Anyhoo .. this was more of test of the new camera we purchased and such, but it was fun since there were alot of cute fuzzy animals and spinny rides.
Day 1 - Dallas Zoo:
- So the Zoo is like 5 mins from us and I don't go that often. But we went and it's fairly cheap like $6 per person. Checked out the Chance Carousel, bleh whatever. Checked out the new "Bug-U" exhibit which made you itch with all the ants they had on display. Then checked out birds and the lions who were pissed. Did the Reptile Building, even tho all snakes need to die and almost killed a few kids, some parents I swear. After that got to check out the fluffy otters, those guys kick ass and saw the Kangaroos mating.
- The cheetahs were having lunch and they had Llammas. Playing around in the Children's Zoo for a bit since they've got fun stuff there. Headed over to the African exhibit, which is half closed cause of the damn Gorilla escape a while back. The chimps weren't liking company as they were throwing rocks at us, or maybe it was poo. The zoo closed and I noticed they had African Bongs, very strange I must say.
- The zoo is nicer now, they are expanding almost every quarter and are adding some big exhibits in the future like Penguins, Polar Bears, New Gorilla habitat expansion, new Large Mammal building and new Panda exhibit due in 2008.
Mmm Bald Eagles
These guys rule ... I like to move it, move it!
They feed them small children
He was shy, or just wanted to eat his damn food in private
- Yeah so .. we went to the "better" zoo. The Ft. Worth Zoo is known in the same class as the San Diego Zoo, but sometimes I find it ghetto, but it is very nice.
- We started in the Texas Wild! exhibit, exhibit based on the animals found in Texas, most where we live BTW .. which is creepy. But yeah, this is a nice expansion in the very far back end of the zoo. They have sections based off the different geographical regions like the Piney Woods, Plains, Mountains, Bruch Country, Gulf Coast, Hill Country .. very cool.
- We started checking out the Deer and non-existant prairie dogs who were hiding. We moved on into the Piney Woods and Swamps, where Dallas is techinically. Checked out the playful otters and watched the black bears sleep. The wolf was in rehab for his coke addiction, so yeah after that headed to the Gulf Coast to see fish and that was fast.
- After the fishes and birds, we hit "Brush" country. Now techinically this is all over the state and all the animals here were captured in Texas. They've got Bald Eagles, Mountain Lions, Coyotes, Jaguars, Roadrunners, more Hawks and eagles, Bobcats, Possums, Porcupines, etc. They highlight is always the big cats and the baby Jaguar. We wanted him until I remembered he could maul you.
- After this there was the mountain section, which is mostly snakes, bug and other creepy stuff. But they did have dung beetles and a roach exhibit. I just wonder how many times they have to refill that weekly.
- After the Texas Wild! we saw a heard of real cows! And then headed off to the rest of the zoo. The rest of the zoo is a straight walk. The Komodo Dragons are cool as well as the Australian Outback with the kangaroos and babies. They had the new "Great Barrier Reef" exhibit up since the Koalas were sent back to San Diego. The rest of the zoo conists of "Asian Falls" were they have Tigers looking for Roy Horn, bears, elephants, etc.
- Finished the zoo at the World of Primates, watched a gorilla eat, which is amazing how human like they are and played with a chimp.
Texas Town .. main midway for Texas Wild!
Yup carousel as well.
Hmm .. hungry?
Gulf Coast thingie
Mountain Lion .. captured in Dallas County no less
Coyote .. just a big doggie really
Ze baby jaguar!
Awwww .... he wants a belly rub
There's momma tho.
The heard being moved to a new pen :)
Cheetahs ... being lazy cats
Kangaroos .. for the Aussies, just don't eat them please
Map in case you were lost
Baby lions .. they are fuzzy
Monkeys are cool too .. how are we NOT descended from them!?
- Now I feel out of place at these places since I don't spend every waking hour with my cow or horse since everyone in Texas owns one. But yeah .. I came for the rides mostly. 3 coasters, all kiddies but some decent flats, not spectacular however except the ever great Fabbri drop tower.
- Also the petting zoo is more fun with the donkeys, Zebras who pee on the donkey's head, little goats, rabbit, llammas, chickens .. yup.
Hmm copying Dentzel
You know your in Texas when?
Ok so "Roswell" and Area 51 are now in the same state? Carnies ... heh
Starship 2000 just out of rehab and paint
Will Rogers Memorial Center
Digital SLRs rule
fun rides ... sometimes
That's a big slide
mmm Mega Drop
more LLAMMAS !!!
More for our Aussie friends
Spin spin spin
YAY .. I like these rides.
Da Scorpion .. or that's how the operator said it.
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.