Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 pm

I agree--that sample figurine looks like it might come to life while you're asleep and kill you! (It would make a particularly creepy voodoo doll, as well.)

Postby Wes » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Yeah. Um. Those could look better.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 am

Probably a smart thing that they put an age limit on it. I can see some older male TPR members doing this for the fun of it. I don't think Disney would like that.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 am

^And there would be other adults who would do this for more than just "fun."

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/phineas-and-ferb-you-a-brand-new-reality-opens-at-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-world-resort-september-1/

First there were “Phineas & Ferb” character meet and greets at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Then Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure opened at Epcot. Now, the brothers will invade another area of Walt Disney World Resort: Beginning September 1, guests of all ages can participate in a complimentary augmented reality offering at Downtown Disney called “Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality.”

The experience, which will take place next to Bongos Cuban Café, will allow guests to step onto a platform and virtually interact with Phineas, Ferb, Dr. Doof and Agent P (in their animated forms) on a screen above. Fans can expect to experience any one of 20 different interactions, from dancing “The Platypus Walk” to getting caught in Dr. Doof’s Freeze-inator.

7782682938_f41f0d4ab9_b.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/new-20th-anniversary-walt-disney-world-marathon-medal-revealed/

Disney is known in the running industry for its cool race medals, so it should come as no surprise that runDisney has pulled out all of the stops in designing a medal for next year’s 20th anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon, January 10-13. The medal was revealed this morning after a two-week social media campaign called “The Great Medal Caper” in which fans such as you got to unlock clues to eventually unveil the medal.

mmr017452LARGE.jpg

Trust me, this medal is unlike anything we have created before. It has the traditional round shape, but it features two spinning parts, including a medallion with a classic image of Mickey Mouse on one side and a modern image of him on the other side. The other cool features are two engraved quotes from Walt Disney himself.

And to think, all you have to do to get one of them is run 26.2 miles. Better start training now! But don’t forget to sign up for the race first at runDisney.com.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/hakuna-matata-lion-king-finds-a-home-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

The theming of the latest wing of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is so detailed and fun that its impossible to walk through the area without humming a song – any song – from Disney’s “The Lion King.”

The new Lion King courtyard, which officially opens today, allows guests to step into the adventure of Simba the lion cub, with landscapes and theming that reflect the fun scenes from the film.

Here, Pumbaa and Timon dance with a young Simba across a log bridge. King Mufasa towers atop Pride Rock while his evil brother Scar slinks in the shadows and his hyenas friends gaurd the elephant graveyard.

The fun continues inside each of the 320 family suites. Here, a figure of Zazu decorates the headboard, and Pumba and Timon appear on the shower curtain.

Previous wings of the resort, themed after “Cars” and “Finding Nemo,” opened earlier this year. The final wing of the resort, which is themed after “The Little Mermaid” and offers 864 rooms, will open September 15.

Which area sounds most appealing to you?
lio118947LARGE.jpg
lio228947LARGE.jpg
lkc222019LARGE.jpg
lkc666133LARGE.jpg
lkc110011LARGE.jpg
lkc777129LARGE.jpg
lkc555231LARGE-681x1024.jpg
lkc333129LARGE.jpg
lkc111000LARGE-682x1024.jpg
lkc121299LARGE.jpg
lkc444122LARGE.jpg
lkc101022LARGE.jpg
lkc888212LARGE.jpg
lkc999120LARGE.jpg
lkc131391LARGE.jpg
lkc141422LARGE.jpg
lkc151521LARGE.jpg
lkc161612LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 pm

I love that shower!
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 am

I'm glad that the Lion King is still relevant enough to theme a portion of a hotel after.

I like the look of the rooms, but they all (Nemo and Cars ones included) look like something you could DIY if you had any carpentry/design skills. There is a good and bad thing about that. Maybe there are some things they had to have custom made, like the shower tile, but other things like the chairs n whatnot look bought. From the floor to the bedspread to the dressers, nothing looks entirely cohesive.

I realize that's still more effort than the average hotel room.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 am

SLUSHIE wrote:I like the look of the rooms, but they all (Nemo and Cars ones included) look like something you could DIY if you had any carpentry/design skills.

With the right skills (or just watching a weekend marathon of home shows), you could probably replicate any room on property. Just sayin'.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:32 am

Am I the only one who absolutely dislikes (hate is a strong word, I love WDW too much) the design of the carpet in the Lion King room? :lmao:
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:34 am

A.J. wrote:Am I the only one who absolutely dislikes (hate is a strong word, I love WDW too much) the design of the carpet in the Lion King room? :lmao:

At least it will hide vomit stains well...
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!