Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 am

^Definitely. Parks usually have multi-year plans of some kind. That being said, a good dark ride is exactly what Movie World needs.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:07 am

^^ Good point, I just find it funny they've all opened within a year of TPR's trip here.

More info released:

Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D will be a Sally Corporation Interactive Shooting Dark Ride and will cost in excess of $9 million. Riders will board a transportation pod where they will be given a laser blaster and a pair of 3D glasses. The ride will involve them using their laser blaster to shoot at 250 evil alien spores. Riders earn points for shooting the aliens with scores shown on a leaderboard at the completion of the ride. The 20 themed cars will be guided along a 200-metre (660 ft) track. Eight 3D screens and 16 animatronic characters will complete the ride. Characters such as Batman and Superman will be involved in the attraction.

Sounds awesome, and I'm very happy that it is being manufactured by Sally Corp.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Sally Corporation has sent us a press release regarding their latest project, Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D, coming to Warner Bros. Movie World in September!

Sally Corporation's new, action-packed interactive dark ride, Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D, set to open in September at Warner Bros. Movie World, on Australia's Gold Coast, will bring the world's most famous super heroes to life...battling alongside park guests in an epic fight to defeat one of the most feared villains in the DC Universe.

Created in cooperation with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, this dynamic adventure features Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Supergirl in a fight to save Earth from destruction. They are aided by the amazing Cyborg who recruits guests for the volunteer force and demonstrates how to defeat the alien spores that are attacking citizens in cities throughout the world.

Featuring a mix of state-of-the-art animatronics and 3D video technology, together with numerous special effects, the five minute ride incorporates eight huge 3D screens, twenty custom vehicles equipped with special laser optical blasters, a dramatic custom musical score, numerous animatronic citizens whom riders must fight to save from the alien spores' evil mind control, and culminates in a dramatic struggle between Superman and the evil villain, in which riders play a decisive role.

The exterior of the 2,000 square meter building is themed as the Hall of Justice. As they enter, visitors are immediately immersed in the story of the alien attack via a "live" newscast anchored by Vicki Vale, who urges viewers to take shelter at Justice League embassies worldwide, and to help defend Earth against the alien threat.

Passing through a high-tech scanning device into the pre-show area, guests discover the impressive animatronic Cyborg in his test lab, and Batman beaming in from the Justice League Watchtower Command Center, in orbit around the Earth. Once aboard their custom tactical assault vehicles, riders are teleported into the dark streets of Gotham City and join the Justice League in an epic battle. Scores are recorded on in-car consoles.

"Our goal was to create a ride based on the Justice League heroes that could be a fun and exciting experience not only for hardcore fans of the franchise, but also those not so familiar with the characters," says Sally Corporation CEO John Wood. "There's a lot of action and interaction throughout the ride, and you're immersed in the experience. There are full-scale three-dimensional sets, scenery, animatronics and special effects throughout, and blended into the city streets and spaceship interiors are high-definition CGI animated sets and characters...allowing us to take the action to new heights."

Tim Fisher, chief executive officer of Village Roadshow Theme Parks, owner of Warner Bros. Movie World, says, "Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D is the perfect fit for this park as it combines the hugely popular DC Entertainment Justice League franchise with a ride jam-packed with action and 3D thrills the whole family will love."

To create this one-of-a-kind dark ride, Sally Corporation pulled together an experienced team including Threshold Animation Studios, Alterface, Techni-Lux, RealD, Bose, Bertazzon, MSI Design, Inc. and Sculpt Studios (Australia), among others.
JL_Logo Approved.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 pm

This sounds very cool, but why hasn't another dark ride like Hershey's Extreme Cup Challenge (a dark shooting ride with spinning and roller coaster-like track) been built?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 pm

DBru wrote:This sounds very cool, but why hasn't another dark ride like Hershey's Extreme Cup Challenge (a dark shooting ride with spinning and roller coaster-like track) been built?

Because no one ordered one. ;)
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 pm

^Or because Extreme Cup Challenge is, um, not good?

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Postby DBru » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:19 pm

^^Touche. ;-)

The storyline may not be the best, but the "ride" is definitely the most exciting of the shoot-em-ups that I've done, followed by Men in Black.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:26 pm

^Then you clearly haven't been on a lot of shooting dark rides... I can think of at least ten offhand that are more thrilling than the Hershey's Extreme Cup Challenge... Eleven if you count ducking under a blanket and making laser sounds on your own. :lmao:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby DBru » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:33 pm

^But I have. :?r If you're going to tell me you can think of ten offhand, at least name me three. Ha

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 am

Toy Story Midway Mania is about eighty-four times better than Reese's. Buzz Lightyear is much better even though I suck at it. Heck, Scooby Doo at Kings Dominion is a better ride, and that one isn't even very good. I'm pretty sure those are the only other three I've even been on, and they're all leaps above Reese's.

jedimaster1227 wrote:Eleven if you count ducking under a blanket and making laser sounds on your own. :lmao:

Yeah this sounds about right.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!