TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Flashback is coming

Bahahahaha!!!

Oh well....it's better than not getting a single thing in 2013. I agree with David in this could be a better fit right now financially to prepare for larger investment in the future. I'm actually quite glad Flashback is headed to SFStL since it'll probably be more tolerable of a ride than Ninja is.

While getting a 23-year-old Vekoma Boomerang is lame and embarrassing, I have to agree with the folks who are looking at this in a positive light. I wouldn't be surprised if the park has plans for something bigger in 2014, and this is just an addition to "tide the park over" until then. SFNE got that dumpy little wild mouse, but then followed it up with a GIB a year later (yes, I know it was used, but it's still pretty major), and the world's tallest StarFlyer the year after that.

Anyway, as cheapy/cheesy as SFNE's wild mouse is, they themed it up fairly nicely and made it fit in well. I can only hope they will do the same with Flashcrap and give it the newer generation Vekoma trains.

Flashback is coming

Well, that's unfortunate. I'm not into that whole acting like Vekoma rides are a few rounds in the ring with Tyson during his prime but still riding them anyway to get a credit schtick, but that's an underwhelming addition. Still, from a business point of view, it makes sense- much more so than two boomerangs next to each other in the same park (NE), the addition of two consecutive Wild Mouse coasters in a large, busy park (GAm), or the cancelled-but-still-curious two Stand-Up coasters in the same park (also GAm).

I have to admit it is kind of funny Flashback is going to ole Saint Louis, I have ridden Flashback and even with the old trains it wasn't that bad. From a business point of view, I understand why the park would take Flashback. It could very well be a test to see how the GP responds to a "new" attraction and test the market at this time. The GP will look at Flashback/Boomerang as just another Vekoma boomerang, especially with the adverisements and highlights SIx Flags will create to promote it. If Flashback is painted and given a new, preferable lap bar only train, it will make the GP happy. Maybe this is crazy, but I think it would be really cool to make Flashback/boomerang an indoor-dark experience. I mean could you imagine going into a building boarding a train and pulled into a dark oblivion backwards then to be released and do it all again in reverse. Well it would make the ride somewhat more exciting.

I really don't think it's gonna be that bad and quite honestly I'm sure it's still gonna be a wecomed addition to the park by the GP. It's still probably gonna be smoother than Ninja and you get to go upside down 6 times. Woohoo!!!

Embrace change, it's coming. I also believe that if the Rattler refurb is as successful as NTAG, then we may see an IH Treatment or full topper track remake for The Boss in the next year or two to come. Just my thoughts.

The GP will look at Flashback/Boomerang as just another Vekoma boomerang, especially with the adverisements and highlights SIx Flags will create to promote it.

If Flashback goes to SFStL, the GP will look at it as just another coaster that goes upside down. The general public has never heard the name Vekoma before.

I also believe that if the Rattler refurb is as successful as NTAG, then we may see an IH Treatment or full topper track remake for The Boss in the next year or two to come. Just my thoughts.

I read that The Boss was tearing it up (in a good way) this year, but with all of the work that goes in to a coaster of it's size, an upgrade makes sense. Hopefully they wouldn't mess with the layout if the go this route.

I personally think the Boss has a great layout. I think if we were to see Rocky Mountain do something with it, they would probably do topper track. No matter what they do, it would still be great.

So now that we know Flashback is going from SFoT to SFStL, lets try and guess what they're going to do with it. LOL I think Six Flags will go with paint it electric blue and lime green and call it "Goliath". LOL (I totally wouldn't put it past them) It would be nice for them to keep the "Flashback" name and just redo the logo or something but I dunno...I just see SF messing this one up some how.

I personally think the Boss has a great layout. I think if we were to see Rocky Mountain do something with it, they would probably do topper track. No matter what they do, it would still be great.

So now that we know Flashback is going from SFoT to SFStL, lets try and guess what they're going to do with it. LOL I think Six Flags will go with paint it electric blue and lime green and call it "Goliath". LOL (I totally wouldn't put it past them) It would be nice for them to keep the "Flashback" name and just redo the logo or something but I dunno...I just see SF messing this one up some how.

Rumors has it is that it will be name Zoomberang!

While I, like many of you, are not too happy about a used boomerang coming to SFStL I would at least accept the idea more if they went with the newer train like on Carolina Cobra. What a huge difference they make.

As for The Boss I would not want them to change the layout if they were to do a big refurb with Rocky Mountain. That ride has one of the best layouts and some pretty awesome drops too.

Some things should just be left alone - like The Boss's layout.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Gravity Group to do a refurbishment of The Boss (if it really even needs it)?

If they leave the current trains on it, they could find some heavy metal-type font for the logo, put some big guitars and amps around the station, build a giant hand doing the "devil horns" index-finger-and-pinky sign in front of the cobra roll, and call it "Head Banger"

They could play "Mental Health (Bang Your Head)" in the station.

It looks like Six Flags St. Louis accidentally leaked information about its 2013 addition...

http://www.sixflags.com/stLouis/info/MrFreezeReverseBlast.aspx

Six Flags St. Louis today announced plans to add a new steel coaster, Boomerang, to the park’s already extensive line-up of thrills. In 2013, Boomerang will become the park’s ninth coaster, bringing a new experience to guests with its unique combination of thrill elements. Six Flags St. Louis is currently home to more roller coasters than any other theme park in Missouri.

Boomerang combines a mix of twists, turns and loops unlike any other coaster experience at the park. The 28-passenger trains are pulled up 125 feet backward to the top of the first lift hill and then released to shoot out through the 1,650 feet of track at up to 50 mph. Guests will sail through a half loop, then into a right half cork screw, a left half cork screw and finally another half loop. And just when guests think they are done, the trains fly through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill. Staying true to its name, Boomerang takes guests full circle to where they began sweeping through the spirals, loops, twists and turns again.

“Boomerang puts a new twist, literally, on the coaster thrills at Six Flags St. Louis,” said Dave Roemer, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “We already offer more rollers coasters than any other theme park in Missouri, now we are adding new elements like the cobra roll and half loops to bring our guests new thrills!”

Boomerang is scheduled to open spring 2013 and it will be located in the Illinois section of the park.

4163427_SFSL08_V_FC_BUGS.jpg.4b5fa3272ab1601bbc8cbc629380bd78.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

The 28-passenger trains are pulled up 125 feet backward to the top of the first lift hill and then released to shoot out through the 1,650 feet of track at up to 50 mph. Guests will sail through a half loop, then into a right half cork screw, a left half cork screw and finally another half loop. And just when guests think they are done, the trains fly through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill.

Seems like they were describing an RCT coaster here...