TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Etnaland, (Italy) to get Mack Mega Lite Coaster

This really looks like fun! It is certainly no Intamin, though,even though it looks exactly like an Intamin.

All I can say, though is poor Intamin! They came up with the wing rider first, only for B&M to come up with it later, and sell more. Now, they have the launch coasters and mega-lites, of which I believe Mack is ripping off.

One thing I have noticed is how companies with noteriety for being unreliable tend to be the more innovative companies, like Vekoma and Intamin, while reliable companies tend to wait for other companies to come up with ideas, only to just build on them? However, since this is the way engineering improves, I guess there isn't anything too negative about this. Yet, I do believe this is something that should be considered.

Maybe is as simple as pricing or a whole host of other varibles.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mack seem to have a lot of these launched and/or mega coasters on the cards. Blue Fire, Manta and Storm already built - and a new one coming to Nigloland (TBC) in a year or two, and one for the Winter Olympic Park in Russia.

It's like Blue Fire came around, and only two-three years later are other parks finally buying in!

I love the placement of the inversion! It really took me by surprise while watching, and I'd imagine the GP will have no idea it's coming. I can't wait to see a trip report from this park.

I agree, the Blue Fire-esque inversion at the end has me wetting my pants a little bit. Love the way that makes you feel and has everyone screaming.

• 2 months later...

a video (english subtitled) interview from the park with pics of the new attractions (it`s seems to get a lot more stuff, like a disc-o-coaster, kiddie coaster, topspin and more... so it`s really nearly a new park ):

• 1 month later...

Wow that's pretty! To be honest, even after Bluefire and Helix, I still wasn't quite sure about the whole MACK megacoaster -thing. But now seeing this it made me realize that MACK has a hit in their hands. And if the trains and track continue to stay as comfortable and awesome as Bluefire (according to everyone who has ridden it) I could see a great future for this new type of coasters.

• 4 months later...

Here's the link on Parksmania.it with some really cool youtube footage by peppe2994: shot on the opening day there are videos of the entire park seen from their sky ride, the storm off-ride and their cool dark ride the school, hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a link, enjoy... http://www.parksmaniaclub.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3238&start=1410r