TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

From Screamscape -

I’m hearing that Six Flags over Texas will not get a Sky Screamer in 2013. Another project has been green lit for the park… and while I don’t have the details, I’ve heard that it may disappoint many of you. Oh… and speaking of disappointment… I’ve also heard a rumor that Six Flags may be planning on removing a coaster at the end of the season, which will be sent to another park in the chain. I’m trying to dig up info on which one.

Link

^Somehow La Vibora almost strikes me as too dated to bother sending anywhere else. Maybe because Disaster Transport is on its way out, and the one at The Great Escape might be, too. Fun ride, though.

Pandemonium is an easy guess, but who still needs one these days?

^Somehow La Vibora almost strikes me as too dated to bother sending anywhere else. Maybe because Disaster Transport is on its way out, and the one at The Great Escape might be, too. Fun ride, though.

Pandemonium is an easy guess, but who still needs one these days?

I don't think the one at Great Escape will be moving soon. It seems to be in shape, unlike its other relatives.

And I never though about Pandemonium, that might be going, too.

And next years addition.. Thomas Town. I'm called it.

Even though they no longer hold the rights to Thomas the Tank Engine?

As for a ride removal/move...La Vibora, Pandemonium, and FlashBack are the only coasters that could feasibly be (re)moved. But what park (save SFA) needs any of those?

And next years addition.. Thomas Town. I'm called it.

Even though they no longer hold the rights to Thomas the Tank Engine?

As for a ride removal/move...La Vibora, Pandemonium, and FlashBack are the only coasters that could feasibly be (re)moved. But what park (save SFA) needs any of those?

SFOG doesn't have a Boomerang, Spinning, or Bobsled coaster. I doubt that's where any of those would go however.

does anyone else think six flags over texas needs a new wooden coaster?I mean the texas giant was there only big woodie and it is now a hybrid(not a wooden coaster)and judge roy scream is there only woodie left and it is short and not big.

I think if you ask the public 99% of them will still say Giant is a wooden coaster. If they were to add another wooden coaster, I'm sure they would all say, but they just (re)built a wooden coaster.

I'm planning on visiting SFOT on a weekday in early August, what is the estimated waiting time of Texas Giant? I'm disappointed the flash pass does not offer the Giant as it looks very good. Does it pull any significant negative G's and what is the best seat on it for airtime if it has any? Thanks very much.

I'm just guessing but I bet you will still have a 30-40 minute wait for Texas Giant. It has become the most popular ride there now. They also have a weird system where they only let so many go up into the station so while your waiting, you will probably see tons of empty seats fly by. I would suggest last row if you want that OMG how am i staying in my seat feel. But honestly it pulls airtime in every seat and lots of it. It's a great ride worth the wait.

I'm planning on visiting SFOT on a weekday in early August, what is the estimated waiting time of Texas Giant? I'm disappointed the flash pass does not offer the Giant as it looks very good. Does it pull any significant negative G's and what is the best seat on it for airtime if it has any? Thanks very much.

I'd guess that on a weekday in the hottest month, the crowds shouldn't be too bad. You probably won't even need a fastpass, unless you're only going for a short time.

As for Giant, it pulls significant negative Gs on nearly every hill in nearly every seat. Since you get air all over the train, it doesn't matter much where you sit... except that the back seat has a substantial OMGWTF falling-off-the-world feeling on the first drop. It's worth the extra wait for the back seat at least once.

So, those of you asking about NTG wait. On weekends/Friday afternoons it can get up to 2hours wait at peak times.

Weekdays, like was said is about 45mins give or take.

As far as best seat, definitely the back for the airtime. And usually Nobody wants to sit there!

And also since there's a lot of unfilled seats on each train, pay attention to who's in line at the station because it's very easy to fill one of those empty seats.

La Vibora was a nice idea to move out, but you would not believe the crowds and hour plus waits it still gets. Flashback will most likely be the one I think. The public hates it and says it is very jerky and annoying, and it for that reason seldom has a lime.

To the person going on friday, space your day out. It gets Hot an you will wants Lots of water. Wait times will be the longest for La Vibora, Mr Freeze, and NTG. Batman and Titan will have lines too, but not as bad as the other three. Shockwave will get pretty crowded if at any point in they day they close rides due to wind. Everything is pretty spread out, so the actual park shouldn't be too crowded, but it just depends. Stay 'til close at ten if you can. Most people leave at around 6-7 unless they are going to stay for the I-luminate show.

Don't miss out on Runaway Mountain (the indoor coaster) and request to sit in the second-to-last row. You'll see.

...you've managed to pique my curiousity. I've been on RM more times than I can count and I never knew that there was a "best" spot. Care to elaborate on what makes it the best?

From my experience, the "midcourse surprise" is intensified ten-fold in this seat.

I visited SFOT for the first time last month and was blown away by Runaway Mountain. Airtime, strong forces, and a crazy, surprising layout all in complete darkness. I hate to overhype it, but it's probably my second favorite coaster in the park.

Oh, I totally understand. It's definitely one of my favorite coasters. My husband likes to make fun of me because he says it's a "kiddie ride". I think it's awesome, though! I'm going to the park next week, so I'm going to try sitting where you suggested.