Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:27 pm

sspaz1000 wrote:I was with Chris yesterday at the park, and while Skyrush was dispatching with empty seats, a lot has to be said for people not wanting to split up groups and what not. On all 3 rides, ride ops always said two seats here, and allowed people to get on if they wanted to.

While lines were absolutely insane, I must say Skyrush gets most improved, while waiting through all of the switchbacks, it was still only a 30-40 minute wait.

I am still disappointed in the amount of miserable workers at the park.

Also parents, there are height checks and height guides at the rides for a reason. Don't hold up the freaking line having a hissy fit because your kid is 3 inches too short for the bumper cars. Then after they walk you over to the exit, you still yell at the poor worker. He doesn't make the rules, you just failed to comprehend them.

I agree. That upsets me when people don't check their kids height before entering the queues and then get mad and complain when the kid gets denied. Nice way to set an example in front of your kids by acting like a total dumb ass in front of a bunch of strangers.

Hershey goes above and beyond what they need to for height restrictions on rides...probably one of the best in the business. I really don't think that they could dumb it down any more than what they currently have. They're comparing it to candy, for God's sake!

As far as workers, I agree that they need to take a picture out of Dollywoods & Disney's (haven't been to Holiday World, but it sounds just as good) book and hire older workers or be very critical of whom they hire for these jobs. While the ride op experience can't make or break a day at a theme park, you certainly notice and appreciate when a ride op goes out of their way to ensure guests have a good time.

I have written E-mails to parks when I observe a ride crew that seems to be exceptional in my book. While I don't take names, I know that the park can figure out what ride crew is working when I tell them when I was at a certain attraction at a certain time & date. It's all about the little things...

On that note, I'm pumped for my (much, much needed) weekend vacation there. While I figure Saturday will have insane lines, I know that we have two days there and can take our time and just have fun! I am very curious to ride Skyrush with all the different opinions I have seen on here...should be interesting!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:^I tried to put my hands up at least a couple times on Skyrush. Big mistake. I now know all too well what people meant about almost flying out, especially from the time I was forcefully wrenched sideways!

I do think Fahrenheit is a decent ride, perhaps a bit underrated even, but nothing to rave about. Wildcat I was fine with last year in the back (just found it a bit boring), but it was actually really rough in the front this year, which I'm sure surprised no one else.

I agree, there is something about the atmosphere at Hershey that always gets me and sticks in my memory, even though it's not a perfect park.

I personally really enjoyed Fahrenheit but thought that the rattle in the cobra roll was just sad considering that it's only four years old and it really detracted from a really great ride in my opinion. As for Wildcat it was fine except for that one turn which was absolutely brutal but it had some airtime. As for Skyrush I forgot to hold on during the first pull up (I did this on all my rides to minimize stapling) and ended up leaning out of the train, the rest of the ride was awesome with my hands in the air. :airtime:
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

megametal wrote:Well, I'd be upset if I lived in or around Harrisburg too. :p

As someone that spent 26 years of his life in Harrisburg, I vote "yes" on this.

And people haven't been paying attention to the height restriction on the bumper cars for, um, forever. Pretty much every incident where I had to call security when I worked at Hershey was because of an insane guest screaming and making threats, insisting that they HAD to bring their embryo or whatever on the bumper cars. "They're sitting with me! They'll be safe!" was the usual argument. Dumb people are dumb.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Roller Soaker is for sale.

http://www.rides4u.com/view/2806

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 pm

^YAY! :devil:

No, seriously, I understand the points made recently about it being a decent family and water ride, but as a coaster I thought it was really, really lame. Definitely a one and done. At least it was a walk-on when I rode.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm

deathbydinn wrote:Roller Soaker is for sale.

Not surprising whatsoever. Hopefully, Hersheypark will replace it with some ProSlide goodness.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 pm

deathbydinn wrote:Roller Soaker is for sale.

I just bought it to put it in my backyard. It will make it easier to water my garden.
Last edited by Mrlittle on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:49 pm.

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 pm

^I am so counting that as a new credit.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 am

Totally off topic but that website also has Crossbow from Bowcraft listed for sale. Interesting!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:01 am

Would this fit in Rollersoaker's footprint?

Seems like one of these, in a 6 or 8-lane version would be great both for capacity, and be different from existing slides.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!