Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1919 - Holiday in the Park Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 pm

ElToroGirl84 wrote:
3Mutts wrote:^ I think as long as you have a child that isn't tall enough to ride certain rides they will let you use parent swap.

Thanks! That's what I'm thinking too, I just worry because the website mentions the word 'Parents' when describing it and the pass is called 'Parent swap pass'.

You will have no trouble using the Parent Swap with your god daughter.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:04 am

Some interesting news from the park....

sfgadv_logo.jpg

Six Flags Great Adventure Invites Guests to Take Last Drive Through Wild Safari Animal Park

JACKSON, NJ – August 20, 2012 – After 38 years of operation and more than ten million drive-through visitors, the Six Flags Wild Safari will discontinue allowing guests to drive their own vehicles through its gates after September 30, 2012.

Described as the world’s largest drive-through safari outside of Africa, the 350-acre animal sanctuary is home to 1,200 animals from six continents. Although park management will not release details about the safari’s future until August 30, the park’s president assures guests that all animals will remain at Six Flags and continue to receive first-rate care and attention.

“Animal preservation and education has been a cornerstone of Six Flags Great Adventure since we opened our gates in 1974,” said Park President John Fitzgerald. “While significant changes are on our horizon, our veterinary and animal husbandry staff will continue to provide excellent care for the more than 70 species of exotic and domestic animals that live here at Six Flags.”

Fitzgerald declined to release any further details.

“Six Flags Wild Safari has been an institution for many families whose first glimpse of exotic animals was with their faces pressed up against a car window. That chapter of our history is now drawing to a close,” said Safari Director and Chief Veterinarian Bill Rives.

Six Flags Great Adventure will release the details of its 2013 season August 30. For park information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:09 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby jps294 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 am

^ When I read that, i was like...
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:14 am

Interesting. Are they making the Safari into a guided tour?
I haven't been through the Safari in years. I would do one last ride-through, but I'm not terribly excited about having monkeys jump all over my car. Maybe that's why they're doing away with the self-driven aspect. :Pr

EDIT: I'm guessing this is what the 2013 announcement will be about?
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

I make music: https://tigercastle.bandcamp.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby sspaz1000 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am

Interesting. Might be making a trip to Great Adventure this weekend.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby donkeyman18 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 am

Wow, This kind of sucks. My first memories of the park were in the wild safari. Hope its official guided tours. NOT a hotel ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:29 am

We seriously thought about doing the add-on safari when we were at the park a few weeks ago. Hope the Safari is staying and it just won't be a self-guided thing anymore.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 am

Because it specifies that guests will no longer be able to drive "their own vehicles", it seems to imply that it will still be a drive-through attraction, but probably guided (as everyone is already guessing).

This may seem lame, but last time I drove through the safari (which I've always LOVED doing), the animal lover in me got sort of bummed out at realizing how much car exhaust the animals must be exposed to on a daily basis during the operating season. This announcement makes me relieved in a way that the animals aren't going anywhere, and they will hopefully have cleaner air while we still get to enjoy them...

That being said, three of my favorite vacation memories ever are from this safari--both monkey related, and comedy gold:

* Monkey peeing on the car hood of our rental.
* Monkey "pleasuring himself" up against our windshield.
* Monkey taking off the antenna of the car in front of us.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby RaptorBoyASU » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 am

^Which are exactly the reasons I have always skipped it. I really have no desire to have monkey-related damage to my car.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/739c34fae57621ed909958976488d6e4.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 am

I wonder if it will be like an upcharge guided safari excursion. It would be a good idea. Alot of parks have their train ride and the attendants are doing speils the entire trip or theirs an automated speil. This would be a cool spin off of that.... going on a excursion in some Rhino Rally like vehicle with some skit/speils into the wild safari. I am just wondering it would be free or an upcharge... They could also incorporate such with both the dry and water park.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!