Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby chargersmichael » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:28 am

Is HOS going back to 8 houses this year? Has anyone heard anything about that?
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Today Robb and I had the chance to attend a special media event promoting the upcoming launch of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay's first annual Christmas Town extra-ticket event. Derived from the popular event started a few years ago at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, this new holiday option will feature special entertainment, shopping, dining, and decor that will transform the park into a winter wonderland on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights running from November 30th to December 23rd, 2012. General admission for guests is $39.99 on the night of the event (with a $10 discount for advance purchase and an additional $5 off for pass members).

Let's dive into some photos while we explain what Christmas Town is really all about...
Axcq5mwCQAI45At.jpg-large.jpg
This is what we're here for!
DSC04189.JPG
Ushered in through the Nairobi Gate, we were led to the Moroccan Palace Theatre for the presentation.
AxcrpXYCEAADZZd.jpg-large.jpg
Along the way, we were stopped by a caravan serving hot chocolate-flavored iced coffee... I don't even like coffee, but this stuff was GOOD!
DSC04198.JPG
At the start of the presentation Park President Jim Dean opened to officially announce the arrival of Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay!
DSC04199.JPG
The projector-friendly stage from Iceploration served as a canvas to help paint the images of what Christmas Town will look like when it debuts this November.
DSC04206.JPG
This wasn't your standard presentation. Entertainment helped set the mood along the way.
DSC04211.JPG
Concept art gave us a good idea of what existing park structures will look like when the event begins.
DSC04213.JPG
The main entrance along with much of the park will take on a festive feel adorned with colorful lights and holiday music.
DSC04214.JPG
The iconic fountain across from the Moroccan Palace Theatre isn't being forgotten for this event.
DSC04215.JPG
Christmas on Ice, a new ice skating show developed specifically for this event will debut, produced by the same people behind Iceploration.
DSC04216.JPG
DSC04217.JPG
The Crossroads (the realm surrounding Cheetah Hunt) will receive some holiday touches.
DSC04218.JPG
Now Cheetah Hunt will jump a Christmas tree!
DSC04219.JPG
The Crown Colony House will be covered in thousands of lights for the Carol of the Bells light show, as the lights will dance to various holiday tunes throughout the night.
DSC04221.JPG
It looks like much of the park will receive additional lighting to help set the mood.
DSC04222.JPG
It wouldn't be a Christmas event without a nativity scene!
DSC04227.JPG
Speaking of a nativity scene...
DSC04230.JPG
Christmas Town will feature a play area with real snow banks (prime for snowball fights) and will have roaming snow men also present.
DSC04231.JPG
Speaking of which...
DSC04234.JPG
If this is that awesome pumpkin cheesecake from Howl-O-Scream... *drools*
DSC04235.JPG
Poinsettia Parkway will feature some very unique Christmas trees along with some holiday treats.
DSC04236.JPG
Jingle Bell Junction will feature the Jingle Bell Express, a small train ride catering to the younger guests.
DSC04238.JPG
The Christmas Town Express (the park's regular train ride) will be lit at night and will feature a sing along on rails for guests to enjoy.
DSC04241.JPG
Jimmy Osmond's Christmas Jukebox show features him and his family singing Christmas songs and sharing holiday memories each night at Christmas Town.
DSC04242.JPG
Busch Gardens will join with Jimmy Osmond in supporting the Children's Miracle Network by making a donation to children in need in Tampa.
DSC04243.JPG
Christian rock band Jars of Clay will close the evenings with an exclusive concert each night in Gwazi Park.
DSC04245.JPG
You know the penguins from SeaWorld Orlando's Penguin Encounter had to go somewhere, right?
DSC04250.JPG
"I'll be seeing you in November. Bring fish."
DSC04251.JPG
Christmas Town wouldn't be complete without a visit to Santa Claus' house.
DSC04252.JPG
DSC04253.JPG
DSC04254.JPG
And of course, you'll get to see Santa himself!
DSC04255.JPG
Time to unwrap one last performance!
DSC04259.JPG
DSC04264.JPG
What's going on?
AxcwR7RCAAIxhqR.jpg-large.jpg
They made it snow!
DSC04265.JPG
Based on everything we saw here, I'm very excited to check out Christmas Town later this year!
DSC04271.JPG
Five Wise Men?
DSC04272.JPG
It looks like the Christmas Town caravan has one more surprise for us...
DSC04275.JPG
Christmas fudge!
DSC04294.JPG
Over in Timbuktu, the park has opened the Christmas Town Preview Center to let guests know about this new event.
DSC04298.JPG
I'm already looking forward to it. You should too!
DSC04299.JPG
Oh yeah, the still sell Coca-Cola products here too! Christmas truly has come early!
DSC04304.JPG
50 tons of real snow!
DSC04306.JPG
Busch Gardens is taking creative liberties with the Florida flamingos.
DSC04308.JPG
Even the Sesame Street characters will have a place to celebrate in Christmas Town!
DSC04315.JPG
Christmas Town prices as set as seen here. That being said, Pass Members may currently buy their tickets for $10 per person (one per pass member) between July 10th and July 17th while visiting the Christmas Town Preview Center.
DSC04318.JPG
Park President Jim Dean is just as excited as we are to experience Christmas Town later this year at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay!

