Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:14 am

I guess the top picture has the artist's interpretation of Florida's "landfill mountains." ;)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:18 am

^The mountains will be part of a future renovation.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby tiger01 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am

These are some pictures I took from my visit a fortnight ago. I also did a panorama. :)

Your very welcome, although a lot must have been done in two weeks.
I quit my job at the helium factory last week...I refused to be spoken to in that tone!

My newest rct3 park...Marine World [Rct3]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 am

Even though it looks really good I'm still having a hard time getting excited about this project. I hope the 7 Dwarfs coaster is s really unique one of a kind attraction attraction but is it's not I won't be surprised. The whole thing just seems kinda meh.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Stitch_101 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Even though it looks really good I'm still having a hard time getting excited about this project. I hope the 7 Dwarfs coaster is s really unique one of a kind attraction attraction but is it's not I won't be surprised. The whole thing just seems kinda meh.

I for one am actually really excited about this project. When it comes to Disney Parks, and while there are many rides I love there, it's the atmosphere and detail that bring me back year after year. This new expansion is looking amazing, and I can't wait to see it finished and in person. Now I can only hope that when this expansion is over it means we might finally see a much needed renovation/expansion of Tomorrowland. In my opinion, it's the area of the park that needs it most.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:06 am

I love the idea of this coaster.

It's using a new style of train/cars,
an original layout with theming,
and more than likely a few A/As
here and there, lol.

And I am SO hoping The Witch will
make an appearance in there <G>.

And it's another Disney-designed
mountain! Well, more like a hill,
heh heh, but still....

:mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am

^^I completely agree. It's not always the rides that bring me back there but the atmosphere of the park. Sure, the park having great one of a kind attractions is a great plus, but just all the detail put into these areas adds more to it. And no doubt will this New Fantasyland have a lot of amazing details as well. I'm right up there with you hoping Tomorrowland gets the much needed renovation as well. With that, hopefully Disney can put their attention to the other parks once again. (Avatarland, which I'm not that excited about.)
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

Continuing on my visit to Walt Disney World, we stopped by the Magic Kingdom...
DSC07744.JPG
Despite the rain earlier, it turned out to be a nice day at the Magic Kingdom.
DSC07746.JPG
DSC07747.JPG
It's become a habit of mine to stop by the Sunshine Tree Terrace...
DSC07748.JPG
To visit the original Orange Bird...
DSC07749.JPG
And of course, to have another awesome Citrus Swirl!
DSC07760.JPG
The Country Bear Jamboree is closing for a lengthy refurbishment that is rumored to do to the show what was done to the content of the original Enchanted Tiki Room. The show is rumored to be shortened with certain songs removed by the time it returns.
DSC07763.JPG
I made it a point to see the original show one last time...
DSC07767.JPG
It will be very interesting to see what form the show returns in later this year.
DSC07778.JPG
The Frontierland Hoedown is kindof like a coutnry flashmob with cast members and characters joining in to dance to the sounds of Frontierland.
DSC07784.JPG
It's a neat little side offering to enjoy.
DSC07786.JPG
Over in Liberty Square, the Yankee Trader building is behind major scrims (though is still open) to be reworked to be seen from all angles.
DSC07792.JPG
Throughout the park FastPass+ readers have been popping up at attraction entrances in preparation for the September test runs to resume soon.
DSC07795.JPG
Moving into Fantasyland...
DSC07797.JPG
A look at the other side of the Yankee Trader, as well as the construction site of the former Skyway building.
DSC07799.JPG
New structures near the old Skyway building have begun to spring up. Rumors are that this area will become host to a new set of restrooms as well as a Tangled-themed meet and greet.
DSC07802.JPG
FastPass+ readers have arrived at the entrance of Peter Pan.
DSC07804.JPG
With old planters removed, the space between the new Castle Walls and the rest of Fantasyland looks larger.
DSC07806.JPG
Details near completion on the castle walls as official soft openings for New Fantasyland are set to begin on November 19th.
DSC07808.JPG
The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster has received additional framework while the original lift structure has received concrete coverings to enclose the lift.
DSC07815.JPG
The former home of Snow White's Scary Adventures continues to be stripped down to make way for the Princess Fairytale Hall set to debut later next year. Pieces from the former Snow White festival/fair facade are now stored backstage.
DSC07823.JPG
This steel framing sprung up out of nowhere over the past few days.
DSC07826.JPG
FastPass+ readers are also at the entrance of the FastPass line at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
DSC07830.JPG
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid is receiving a grassy top to give a more realistic feel to the facade of the new attraction.
DSC07831.JPG
I think it'll look great when it is finished!
DSC07832.JPG
DSC07837.JPG
The Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station remains popular with guests throughout the day.
DSC07841.JPG
The third, unannounced tent is rumored to be a quick service eatery themed to Humphrey the Bear.
DSC07455.JPG
I finally had a chance to check out the new play queue at Dumbo.
DSC07456.JPG
DSC07457.JPG
You enter thru the main queue where you are given a pager. From there you have free reign to enjoy the play queue until your pager goes off, where you then exit the play queue and re-enter the main queue seen to the left.
DSC07458.JPG
Plenty of line available inside to handle long waits.
DSC07459.JPG
DSC07460.JPG
DSC07461.JPG
DSC07462.JPG
DSC07464.JPG
Even the control system for the pagers is themed!
DSC07467.JPG
The play structures are designed for the children to enjoy while parents can sit back and relax, waiting for their pager to go off.
DSC07468.JPG
DSC07471.JPG
There's some great details here for fans of the film.
DSC07472.JPG
DSC07473.JPG
Pull the string...
DSC07474.JPG
Fireworks go off!
DSC07849.JPG
And to close, the old Swan Boats dock near Tomorrowland is behind scrims for refurbishment.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:59 am

Why in the world would they want to change the Country Bears? It is not like the show is very long to begin with.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 pm

^ Totally agree on that.

And if they're going to refurbish the Swan Boats Dock...
why not bring back the Swan Boats??? That would be so
cool and retro, esp.for Anniversay 50 in...2021?

Just-a-thought. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!