Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: jynx242 and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby bull24471 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Actually I just do about 5 good deeps inhales as I get to the top of the first hill. Learned my lesson first time I rode 305 and I did grey out. Since then doing those deep inhales was the trick for me...

Bull This fat boy can ride I305 .... :lol:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Well Ive been working on this for the past 2 hours, I know it isn't the best.
I305 drawing.jpg
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Just got back from KD for the first time in 8 years. What an amazing experience. I305 blew me away. First ride was in the back and it was great! After that we did the front and that was just insane...although I did have a "grey/black out" from the turn to the top of the hill. Still an amazing ride.

The rest of the park was fantastic and best of all it was dead! Everything was a walk on, including Volcano and I305. I was very impressed by Dominator and I had a lot of fun on Stunt coaster (Italian job). The water park was a blast as well. As you can tell I'm in a great mood because I had a great day. So glad I305 lived up to the hype for me! I can't wait to go back.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 am

Awesome!

I forget when I went to KD...Hypersonic XLC was still pretty new I remember.

I'm stoked to be going and finally riding this beast known as I305.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Has anyone ever been to "kings dominion golden years" facebook page? That place is awesome and full of retro photos all the way back to the beginning when it was being built! Definitely worth a look.......
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm

eddie200330 wrote:Has anyone ever been to "kings dominion golden years" facebook page? That place is awesome and full of retro photos all the way back to the beginning when it was being built! Definitely worth a look.......

Yeah...some of the photo's are being provided courtesy of the park's official FB page...I'd love to see more construction shots of the park such as OVA. & I-street,not to mention HB land.

KD's offical page is having what they've dubbed "throwback thursday" photo's....I'm amazed that they even have many of these shots still on file somewhere & are able to share them with us.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby mhuffva » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:28 am

KD has given a little sneak peak on their Facebook page of one of the 2 new mazes for Halloween Haunt 2012. It appears to have a hotel theme and is located within one of the Action theaters. Someone stated on KD's face book page that Dorney Park had a similar maze in 2011. Should be an interesting Halloween season.

link-http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150914556991875&set=a.180141141874.131348.32237381874&type=1&relevant_count=1

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 am

Kings Dominion's Facebook wrote:It's Friday the 13th and we are kicking off our "Frightening Friday" posts. Halloween Haunt starts in only 76 days. Here's a look at one of our new Haunt attractions for 2012.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kingsdominionva

Haunt2012MazeLayout.jpg

For those of you not too familiar with Kings Dominion, the maze will take up the left side of the Action Theater, go out of the theater down the exit hallway, and into the arcade in the building. There is still a path leading down that hallway and arcade room for those leaving the right side of the Action Theater, so I guess it is safe to assume that Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D will still be in there for Haunt XII (unless they dig Elvira's Superstition back out).

I really like the "haunted hotel" theme for this location! The Action Theater is a large building (like a hotel) and located off of International Street which has a "travel" theme to it. I can't wait to find out the name of the maze!

This will be a whole new twist for Kings Dominion's Haunt XII, and I'm very excited for it!

"All You Fear is Here!"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:08 pm

^I'm just wondering what's on tap for 2013 as far as new rides/attractions.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:10 pm

^ I wouldn't expect that news to come out until after all the Halloween Haunt XII information is released.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!