Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby some sort of coaster dude » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm planning on visiting SFOT on a weekday in early August, what is the estimated waiting time of Texas Giant? I'm disappointed the flash pass does not offer the Giant as it looks very good. Does it pull any significant negative G's and what is the best seat on it for airtime if it has any? Thanks very much.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:53 am

some sort of coaster dude wrote:I'm planning on visiting SFOT on a weekday in early August, what is the estimated waiting time of Texas Giant? I'm disappointed the flash pass does not offer the Giant as it looks very good. Does it pull any significant negative G's and what is the best seat on it for airtime if it has any? Thanks very much.

I'm just guessing but I bet you will still have a 30-40 minute wait for Texas Giant. It has become the most popular ride there now. They also have a weird system where they only let so many go up into the station so while your waiting, you will probably see tons of empty seats fly by. I would suggest last row if you want that OMG how am i staying in my seat feel. But honestly it pulls airtime in every seat and lots of it. It's a great ride worth the wait.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 am

some sort of coaster dude wrote:I'm planning on visiting SFOT on a weekday in early August, what is the estimated waiting time of Texas Giant? I'm disappointed the flash pass does not offer the Giant as it looks very good. Does it pull any significant negative G's and what is the best seat on it for airtime if it has any? Thanks very much.

I'd guess that on a weekday in the hottest month, the crowds shouldn't be too bad. You probably won't even need a fastpass, unless you're only going for a short time.

As for Giant, it pulls significant negative Gs on nearly every hill in nearly every seat. Since you get air all over the train, it doesn't matter much where you sit... except that the back seat has a substantial OMGWTF falling-off-the-world feeling on the first drop. It's worth the extra wait for the back seat at least once.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby real_cameron » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Is Six Flags Over Texas crowded on Friday's because I'm planning to go for the first time ever and I want to ride everything!
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305
Hometown Park: Six Flags America
Favorite Park: Kings Dominion

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TxChoice » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 pm

So, those of you asking about NTAG wait. On weekends/Friday afternoons it can get up to 2hours wait at peak times.
Weekdays, like was said is about 45mins give or take.
As far as best seat, definitely the back for the airtime. And usually Nobody wants to sit there!
And also since there's a lot of unfilled seats on each train, pay attention to who's in line at the station because it's very easy to fill one of those empty seats.

La Vibora was a nice idea to move out, but you would not believe the crowds and hour plus waits it still gets. Flashback will most likely be the one I think. The public hates it and says it is very jerky and annoying, and it for that reason seldom has a lime.

To the person going on friday, space your day out. It gets Hot an you will wants Lots of water. Wait times will be the longest for La Vibora, Mr Freeze, and NTAG. Batman and Titan will have lines too, but not as bad as the other three. Shockwave will get pretty crowded if at any point in they day they close rides due to wind. Everything is pretty spread out, so the actual park shouldn't be too crowded, but it just depends. Stay 'til close at ten if you can. Most people leave at around 6-7 unless they are going to stay for the I-luminate show.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Don't miss out on Runaway Mountain (the indoor coaster) and request to sit in the second-to-last row. You'll see.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby narkitty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:07 pm

DBru wrote:Don't miss out on Runaway Mountain (the indoor coaster) and request to sit in the second-to-last row. You'll see.

...you've managed to pique my curiousity. I've been on RM more times than I can count and I never knew that there was a "best" spot. Care to elaborate on what makes it the best?

Coaster Count: 60 (48 Steel, 7 Wood)

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:17 am

From my experience, the "midcourse surprise" is intensified ten-fold in this seat.

I visited SFOT for the first time last month and was blown away by Runaway Mountain. Airtime, strong forces, and a crazy, surprising layout all in complete darkness. I hate to overhype it, but it's probably my second favorite coaster in the park.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby narkitty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 am

Oh, I totally understand. It's definitely one of my favorite coasters. My husband likes to make fun of me because he says it's a "kiddie ride". I think it's awesome, though! I'm going to the park next week, so I'm going to try sitting where you suggested.

Coaster Count: 60 (48 Steel, 7 Wood)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 am

Well, look what SFOT just put on their Facebook page...
We are saying good-bye to Flashback and Texas Chute Out! Be sure to get your last ride in before September 3! http://bit.ly/MeAqhs

And their website:

August 2, 2012
A Pair of Popular Six Flags Over Texas Rides Are Going Away
Last chance to ride Texas Chute Out and Flashback

Six Flags Over Texas is inviting guests to join in and say farewell to Texas Chute Out and Flashback over the Labor Day weekend.

Texas Chute Out opened at the park in 1976 and was modeled after the old parachute drop at Coney Island. More than 29 million riders have travelled up and down the ride’s 200-foot structure. One of the most popular modes of travel on this ride was the basket, which allowed guests to stand in a basket to take in the picturesque skyline. The baskets were removed in 1994 and replaced with the standard chairs. This iconic attraction has been a long time favorite of guests young and old since its opening.

Its neighboring ride, Flashback, opened in 1989. The boomerang-styled coaster was one of the first built in the United States. The corkscrew spiraled layout flips riders upside down a total of six times—three times forward and three times backwards at speeds up to 50 mph. It has thrilled over 17 million park-goers for more than three decades.

Labor Day weekend, park guests are invited to come out and enjoy these rides one last time and join in for the final farewell on Monday, September 3. For more information on Texas Chute and Flashback, visit sixflags.com/overtexas.

Six Flags over Texas website

Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:25 am.
Reason: Added the info from park's website

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!