TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Although it's a pretty good chance that this is just for Hurricane Harbor.

I hope so. I don't want to go back to that park for another credit. A new coaster would definitely help the park, but they have other more important issues to fix first IMO.

Dropping in the dark, six people at a time.... Maybe a DDD with a tunnel?

I agree that the waterpark is the most likely target for new stuff, but I can't think of anything that fits the description.

Also, on their Facebook, they mention that it will be a "world's first..."

I agree that the waterpark is the most likely target for new stuff, but I can't think of anything that fits the description.

Also, on their Facebook, they mention that it will be a "world's first..."

You reach 40 mph in Bonzai Pipelines, although so far they've been built with clear tubes, not dark tubes.

Noah's Ark has four Aqua Loops wrapping around each other - why not have four of the Proslide version and then two straight drops down the center? Sounds good to me.

If I were to guess based on the teaser, I'd say that it is going to be some sort of dark speed slide with a trapdoor start. I'm guessing it will be the world's first dark looping speed slide (a horizontal loop is still a loop), probably from ProSlide, because you get "total darkness" for a few seconds if you have more than just the drop.

main_WASHBonzaiPipelines.jpg.4180ccf6c8cc261eff0a76fb6ec0f0be.jpg

Bonzai Pipelines

Get Ready for Six Adrenaline-Packed Free-falling Looping Waterslides

Are you ready to free-fall through a 250-foot plus enclosed water slide? Six Flags America is thrilled to announce the all-new, first of its kind in the world Bonzai Pipelines, a 65-foot tall waterslide complex featuring not one, not two, but six outrageously fast and intense drop launch looping body slides.

After climbing to the top of the six-story tower set amid the Hurricane Harbor’s incredible existing line-up of waterslides, pools, and attractions, you will step inside one of the six state-of-the-art launch capsules.

Once you and five other riders are enclosed in the “Drenaline Drop” launching capsule, with hands behind your head, the floor will drop and everyone will enter a virtual free-fall for approximately 50 feet through clear tubing before hurtling into pitch darkness for the remaining 200 plus feet–including a tight 360 degree loop! You and your fellow riders will shoot down a total of six stories into a long run-off tube before emerging.

Best of all, each of the six body slides has their own unique path of twists and turns resulting in six different heart-pounding free-fall experiences to keep you screaming all summer long!

This is my home park and I am gad that Six Flags is finally putting some real money into this park. This year with Apocalypse we saw great crowds and the theming on it is awesome! These new slides will be awesome for this park. The water park is THE DRAW for this park so it will be nice to see them do some more to it. After this awesome season I will be renewing my season pass next year.

No suprise on the ride side of the park getting nothing. I'd be more excited if they were going to refurbish the park, get rid of the rotting and abandoned buildings in exchange for newer ones, add more shade and repaint their rides than them getting something new.

Went to the park for my fourth time today. Quick rating of the rides.

We started off with apocalypse. A fifteen minute wait do to slow operations. The overall ride was mediocre at best felt it lacking speed and I could not even see the fire. Overall Rating : 5/10

Next we headed over to superman but stopped at Jokers Jinx. The ride itself is fun with a decent launch. But with this ride and every other ride in the park the efficiency is terrible I don't feel they are caring for the guests nor the ride. but on a rating for the ride itself: Overall 6/10

Next we rode Superman. This is the star of the park and is a kick ass ride. I feel the airtime on the hill coming out of the first helix is great picking you up than slamming you back to your seat (sometimes destroying your gut) overall its a fun ride : 8/10

After that we rode mind eraser. My dad really wanted the credit. We waited it out for the front praying it would be better and it was, Barely. I disliked the ride in many ways the layout is boring and has way to much head banging. Ill take a boomerang over this any day. 3/10

Next we made the mistake of riding roar. I don't remember it sucking nearly as much as it did. this ride should be burnt down and sent to hell. there was no way out of the rattle no airtime and a boring ride in general. am I in a rush to re ride? Hell no, Overall Rating of 2/10

Than we went to wild one. My favorite of the park. Its great to ride an old wooden coaster that still packs a punch. this ride is downright fun and a ride the whole family can enjoy. Overall 9/10

(Wow this is much longer than I thought it would be)

Next I rode tower of doom. It was fun and all bot it felt like a slightly bigger frog hopper. you had no pause up there to build anticipation. it stopped for a split second and dropped. I would much rather have a Skyscreamer there.

Only to credits I did not ride were Batwing and the great chase. I already rode Batwing and trust me thats a one and done.

Overal the park was empty yet the waterpark was packed. we had the longest wait due to poor operations on apocalypse.

I had a good day at the park and I would like to come back but honestly i'm not in a rush.

Bonzai Pipelines is pretty much Vanish Point with six drop slides, instead of two, right? I'm assuming it's the same manufacturer. On Vanish Point it just seems like the water is hitting you in the face the whole time and almost everyone gets off the ride with a big red scratch on their back. I hope they can get that fixed. Those slides are fun as hell though. Six is a good amount to have. Vanish Point has one of the longest lines at Water Country.

Also speaking of spelling things wrong for no reason... Bonzai isn't really a word. Banzai (charge) or Bonsai (tree) are words. That'll get your Drenaline pumping.

Than we went to wild one. My favorite of the park. Its great to ride an old wooden coaster that still packs a punch. this ride is downright fun and a ride the whole family can enjoy. Overall 9/10

Glad to see others on the same page as me about Wild One. I too feel it is the best ride SFA has to offer. It's got so much character.

^I'd been accustomed to reading great reviews claiming it to be highly underrated, and then it seemed like this year I read some disappointing stuff about how it was running. Yeah, right. It's easily one of the better "classic" coasters out there. Airtime all over the place, some of it pretty wicked, but without being [insert park name here]-Cyclone-rough.