TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

I will say I have been surprised somewhat at how things have gone this year. Sure there are plenty of people that are upset, but the crowds have been decent so far, IMO.

Yeah, the water park has always been crowded..so that's no big surprise but they never bothered to add anything new to the dry park and what they did have they let get run down and broken with the exception of buzz saw falls wich they only had for half a season they really need to reconsider selling it and find away to make it more accessable and improve the rapids ride instead of just pretending they are not there..any body with common sense should see that those are worth keeping especially if the focus now is only water rides

...buzz saw falls wich they only had for half a season they really need to reconsider selling it and find away to make it more accessable and improve the rapids ride instead of just pretending they are not there..any body with common sense should see that those are worth keeping especially if the focus now is only water rides

HA HA HA!!!!! Alabama Adventures and Common sense. Has that ever existed?

The problem with opening Buzzsaw/Gorge is they are so far away from all of the waterpark attractions. Plus I have always hated everything about Wild River Gorge so I actually enjoy seeing it closed

Yeah, I know WRG sucked but you would think they would want to take advantage of it maybe spruce it up with some themeing or redesign it so you actually get wet.since they will be saving money on closing the dry side. I still don't understand what they plan on doing with all the extra land and buildings that aren't being used, seems kinda dumb to let that stuff just rott away.

They really are gonna have to add more exciting rides to bring back loyal customers the new things being Added are retarded and look like law suites waiting to happen..do they really think adding a wet jungle gym and Zip line are gonna take the place of the rampage? I really hope they have something better in store.

WRG shouldn't open again just based on how it operates. Bulldoze it and pretend it never happened.

I am really interested in how that new water ropes course operates. They use the exact same harnesses and equipment that I have used before and it was strictly stated that the harnesses should not be used in rain or wet conditions and they should never be soaked.

• 2 weeks later...

According to their Facebook page, they are making Zipline free.

Of course, I chimed in at was a stupid idea that was (not those exact words) because they don't know what their bottom line for the season is on it yet, since it's new.

I recently went to the park (June 30). I was able to see their new Zip Line and water maze. The water maze looked like it would be a lot of fun. Lots of water can be sent in many places to get you wet, and there is even two water guns on a viewing platform above the maze so viewers can squirt water at people in the maze.

IMG_2264.thumb.jpg.9728de1f999384004493c68626b43b6e.jpgIMG_2267.JPG.9b9e9234f3a92dec422dc8cbd7467fad.JPGIMG_2269.JPG.65f81d099d98d47015b6b5dbd80ca346.JPG

I didn't get to try it. I only had 3 hours in the water park and I used up all that time photographing the park for a website I own.

As for the zipline:

IMG_2276.JPG.9feb5121c93cb0854fed772638e3f985.JPG

I don't know what the price was originally, but I don't know if I'd want to pay a certain fee to do this either. No offence, just my opinion.

Edit: Just read through a few pages back and noticed that you people are looking for a trip report. If you can give me time, I can write one up of my visit on June 30th. It'll include the POV's I shot of the slides, which I received full written permission from management to so.

These comparisons are going completely over my head... it was clever when it was used a few pages back, but I think you can stop now.

Also keep in mind the photo was taken at an angle that makes it seem shorter than it really is (still, the line isn't very long). The thing about the zipline is it's location. It's the furthest attraction from the water park, and the first ride when you enter the park. And when I did enter the park, I missed it completely due to it being behind those buildings.

^ And then the waterpark closes and they go from atleast something to nothing. Great idea.

Then they realize the fault of closing the coasters.

Seems to me that if the amusement park section had done more to draw guests, it would still be in operation.

The zipline just looks terrible. It looks like it is two feet long! That is some exciting zipline. I give them props on the water maze, which does look pretty cool. But the zipline doesn't fit in, it just doesn't look nice.