TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

I really hope someone posts the outcome here by 10am.

My final guess is what I've been guessing. Spinning Wild Mouse.

It's not really what I'd want, but I know what direction the Boardwalk is going in now *coughfamilyorientatedcough*, and I'd be surprised if it is something really extreme. If it is a Eurofighter, or something else, I'd be blown away. But my guess is still Spinning Wild Mouse.

NEW RIDE for Summer 2013!!! UNDERTOW Spinning Coaster!!! At the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk!

http://www.beachboardwalk.com/undertow/

undertow.jpg.866d17b24e8814ebd3cebdd0244ee4f2.jpg

undertow-track-color-lrg.jpg.1d80ae4ac129a9c060f5abe5ecdbc1bc.jpg

NEW Boardwalk Thrill Ride!

Buckle up for some unexpected thrills on the only spinning coaster in Northern California! Undertow's crazy turns and sudden drops will push you to the edge… and back!

Catch your breath and try it again because Undertow’s unique design ensures that no two rides are ever the same. Start facing forward or start facing backward, depending on the weight and position of riders, your speed and rotation change every time!

Ride Description

The fun begins with the first drop as riders scream downhill in a disorienting sideways position at speeds of up to 40 mph.

In the Immelmann Turn, the track takes a sharp 80° bank as you find yourself staring straight up at the sky or straight down at the ground depending on your position in the car at any given moment.

A 360° carousel spin, a slalom section, and plenty of sharp curves will keep you wondering which way is up!

Technical Data:

- Track length: 1410 ft.

- Height: 50 ft.

- Cars: 4-seater, spinning

- Number of cars: 7

- Capacity: 900 pph

- Base area: 147 x 75 ft.

Edited by robbalvey

FINALLY someone built a coaster themed to a TOOL record, bout dang time!

That logo is obviously just an artists rendering, ^this will be the actual logo on opening day. But seriously, looks like a great addition to the Boardwalk. I wonder if it will be a standard or custom layout.