TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

If they gave you one of those cinnamon rolls while on this coaster, it would be the greatest rider ever built in the history of history.

dt

I'm imagining employees standing on the break run at the end, with fresh baked cinnamon rolls, handing them out to you as you roll into the station... and I like the idea. I like it very much.

Hi guys, I am new here, though I have been browsing for while.

Can someone explain to me what a roll down is? I think I need a rollercoster terminology handbook so I can understand some of the things you guys talk about!

^A "roll", singular, is typically where the track goes from standard position to upside down while traveling in a fairly straight line. Barrel rolls are like this: http://rcdb.com/1412.htm?p=6546 and zero-g rolls are like this: http://rcdb.com/80.htm?p=1320

Cobra rolls kind of break the terminology there... but what are you going to do, we're bad at keeping standards

It sounds like this supposed roll in the valley is a zero-g roll, but I'll hold my breath until the announcement or photos are posted. With all the surprises this coaster has thrown, who knows what's really been spotted or what the track is actually going to do.

If they gave you one of those cinnamon rolls while on this coaster, it would be the greatest rider ever built in the history of history.

dt

It could be like the Carousels that have the rings you have to grab! That really would be amazing.

And within 30 minutes, the site is now password protected...The double barrel roll was the final element just before turning in to the brakes/station, and there looked to be a few decent airtime moments and two big overbanks throughout the rest of the ride!

I'm not sure what the rules would be on posting that...so I sent the picture to someone who might! Considering that site is now password protected, and even though I have no connection/insider information with SDC, I would just feel kinda guilty posting it since the announcement is only 10 days away.

I believe they said the top speed was 68 mph, and it looks like it will haul through most of the course; a fairly short, but sweet (looking) ride, kinda like Wildfire!

Wow, seeing as I'm still considering guys inverted camel toe as an inversion, that means this woodie has 3 inversions?!? I Can't even begin to imagine what this will be like? It doesnt even seem possible.

I'm not sure what the rules would be on posting that...so I sent the picture to someone who might! Considering that site is now password protected, and even though I have no connection/insider information with SDC, I would just feel kinda guilty posting it since the announcement is only 10 days away.

I believe they said the top speed was 68 mph, and it looks like it will haul through most of the course; a fairly short, but sweet (looking) ride, kinda like Wildfire!

Considering that the announcement is ten days away, I have a feeling this leak was probably intentional. If you think about it...look how much attention it has already gotten! Stuff doesn't just "leak" out much, but who knows...