be.

The Ninja, as much as people hate it, advanced the park in 1989 by giving them a taller, faster coaster with more inversions than what the Jet Scream had. The Batman gave the park a completely different coaster experience having the track above them with no floor below them. The Mr. Freeze was much taller, faster, unique in its launching feature and two way direction experience.

I LOVE when people feel the need to add "the" in front of a coaster's name. The Batman? The Mr. Freeze? LOL!

I know this has been said and I would like to know for sure. In some of the video there is over the shoulder restraints and in some of it there is just a lap bar. I am assuming we do not now anything yet. A lap bar would definitely make these a lot more enjoyable.

Now that I look at it again, you're right! The concept rendering isn't a boomerang at all?

It looks like a recolored photo of Goudurix at Parc Asterix!

I see you guys are in denial, trying to convince yourselves that your not getting a used boomerang. If planning to ride the last car in the left seat, try not to sit in the gum my girlfriend stuck on it after she got out. Last time I checked it was still there. Keep in mind that SFOT didn't do half a job cleaning those cars out, there's no telling what kind of gunk you'll come across in those trains.

I know this has been said and I would like to know for sure. In some of the video there is over the shoulder restraints and in some of it there is just a lap bar. I am assuming we do not now anything yet. A lap bar would definitely make these a lot more enjoyable.

While re-watching the promo video, I noticed the 1st lap bar train shot seems to be a hyper - most likely the Morgan ride at Six Flags Mexico. This appears at about 3 seconds in. Later, at about 21 seconds riders are shown in a Premier Shuttle - presumably Mr. Freeze.

While I hope that these are sublte hints of of a lap bar only train, I very much doubt it.

The "Lap Bar Trains" you're seeing looks to be Mr. Freeze...

freeze.png.9db7516a36c46c50d4c3b995df5bdfac.png

That video was made up from a mish-mash of roller coaster footage. I wouldn't take anything in that video too seriously.

Best case scenario - Six Flags will pony up the cash for the new Vekoma trains you see on Hersheyparks and Carowinds Boomerangs. Worst case...you get the same Boomerang that was at SFOT.