TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think I would be willing to give up Scream, and I can see why some people believe it could be removed. Scream is viewed as an afterthought attraction at SFMM, even though it could easily be a star attraction at another park. I think it would be a hit at SFStl or SFA. I would actually be glad to see it go, only because its new home would probably treat it better. I just hate to see a giant B&M rotting away in a parking lot in a forgotten corner of a park.

Screamscape MM 2013 coaster

2013 - Full Throttle - (8/24/12) Screamscape sources tell us that the Full Throttle coaster will indeed attempt to claim the record for having the tallest inversion in the world, featuring a launch up into a loop around the 160 ft range. Cedar Fair apparently got wind of things and decided to beat them to the punch by claiming that GateKeeper’s roll-over at the top of the lift at 170 feet in the air would really be the world’s tallest inversion.

Missed it by 10 feet...lol

Screamscape MM 2013 coaster

2013 - Full Throttle - (8/24/12) Screamscape sources tell us that the Full Throttle coaster will indeed attempt to claim the record for having the tallest inversion in the world, featuring a launch up into a loop around the 160 ft range. Cedar Fair apparently got wind of things and decided to beat them to the punch by claiming that GateKeeper’s roll-over at the top of the lift at 170 feet in the air would really be the world’s tallest inversion.

Missed it by 10 feet...lol

It'd still be the world's tallest vertical loop.

Magic Mountain can also advertise having the largest inversion on a launched coaster. I don't think that they'll have any problem generating hype.

A tallest inversion record, to me, is pretty much one of those near-meaningless stats that actually is not impressive. At the speed you are going through these inversions, how much of an appreciation can really have in that split second? If SFMM really does use that stat as a key part of the marketing for Full Throttle, I would guess that most GP will be indifferent to that message.

Imo, height, speed, and airtime records for coasters are more significant for the overall enjoyment of the ride.

A tallest inversion record, to me, is pretty much one of those near-meaningless stats that actually is not impressive. At the speed you are going through these inversions, how much of an appreciation can really have in that split second? If SFMM really does use that stat as a key part of the marketing for Full Throttle, I would guess that most GP will be indifferent to that message.

Imo, height, speed, and airtime records for coasters are more significant for the overall enjoyment of the ride.

Most GP don't care about stats, all they care about is if its fun and scary.

From Premier's FB:

Hey fans! Keep an eye on our page for our big announcement that you won’t want to miss. Hint: Premier Rides is California dreaming once again!

I think we can all agree this is Full Throttle... Unless we get a surprise from SCBB.

Premier Rides is announcing they are becoming a The Mamas and The Papas cover band???

I remember when I was actually surprised that California Screamin' had absolutely nothing (beyond the name) to do with the song California Dreamin'.

As a major fan of Premier, I'm glad they're still strongly rumored to be involved in this project, or at the very least are doing something in California.

Interested to see if Premier is involved with MM. I just took at a look at their website (http://www.premier-rides.com/), and man is it old.

Just gotta wait 6 more days to find out......

I did notice on their FB page that they were the main sponsor of an event at SFMM a while back, so the relationship is there. Of course a park like SFMM (and a chain like SF) probably has a relationship with all major ride designers regardless.

I was curious of who would be building this coaster, Intamin or Premier, and it looks like Premier, which I am very excited about. My friends and I were just talking about how much we miss The Chiller at SFGADV. So far here are the strong rumors...

The coaster may launch into a 160' inversion, just shy of GateKeeper's record-breaking 170' inversion.

It is likely the former monorail tunnels would house the LIM units to keep them cool and feature some tunnels in the layouts.

Log Jammer's old loading area would likely serve as the location for the new station, typical, practical.

Premier is back in the big LIM coaster game, welcome back, we missed you!

I thought there were two tunnels along the monorail route but now that I look at the map there appears to be only one. Last time I was at MM I remember seeing that tunnel had been kept preserved, and I hoped one day it would find future use. Before it was known this was going to be a launch coasters, there were strong rumors the coaster would use tunnels to keep the LIMs out of the sun. I never heard anything of any additional tunnels along the route, just thought the old monorail went through the mountain twice. Looking at the map, I would imagine the coaster would turn right and launch through the monorail tunnel and up into the signature inversion.

Just speculation, of course, but would make perfect sense.

594781771_FullThrottle.jpg.516bf16c4feba7612ff7b947758919cf.jpg

Edited by ECZenith

Interested to see if Premier is involved with MM. I just took at a look at their website (http://www.premier-rides.com/), and man is it old.

Just gotta wait 6 more days to find out......

I did notice on their FB page that they were the main sponsor of an event at SFMM a while back, so the relationship is there. Of course a park like SFMM (and a chain like SF) probably has a relationship with all major ride designers regardless.

I've mentioned this before but the guy who runs Premier used to be a bigwig at SFMM. I think he may have had Burkhart's position or something similar. This was back when Batman was new, so 94-ish.