Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:24 am

I know this has probably been ask here before but I never been up to the park in October. I am thinking about taking my friend who has never been to the park up there in October. My question is are all the coasters and most of the flats open? He wants to ride all coasters and many of the flats.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterRollin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 am

^ I was up there with a friend last October and all the coasters were running. We didn't do many flats, but I don't remember seeing anything noteworthy closed. So the answer to your question is YES!

I would recommend going sometime before Halloween and/or buying a Flash Pass.
QueerRudie wrote:In the name of the Lord, Our Saviour, Anton Schwarzkopf... Amen.

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 am

^ Thank you. Yea, we would buy a flash definitely cause we would want to do the haunted attractions too.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah the park can get insanely crowded in October. I remember last year it was mentioned on at least 1 Saturday, the main lot, overflow lot, Hurricane Harbor lot were all full with cars also parking on the grass.

I usually go on Friday nights which arent too crowded especially compared to Saturday or Sunday. Columbus Day is also good since many schools don't have off that day.

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:09 pm

^ Thank you!

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:19 pm

(7/24/12) The latest word on the proposed 400+ ft drop tower ride that would be mounted to backside of Kingda Ka is that they are still very interested in the concept, especially after the popular response Six Flags has been getting for Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Look for this to possible rise up for the 2014 season.

“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm

I've always known SFGADV as a park with a great selection of flats and coasters, a drop tower ride would make the variety even better. I think they have been due for a modern age drop tower for some time now, would love to see the Golden Kingdom expanded to include this rumored project. Imagine the views of the safari animals as you climb to the summit. :)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor has sent us a press release regarding the opening of their latest addition, King Cobra!

King Cobra, America’s first cobra-themed, racing tube slide, today bares its venomous fangs at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.

King Cobra promises one of the most extreme riding experiences in the industry while also delivering great spectator appeal. Complete with bold red, black and white scales to resemble a massive cobra on both the interior and exterior, this slide tower is the first of its kind anywhere in the United States, and its opening is presented by Kia Motors.

King Cobra’s unique configuration enables two tubes to race through a circular path with twists, turns and surprises through enclosed and open sections of the slide at speeds up to 32 miles per hour. The ride’s finale features a sudden, 25-foot plunge at a 50-degree angle with riders racing until the heart-pounding finish as they appear to be swallowed by the massive jaws of the cobra.

King Cobra is manufactured by Polin, a world leader in the aquatic industry with its innovative design, manufacturing and installation of water parks in 80 countries around the globe. King Cobra marks Polin’s first major U.S. installation in the company’s 35-year history.

“We are confident that King Cobra’s intense ride experience and unparalleled design will make it our most popular and entertaining water attraction,” said Park President John Fitzgerald.

The serpentine water slide is the fourth of five new rides to open at the Jackson, New Jersey complex this season. The Six Flags Great Adventure theme park launched SkyScreamer, a 24-story extreme swing ride; Déjà Vu, a music-themed scrambler; and the Air Jumbo flying elephants in the newly-themed Adventure Alley. Later this summer, new Fender Benders bumper cars will complete the additions.

“Our five new rides are perfect for families, which is exactly what guests were asking for as a complement to our signature collection of thrill rides,” Fitzgerald added.

For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Six-Flags-Hurricane-Harbor-King-Cobra-NJ1-original.jpg
57089-King-Cobra-wide-v2-original.jpg
57089-KingCobraNJ2-original.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:21 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby theonetheonlyJT » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:06 pm

^ Great paint scheme and theme looks great.

As for the drop tower rumor it would be great if they built something like we said in the crazy idea thread with audio and a tunnel dropped into. ;)
Signature, I don't need no stinking signature!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!