Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby TXman308 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:09 am

^I went on Friday and it was open. It's sort of like a giant play area with Dumbo flying around overhead.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Didn't really know where else to post this but since it was taken at MK ... sweet new Beatles "Abbey Road" inspired wallpaper from the Disney Blog. They even got the small details down.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-parks-wallpapers/#sf

Let the "Donald is Dead" rumors begin now. ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:47 pm

^So, the "walrus" was Donald?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kelfsu » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Thank you for the pictures. It looks like they've gotten a lot of work done since I went a few months ago.

I rode a 400ft one, and I LOVED it!!

Location: In the least southern part of Georgia culture-wise.

Postby Her0ofLime » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:16 am

Well needed bump, anyways i've been looking at construction videos and i'm suprised at how fast they've been working! If all keeps going full speed ahead they might have Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Finished( or at least testing) by late 2013!

ADMIN EDIT: There was no need to post in all green or any other color besides the default offered here on the forums. Please refrain from posting like this unless you have a specific reason for doing so.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 am.
"No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!"- Sonic The Hedgehog
  ▲
▲ ▲ For courage, wisdom, and power, I call upon the guide!
Watch as I work my gypsy magic, eye of a newt and cinnamon. Watch as the matter turns to batter, open the portal, jump in!
[url=http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41995]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 am

cfc wrote:The only somewhat jarring note is the fence around Casey Jr.--I guess they don't want wet kids climbing on him and falling off.

I agree. It just looks so sad with the fence around it. I'm sure it's needed though, and that's just sad. I wish a small sign would suffice.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 am

^ Sadly, a sign would never be enough. They should have modified the design of the train to alleviate the need for the fence.

I rode a 400ft one, and I LOVED it!!

Location: In the least southern part of Georgia culture-wise.

Postby Her0ofLime » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Does anybody have any idea what the layout for Seven Dwarfs is gonna be? If not, I think we should start guessing!
"No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!"- Sonic The Hedgehog
  ▲
▲ ▲ For courage, wisdom, and power, I call upon the guide!
Watch as I work my gypsy magic, eye of a newt and cinnamon. Watch as the matter turns to batter, open the portal, jump in!
[url=http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41995]

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:22 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/new-fantasyland-grand-opening-set-for-december-6-at-magic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

For more than a year now, we’ve shared updates on the New Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom Park and we’re just as excited as you are to experience these magical new attractions for ourselves.

Today we’re thrilled to announce that the grand opening of New Fantasyland will take place on December 6, 2012. Attractions included in this opening are Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Ariel’s Grotto, Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.

Previews of these attractions will begin November 19.

As previously planned, the New Fantasyland expansion will continue with the opening of Princess Fairytale Hall in 2013 and the debut of a new Disney “mountain” in the form of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in 2014.

The Storybook Circus section of the New Fantasyland expansion, which includes Barnstormer – Starring the Great Goofini, the Casey Jr. Splash & Soak Station, and Dumbo the Flying Elephant, opened to guests in July.

How soon will you visit? And which New Fantasyland attraction are you most excited to experience?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/galleries/2012/08/all-in-the-details-meet-the-gang-at-petes-silly-sideshow-in-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Come one, come all to Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom Park!

Many of you have been asking for details on what’s happening in the big-top tents in the Storybook Circus area of New Fantasyland. I’m happy to share that one tent will house Pete’s Silly Sideshow character greetings, a place where guests can meet some of their favorite Disney circus stars who wait to show off their special talents.

Once inside the tent, guests have two options: Join a line that leads to Minnie Magnifique (Minnie Mouse as a circus star) and Madame Daisy Fortuna (Daisy Duck as a fortuneteller), or head to see The Great Goofini (Goofy as a daredevil stunt pilot) and The Astounding Donaldo (Donald Duck as a snake charmer).

In case you were wondering, Mickey Mouse will continue to greet guests in his current location at Town Square Theater on Main Street, U.S.A. And as usual, all entertainment is subject to change.

Which character are you most excited to meet? Tell us in the comments section below!
pss380923.jpg
pss480731.jpg
pss598075.jpg
pss610746.jpg
pss203894-539x465.jpg
pss189034.jpg
ait339058SMALL1-226x465.jpg
ait229058SMALL-226x465.jpg
ait119058SMALL.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:35 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Wes » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I really like the thematic costumes they're giving the characters, especially Donaldo. Looks good, hadn't heard anything about this addition but seems like a fairly impressive addition for what it is.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!