See you there this November!
DSC04276.JPG
In other news, a new Quick Queue automated kiosk has appeared near the entrance to Cheetah Hunt.
DSC04277.JPG
Guests (and pass members) can buy Quick Queue or the All Day Dining Deal from this kiosk, bypassing the normal guest relations line to purchase them inside of the park.
DSC04282.JPG
TPR likes turtles.
DSC04284.JPG
TPR Turtle Fancy FULFILLED!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:27 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 pm

The seasonal events have gotten REALLY good at SeaWorld parks over the past couple of years and this looks like one of the best yet! Can't wait to get down there and check it out.

Like some others have mentioned earlier, I preferred HOS last year to Horror Nights (and in 2010). I've been to HOS the past 4 years and it has progressively gotten better every year, Can't wait to see what they have in store this year! Death Row Vengeance was a really good house the first couple of year but it has run it's course and something fresh will be a welcome addition. As long as there are night rides available on Kumba it will be the best Halloween event in Florida for me !

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:06 pm

The cold and the snow of christmas are starting too look good here in the 110 degree heat. Looks like a nice event.

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:52 pm

This looks awesome! I love the idea of having 50 tons of real snow to make snow forts and throw snowballs at helpless litle kids.

On a side note...damn Robb, you are looking sexy!

Jimmy "I eat yellow snow" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Adding the real snow is a great idea for Tampa. I'm curious to see how Tampa's Christamas Town compares to Williamsburg's.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby forces » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 am

I personally think this is a great idea for BGT to do (heck for the 50 tons of snow alone!!!)
I don't "do" Christmas (bah hum bug) but go to BGW every year for their Christmastown just because the lights and the changes from the original are interesting to see.

Thumbs up on the quick queue kiosk as well!!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:51 am

But... I thought there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime.

Do they know it's Christmastime at all?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:58 pm

This does look like it will be very "cool," and if it's half as good as BGTampa's Halloween offerings, it's going to be insanely awesome.

So Jimmy Osmond has a painting of himself in a closet that's aging, I guess...
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

New Howl-O-Scream Haunted Houses and Scarezone 2012!

Postby chargersmichael » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm

According to Howl-O-Scream's FB Page...a new haunted house named Blood Asylum is on its way! Another one will be themed to a circus and will be in 3D!!! Also, they will bring back some old haunts in their new scarezone, Faded Memories. Looks like there might not be roaming hordes everywhere this year. Also on their FB Page, Nightshade, Nevermore, Alone, and Vampire Ultimate Gamble are coming back with a twist. There will only be two new houses this year also. Now we await the shows and the scarezones.

NEW HOUSE #2! "Circus of Superstition 3-D" Here's what I know: You’ve been taught to avoid black cats and sidewalk cracks your whole life, but all those years of bad luck have caught up with you. Crazed circus clowns challenge you to survive thirteen superstitions in their 3-D Tent of Terror, but it will take more than luck to escape this whole new dimension of fear.

You asked for it, YOU GOT IT! HOS 2012 will once again feature an insane asylum house... BLOOD ASYLUM! From the official BG files: "As lightning rages and thunder crashes outside, 'The Creature' escapes from his holding cell in a high-security asylum for the criminally insane. Now this sadistic deviant is running rampant, skinning his former cellmates and turning the mental hospital into his own torture chamber. This serial killer’s bloody playground will drive you out of your mind with fear."

Last tidbit of the day: A bunch of people have been asking if HOS was going to bring back anything from the past to celebrate big number 13, and the answer is YES! "Faded Memories" will be a new scare zone featuring signature set pieces and props from the classic houses of HOS's 13-year history, providing the ideal scare situation for some of your favorite HOS characters ever!
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!