Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop for Selva Magica (Mexico)!

Bullet has opened
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop for Selva Magica (Mexico)!

Postby coastered » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 pm

According this IAAPA.org news release from november 2011, the Selva Magica park in Mexico will have a classic Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop coaster in 2012, with the name "The Bullet".
They are talking about the former Flamingo Land coaster that left the park in 2005 and got lost after that.
Selva Magica, in Guadalajara, Mexico, will add a Schwarzkopf shuttle roller coaster called “The Bullet.” The ride will stand 131- feet (40-meters) at its highest point and reach speeds of 80 kilometers per hour (50 miles per hour). http://www.selvamagica.com.mx

Because the official Selva Magica website (http://www.selvamagica.com.mx) still has no sign of The Bullet I would like to know if this rollercoaster had allready appeared in the Mexican park.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:24 am.
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop for Selva Magica (Mexico) in 20

Postby australianalex » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:55 pm

It'd be cool if it is indeed Flamingoland's Bullet. I always thought it was a shame it was taken down as it's a kickass design, but if it's making a reappearance in Mexico that's awesome.
Is it just me or is Mexico where Schwarzkopf coasters go to die?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby darklingscribe » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 am

Have any actually died there? If they are still working and drawing crowds I'd say they are alive and well.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coastered » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 am

Actually only 1 Schwarzkopf rollercoaster has really died in Mexico, the former SFMM Wildcat Mountain Express.

Katapulta (a katapult coaster) was removed from Selva Mágica in 1998 and sent to Schwarzkopf's factory in Germany. The ride arrived damaged and it isn't known what became of it.
A JumboJet coaster (former Alton Towers new beast) was sold to a Columbian park after a short stay at a Mexican park. And it is operating well since 2010.

Mexico has yet 4 operational Schwarzkopf rollercoasters:
* Cascabel - Shuttle loop @ La Feria Chapultepec Magico since 1994
* Montaña Infinitum - former Dreierlooping/Magnum Force @ La Feria Chapultepec Magico since 2007
* Tornado - JumboJet (former Glissade @ BGW) @ Selva Mágica since 2002
* Tsunami - former Thriller/Zonga @ Isla San Marcos Parque Temático since 2008

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&co=6844&pl=2&ot=2
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:55 am

The Bullet is a ride that I've wanted to check out since I first saw pictures of it on TPR. It would be great to see it operating again.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 am

Ugh, I really hope they either get this fast or it turns out not to be true cause it's going to mess with my TPR Mexico Trip planning!!!!

Seriously though, would LOVE to see this ride brought back as it was amazing.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby fraroc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:42 am

It seems like Mexico and central America are all safe havens for all the Schwartzkopfs that we got rid of. I really hope it is Weiner Looping, because that ride looked like 100% more badass than any Vekoma Boomerang coaster, and I LIKE boomerangs. I personally believe Boomerangs are both convienient and fun, and considering how a park takes care of them, the headbanging can be kept to a minimum.

It also could be a chance that it could be thet Katapult at Hopi Hari, seeing as it's in an SBNO state for some reason. Katapult was the world's first launching coaster and it first operated as King Cobra at Kings Dominion.

OR, and this is probably a product of my own wishful thinking, but I REALLY hope it's a Katapul. All of them are probably in storage someplace, waiting to be built, it would definetly breathe new life into the coaster and could bring more back. (Just my luck, the first Schwartkopf Katapul to be rebuilt will be at Dorney :P )

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:32 am

^ The reason that Katapul is SBNO is because the park is retheming it to Superman as seen here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59544&p=1210388&hilit=Hopi+hari&sid=a7d68e07a2f01de507a7fc908ed69dd2#p1210388
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby fraroc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 am

3Mutts wrote:^ The reason that Katapul is SBNO is because the park is retheming it to Superman as seen here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59544&p=1210388&hilit=Hopi+hari&sid=a7d68e07a2f01de507a7fc908ed69dd2#p1210388

Am I the only one thinking "Six Flags Brazil" when I see this?

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Bear92 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:49 am

I sure hope this is true, although it would be a massive shame for it to leave the UK.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!