Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby 3Mutts » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:59 pm

^^ It isn't a new Boomerang since Six Flags has hated Vekoma every since the GIB problems.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Arrow Dynamics fan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:10 pm

DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY wrote:I am sure the GP are glad they are getting a "new" coaster. I personally think it would be silly for SFStL to not get new trains, but again, that is my opinion. I think the SFStL will more than likely just use the original trains, as unfortunate as that would be. We can sit here all day and bicker about this park getting a used boomerang, but that won't accomplish anything. I know I am guilty of complaining, and I feel bad that this park isn't getting something new and custom, but complaining won't change it.

Okay, I have had it with these random GP arguments justifying any decision no matter how dumb it was made by the management. This is not the 1970s. This is 2012. In 2012, when someone is interested in visiting a park because of a "new" attraction they have heard advertised, they want to research it whether or not they are an enthusiast to see if it is thought of as a good idea, or they talk to people whom they know are enthusiasts. Why? Because they recognize that the enthusiast knows something they don't. Think about it. Whom are you going to ask about what hotel to stay at? Someone whom never travels or someone whom does it all the time at a certain location?

The next thing, being that I am from the STL area and talk to both people whom go frequently and people whom let visits to the park go for nine years and went. I have a pretty good market to survey of hard core and less than hard core park fans, and not one of them is happy to hear about this. Some are upset to see the Bumper Cars go, some are upset to see Tidal Wave go, and all are not happy to hear about what we are getting.

To understand the point of making an addition to a park, you have to have measurable value in the addition by bringing something new to the park that is wanted. The Ninja, as much as people hate it, advanced the park in 1989 by giving them a taller, faster coaster with more inversions than what the Jet Scream had. The Batman gave the park a completely different coaster experience having the track above them with no floor below them. The Mr. Freeze was much taller, faster, unique in its launching feature and two way direction experience. Now, I ask you. What does this lame, rough, ugly, overcloned junk pile have to offer that wasn't being satisfied by the pre-existing coasters? It is slower, it is shorter, it is rougher, it is known to stall in the cobra roll, etc. What is gained? Nothing. It is a HORRIBLE addition and the sign of the incompetence of the SF Corporate management. That ride would give SF a much greater benefit if it were sold for scrap.

New or used isn't the problem. The problem is it is a Boomerang. It doesn't matter whether it has Arrow or Vekoma trains. The problem is it is a Boomerang. The problem isn't the name. It isn't the colors chosen. The problem is IT IS A BOOMERANG!

Actually Voxelmatic, they do let coasters go to waste. They let good coasters go to waste (GASM, Jet Scream, the Chiller, etc.) and keep the garbage (Boomerangs).
Nothing is definite until Six Flags officially announces it. Just like the purchase of my season pass and season parking. Not to be taken for granted.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby 3Mutts » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Arrow Dynamics fan wrote:Actually Voxelmatic, they do let coasters go to waste. They let good coasters go to waste (GASM, Jet Scream, the Chiller, etc.) and keep the garbage (Boomerangs).

First of all the GASM was junk and Jet Scream and the Chiller were becoming matainance nightmares.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Jet Scream went to SFAW in 1989 and ran there until the park closed in 2005. That wasn't exactly letting it go to waste. It ran really well here.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:35 am

main_STLBoomerang.jpg

It’s big. It’s bright. It’s bold. It’s Boomerang.

Next year when you visit Six Flags St. Louis you’ll be greeted by a new vividly bright orange and electrifying lime green steel monster: Boomerang. Standing at 125-feet tall, this gravity-defying, nerve-racking, stomach-crunching steel roller coaster will rocket you through a combination of thrill sensations unlike any other coaster experience at the park.

First Boomerang will pull you and 27 other bold riders backward, slowly up to the top of the 125-foot tall lift hill. After a brief pause it’ll release you into complete mayhem, hurtling you along 1,650-feet of twisted steel track at speeds up to 50 miles per hour. You will race through a half loop, shoot into a right half cork screw followed by a left half cork screw, then another half loop and finally blaze through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill. Staying true to its name, Boomerang will then take you full circle by blasting you back through the twists, turns and inversions again — backward.

“Six Flags St. Louis has been Missouri’s Coaster Capital for many years,” said Dave Roemer, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “In 2013 Boomerang will not only strengthen that position and our thrilling coaster line up, but give our guests more twists and turns to scream about!”

Six Flags St. Louis is currently home to more roller coasters than any other theme park in Missouri. In 2013, Boomerang will become the park’s ninth coaster, bringing a completely new intense and ferocious experience to the park.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Nozzy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 am

And another announcement from the email they sent out this morning:

New Gold Pass – Includes Free Parking & More
To help you achieve the very best park experience, we’ve just launched the new Gold Pass. The Gold Pass comes with special benefits, including unlimited admission and free parking at every Six Flags theme park, an additional Bring-A-Friend-Free ticket in 2013, and the chance to enter Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor early – before all of the other guests – every time you visit in 2013. To celebrate the launch of the new pass, we are offering a free upgrade to Gold (which includes free parking!) for everyone who buys four or more regular Season Passes and processes their IDs at the park by October 28, 2012.

Looks like free parking for every park is coming back, at least for people from St. Louis...

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:13 am

It looks like the Boomerang will at the very least get the new Vekoma trains based on the rendering (not the video). So, it could still be a brand new one.

I'm not letting go of that until someone proves to me that the ride is relocated! :lol:

Granted, once we see pieces of track on site, we'll know, because they have to cut up the welded rails if they really are relocating Flashback.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:35 am

Nozzy wrote:And another announcement from the email they sent out this morning:

New Gold Pass – Includes Free Parking & More
To help you achieve the very best park experience, we’ve just launched the new Gold Pass. The Gold Pass comes with special benefits, including unlimited admission and free parking at every Six Flags theme park, an additional Bring-A-Friend-Free ticket in 2013, and the chance to enter Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor early – before all of the other guests – every time you visit in 2013. To celebrate the launch of the new pass, we are offering a free upgrade to Gold (which includes free parking!) for everyone who buys four or more regular Season Passes and processes their IDs at the park by October 28, 2012.

Looks like free parking for every park is coming back, at least for people from St. Louis...

Got the same thing from Texas. $89.99, cheaper by $60 over what I paid last year for the parking and go park add-ons. Plus you can spread out the payments if need be.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

From the video it looks like this may be the lap-bar trains only? That's good for the park.

I already have to credit though. :D

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby brock_boehm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am

What in the world...the coaster in the promo pic looks nothing like a Boomerang!

Lap bars would be awesome.
(22:01:22) Coupon: shush im playing minecraft

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!