Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beer Man

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby mcjaco » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 pm

^ Thought the same thing. Refurb the station? Whaaa?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:09 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/all-in-the-details-step-inside-the-world-of-belle-through-her-magic-mirror-at-magic-kingdom-park/

We’ve hinted before on the Disney Parks Blog that Enchanted Tales with Belle, in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park, will be no ordinary character greeting. Today, we’re excited to share more details about this special experience. As you’ll see from the video below – provided by Walt Disney Imagineering – the goal of this attraction is not just to give you a place to meet a Disney character, but to completely transport you into the world of “Beauty and The Beast.”

The journey begins at Maurice’s Cottage, where they’ll walk through the whimsical garden and find inventions created by Belle’s tinkerer father, Maurice. Inside are books, pictures and other symbols that define the home of Belle and Maurice and their lives there, including leftover gadgets and artifacts from experiments gone awry. But guests also will see a mirror that magically becomes a portal into Beast’s Castle…

To be continued!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Erik Johnson wrote:Why in the world would they want to change the Country Bears? It is not like the show is very long to begin with.

As long as they keep "Blood on the Saddle." If this turns out to be true, I guess it's a reflection of our shortened attention spans.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm

I didn't realize the inside of the Dumbo queue was so large and themed so nicely. Fantasy land keeps looking better and better.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 pm

^It does look really impressive. I would love to go check it out.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:52 am

^^&^ Same! I had no idea they did all that for Dumbo, may have to go check that out! Can you play in that structure without being 'in line' for Dumbo?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 am

^Technically you aren't supposed to be allowed in unless you are waiting for Dumbo, but if you just ask the cast member, they'll tell you to just return the pager when you leave. I did that just to get my photos inside of the tent and they were fine with it, so it should work if you just want to visit the place for Kristen.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:04 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/celebrate-the-magic-nighttime-show-coming-to-magic-kingdom-park/

Beginning this November, guests visiting Magic Kingdom Park will be able to enjoy a new nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle. “Celebrate the Magic” will incorporate favorite elements from the current show, “The Magic, The Memories and You!,” with all-new music, storytelling and special effects.

“‘Celebrate the Magic’ takes us on a journey to the heart of the most beloved Disney stories and characters,” said Show Director Katy Harris. “This amazing show will magically transform Cinderella Castle with spectacular projection effects, choreographed to a new music soundtrack. The show will be full of emotion and storytelling, proving that, with imagination and magic in our hearts, anything is possible.”

“The Magic, The Memories and You!” will be presented for the last time on Labor Day, September 3, at both Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park. While “Celebrate the Magic” will be exclusive to Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland Resort guests can look forward to the return of “it’s a small world” holiday later this year, as well as the debut of a new live entertainment experience in the Fantasyland Theatre, opening in summer 2013.
ctm198024LARGE.jpg

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:27 pm

The new Play queue for Dumbo is a really cool idea!!
Hm, I see...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Ginny » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 am

I'm not going to recognize anything the next time I get to WDW.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!