TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Along with the possibility of this new thrill ride they will also be adding "Autum Fair Grounds".

It will be a location in the park where you can buy local new hampshire, homemade things. They will also be keeping Octoberfest and of course the main fall attraction, Screeeemfest.

Canobie has decided to keep the corkscrew for a few more years. It isn't because the don't take care of it(which they do) it's just that it is an arrow corkscrew.

The cannonball has been know for amazig air time when the humidity is low. It is one of my favorite coasters that iv'e ever ridden.

Untamed and even the corkscrew have gotten much smoother this year. Maybe you just got a bad ride on untamed because all 40 rides i had on it this year were amazingly smooth.

This october the park will be adding a new Equinox (Tango) thrill flat ride!

It is unknown where it will be located but the construction will start this september!

Source?

OK lets try to clear this up a bit. it is claimed by 2 regular park visitors that one was told. but he other was shows along with a full Dance hall of Jackson tribute show goes a video announcing a ride for October. She goes on to say the rides name was Equinox. on the Canobie fan forums she then posted a link to a KMG tango which a carnival operate under the same name. another carnival operate a freak out style attraction under the same name.

It is not a production name for any ride.

I know I don't post here often but here is what I know. I asked about a new ride to a owner I talk to regularly and I was simply told you will find out soon enough. this was last Friday. There is no mention on the attraction on facebook, myspace, or twitter. If I felt anything was confirmed I would have updated the Whalom forums with the news

While I'm not saying they won't open a new ride in October, it does seem rather odd. Why open a new ride during your very last month of operation for the year? It would be different if the park was year round. I guess it's possible if they think it will help boost park attendance for their Halloween event though... Either way, we will just need to wait for an announcement from the park.

I think the ride could be a good addition if the location is right. I woudl also prefer to see a new ride where they can control the paint and lights. A straight carnival model might stick out a bit too much.

on a side not here is a POV of the Canobie 500 I took last Friday. PTR coming soon.

At first, it does seem weird that they didn't add it till the fall. But this would really help out the attendance for their fall events. Also, they could sneak this by in 2013 as a "Brand new ride". They wouldn't have to go through the trouble setting it up in the cold weather and all they would have to do is advertise it as their brand new for 2013 ride.

The only days The park is not busy during Screeemfest is Sunday. A new ride is great but if they are not interested in Screemfest they will wait till next year. So I don't see a new ride giving them much of a boost. Only bonus is if they add a ride at he end of 2012 they can, if they don't get a ride, heavily invest in capital improvements in 2013 but still have the new ride to advertise.

^ I hope they relocate it and don't simply tear it down. I love all the RC Tycoon type food stand they have around the park. It's become part of Canobie's charm IMO.

I'm sure it will be relocated. I will try and get info when I go on opening weekend for Screemfest. What I would like to see is it relocated to Kiddie land 2. there is very little food in that area and every option, you have to walk away to use. The RCT like Building would fit well and expand a very small area.

Nobody believe what lance is saying on screamscape. The ride isn't going to be temp. it is a perminante ride and I actually think that they will pull a skater and move it after the first year.

Like I said before The temp may be location not addition. Most likely it will be a carnival model not a park model.

Edited by mrceagle

It's very difficult to understand the last two posts of this conversation.

Lance at Screamscape had posted that he expected the ride to be a temporary addition just for the halloween season, not a permanent part of the park. I'm not sure where he got that from, no one else had said that, and the park has now confirmed that that isn't the case; it will be staying there after this season. Lance has updated his post at Screamscape to reflect that.

It's very difficult to understand the last two posts of this conversation.

The hard part here is I don't know what you don't understand. but Lets try this

• The park is adding a new Thrill ride, a KMG Tonga
  • The confirmed location is between the Dodgems/bumper car Building and the Carousel/Carousel building
  • This location once held another ride an SDC Matterhorn
  • The location is Currently a dining area with a giant hot dog themed stand (See photo here))
  • This stand need to be removed, but many want to see it relocated (this is easily done since the hotdog is Simply a shell over a concrete box. the Shell can be set up in a new location)
  • Screeemscape started a rumor that the ride will be temporary and only for the Halloween event.
  • I have pointed out he likely got an e-mail by someone that was confused with the plans. That the ride is a permanent addition to the park but not to that location. the Park has been know the set up a portable ride in one location and relocate it a few years down the line.

I hope this help. I will be happy to answer any questions about the park.

I meant it was hard to understand due to grammar and punctuation.

Agreed on that.

But it's nice that Canobie is getting a new ride.

^ Yup.

I love that Canobie is keeping the park going strong with additions, events, upkeep, etc. They do a great job running this park. I think they have a really great selection of flats already, and having another "thrilling" flat to go with the Frisbee is cool... especially since it's an addition that doesn't require too much space.