TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Also in my opinion, anyone that complains about Macerick being painful to ride, doesn't know how to ride it properly.

The only proper way to ride should be to sit down and enjoy. There shouldn't be any work done to properly ride a coaster just so it can be enjoyable.

I agree, I like to ride with my arms up and not have to think about or anticipate the ride. I like to let the ride "have it's way with me." Maverick was the first ride of this type that has the Intamin "QDC - quick direction changes." I'm not a fan of those at all. Yes, the I305 restraints would be an improvement for Maverick.

Can you imagine how painful this ride could've been in it's original configuration? There was some QDC coming right out of the acceleration tunnel that was removed before the ride was opened. Intamin re-profiled that curve so it "wouldn't be too rough on the trains." What would that have done to the riders???

I've got high hopes for the new ride being announced at the Point on Monday. I didn't like their last coaster - Maverick soon to be almost 6 years ago...

I thought the heartline roll was the only part that was reprofiled, the tunnel exit is already one of the quickest direction changes on the ride and I can't imagine it being any quicker. Is there any news/pictures about the "QDC" reprofiling out of the tunnel?

Also in my opinion, anyone that complains about Macerick being painful to ride, doesn't know how to ride it properly.

The only proper way to ride should be to sit down and enjoy. There shouldn't be any work done to properly ride a coaster just so it can be enjoyable.

I agree, I like to ride with my arms up and not have to think about or anticipate the ride. I like to let the ride "have it's way with me." Maverick was the first ride of this type that has the Intamin "QDC - quick direction changes." I'm not a fan of those at all. Yes, the I305 restraints would be an improvement for Maverick.

Can you imagine how painful this ride could've been in it's original configuration? There was some QDC coming right out of the acceleration tunnel that was removed before the ride was opened. Intamin re-profiled that curve so it "wouldn't be too rough on the trains." What would that have done to the riders???

I've got high hopes for the new ride being announced at the Point on Monday. I didn't like their last coaster - Maverick soon to be almost 6 years ago...

I thought the heartline roll was the only part that was reprofiled, the tunnel exit is already one of the quickest direction changes on the ride and I can't imagine it being any quicker. Is there any news/pictures about the "QDC" reprofiling out of the tunnel?

I only remember the ride opening was delayed and Intamin was working "overtime" to make it rideable for the "trains." I'm very sure it was the release from the LIMS at the end of the tunnel.

I only remember the ride opening was delayed and Intamin was working "overtime" to make it rideable for the "trains." I'm very sure it was the release from the LIMS at the end of the tunnel.

Why did you guess the end of the tunnel? Don't you know the heartline roll was redone? How do you know about the end of the tunnel.

Also, I think Maverick uses LSMs, not LIMs.

Why did you guess the end of the tunnel? Don't you know the heartline roll was redone? How do you know about the end of the tunnel.

Also, I think Maverick uses LSMs, not LIMs.

Here's your proof from Wickipedia.

On May 8, 2007, four days before Maverick was scheduled to debut, park general manager John Hildebrant announced that the ride would be delayed until early June because three 40-foot (12 m) track sections after the second launch needed to be replaced. These sections made up the heartline roll element and put excessive stress on the trains, which also might have caused discomfort to passengers due to high g-forces.[4] On May 17, 2007, the heartline roll was removed and was replaced with an s-curve.[13] The s-curve transitions the existing track from a banked right curve to a banked left curve. Installation of the s-curve was completed on May 24 and final testing and licensing of the attraction resumed.[14] On the same day, Cedar Point officials also announced that Maverick would debut on May 26.[15]

Ugh, are we seriously going back to the whole Maverick is rought/Maverick isn't rough/yada yada yada argument??

Just a wild shot in the dark, but what if the WingRider ends up being on inverted track, much like Raptor's? The trains would still seat off the sides of the track, but the track rails would be toward the bottom rather than the top? I doubt they would do this, but its the first thing that popped into my head when they mentioned Raptor in that teaser pic.

Ugh, are we seriously going back to the whole Maverick is rought/Maverick isn't rough/yada yada yada argument??

Just a wild shot in the dark, but what if the WingRider ends up being on inverted track, much like Raptor's? The trains would still seat off the sides of the track, but the track rails would be toward the bottom rather than the top? I doubt they would do this, but its the first thing that popped into my head when they mentioned Raptor in that teaser pic.

I thought of that a while back too. Although the supports would really get in the way.

i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g399/ShippudenMan/Shot1139.jpg

had to refrence RCT3 for this one.

It would be something like that. The layout would have to be full of highly banked turns for the supports not to be an eyesore to the riders.

It's a dead link now. Cp's website team needs FIRED!

I wish Cp would of went a little higher with this new concept, It won't be long before the next big wing rider comes along and takes the crown. Superman: Krypton Coaster, that coaster/Park knew what they were doing.