SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Here is some video I took at SeaWorld a couple days ago showing off some of the animals and the coasters:

Here is some (very shakey!) video footage I took at Discovery Cove two weeks ago showing the otters playing around, along with being surrounded by stingrays and fish in the grand reef:

I realized the other day I've been to both of these places so many times and never took any video, so I finally got around to it! :b

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Looks like a great addition to Discovery Cove. How much did Renee charge you for those pictures with her?

Take pictures of my feet

Postby nay » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:53 pm

cfc wrote:How much did Renee charge you for those pictures with her?

$69. You're welcome.

If you consider that the park closes at 5:30, I'd say that it's definitely best to stay there from open to close to take full advantage of everything they have to offer. And with unlimited food and drink too, why not! You won't have any problems spending a full day there, especially if you do the dolphin interaction and SeaVenture. And even if you don't do either of those, it's still totally worth it. I'm not a huge beach person either and when I visited, I didn't lounge around in the beach areas there at all.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:37 pm

It really took me a second to figure out if the woman walking behind you guys was wearing a bathing suit bottom.

Great pics though, I really have to get to this park!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:02 pm

^MY EYES!!!! :mike:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby tiger01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:29 am

I went to the park a few days ago and absolutely lived it! It wasn't my first visit however it was the first time I would ride large roller coasters there. We started with Manya which quickly became my favourite coaster. I had expectations forthr pretzel loop and it absolutely delivered. We then headed to Kraken and as I sat in the brake run, I knew that that was the best coaster I have been on. It was forceful and intense, just how an old school B&M should be. :)
Then we went to Journey and since there was a long line reaching 40 minutes we decided to use the single rider queue. This boarded us immediately! The ride was fun and I loved the coaster section. We rode this twice. Later on in the day there was a large thunderstorm hanging over the park so they cancelled One Ocean (understandably).
We went to Aquatica two days later and decided that we would revisit Seaworld afterwards. We headed to the Sky Tower which was now free of charge and enjoyed the views of the parks and international drive. :) after that we headed to the Shamu stadium to watch Shamu Rocks where I was very impressed with the show. I was surprised when the guitarist came out to play eruption. :) we watched as it got very dark during the show and I thought that I might be able to get a night ride on one of the B&Ms. After the show we headed to Manta to see that there was a small line of people waiting outside the entrance. They were waiting for the line to reopen so we stood and waited. After fifteen minutes they opened the ride and we walked through the whole queue to half way up the stairs. The right side of the station was shut so there wasn't many cars going out which made a little wait for us but not for people further down the queue. When it was our turn we were sent to the front which had no queue. As we boarded I looked out to the lift hill and knew it was going to be fun. It was! Possibly the best coaster experience of my life! After the ride was done you had to wait on the brake run for 5 minutes (which is a long time to be held in that position) since only one side of the station was active. After that we stood at the splash down element of Manta and looked across to the fireworks which dazzled above it. Few trains came through and made it a more enjoyable experience for us. It was a great day!

Also, Kraken desperately needs a single rider line since there were so many empty seats on each train. With 40 minute plus queues its quite annoying as well. Thankfully I didn't have to wait in that sort of queue.
I quit my job at the helium factory last week...I refused to be spoken to in that tone!

My newest rct3 park...Marine World [Rct3]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby eddytheviper » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 am

tiger01 wrote:Also, Kraken desperately needs a single rider line since there were so many empty seats on each train. With 40 minute plus queues its quite annoying as well. Thankfully I didn't have to wait in that sort of queue.

THIS.
OH MY WORD IT'S SO INFURIATING :x

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:12 pm

^The Busch parks seem to have a love/hate relationship with single-rider lines. BGW has them for Apollo's Chariot and Griffon, but they've haven't been open much this season, and I think they did away with the one for DarKastle.

It would be nice to see single-rider lines for Kraken and Manta.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:51 am

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release with new details about this year's Halloween Spooktacular!

Endless Waves of Halloween fun at Seaworld Orlando Every Weekend in October

SeaWorld Orlando invites families to dive in and explore an underwater “fantasea” at SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular. Lifetime memories are created during Central Florida’s ultimate family-friendly event where children can trick-or-treat, dance with fanciful sea creatures, and create sea-themed arts and crafts. Back and better than ever this year, SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular returns with added trick-or-treat stations and even more colorful characters.

SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular takes place every weekend in October: 6-7, 13-14, 19-21 and 26-28. This daytime event runs from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., leaving the littlest of trick-or-treaters wide-eyed for the fun-filled activities. The best way to experience all of SeaWorld’s year-round events, as well as exclusive savings and perks, is with an Annual Pass. For more details or to purchase visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.

Spooktacular Highlights Include:

Penelope’s Party Zone
Join the Halloween party of the season that immerses children in the wonders of the sea through kid-friendly music, games, and playful characters. Located at SeaWorld’s Bayside area, this dynamic underwater environment comes to life when guests dance and play along to the spooky sound waves broadcast by a live DJ. With countless bubbles floating overhead and colorful pumpkin fish gliding beside you, this Halloween party is sure to provide non-stop fun for all ages.

Trick-or-Treating Under the Sea
Offering more than one million pieces of trick-or-treat sweets, costumed youngsters can search for hidden “sea” treasures using their Spooktacular maps at fifteen different locations. Each station features an assortment of ghoulish goodies and candies.

Sweet Treat Decorating
Kids and parents alike can have a “splash” creating their own sweet treats at this interactive station located inside of Penelope’s Party Zone. Tasty apples dipped in decadent caramel and chocolate-covered rice crispy treats are available to decorate to your sweet tooth’s desire with a variety of tasty toppings.

Strolling Entertainment
Stroll among colorful, playful schools of pumpkin fish welcoming trick-or-treaters throughout the park and get the chance to meet other whimsical characters like Penelope Pumpkin fish, Shamu, Dolly Dolphin, Shivers the Polar Bear, Pete and Penny Penguin, a mermaid, and a walking-talking spider-crab! Photo opportunities with these “spook-tastic” characters create lasting memories.

More SeaWorld Halloween Fun:

SeaWorld’s Holiday Family Sleepovers (6 p.m. – 9 a.m. on Oct. 19, 20, 26 and 27)
Families can snuggle into a spooky slumber surrounded by exotic fish, rays, and sea dragons inside the floor-to-ceiling aquariums at Manta. Cost is $78 per person or $103 (includes next-day park admission). A pizza dinner and breakfast are included. Program is for children in grades K-5 and their families. Reservations can be made by calling: 1-800-406-2244. For more info, visit seaworldorlando.com.
SeaWorlds_Halloween_Spooktacular.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:02 am

Looks like the standard offering for this event, which is usually very well done and nice for the kids. I've always though that if done properly some type of fun and lighthearted, spooky (not scary) walk through featuring Sesame Street characters in Halloween costumes would be a lot of fun for kids at an event like this.

cfc wrote:^The Busch parks seem to have a love/hate relationship with single-rider lines. BGW has them for Apollo's Chariot and Griffon, but they've haven't been open much this season, and I think they did away with the one for DarKastle.

It would be nice to see single-rider lines for Kraken and Manta.

At Manta it seems like they used to take singles through the quick que line, but maybe not on a regular basis? At Kraken logistically a single rider line would be tough, it would probably have to go through the exit platform which would be a nightmare for the operations teams. In my experience Kraken is rarely crowded enough the really need a single rider line, even on a crowded day with multiple trains running I can't remember that line ever being longer than about 45 minutes. Maybe Antarctica will draw more crowds back to that section, but until that happens a single rider line at kraken is probably the least of SeaWorld's worries.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!