Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby simon8899 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 am

I may hit the "South-of-NYC" parks in 2015 - maybe they've Flying Turns running by then.... ;)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 am

^^ Thank you Josh. I discovered that the Holiday Inn Express has slightly lower rates currently than the Hampton Inn in Danville, and it seems to have more in the way of amenities too. So, I've made my reservation for the nights of August 7 and August 8. :)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 am

I stayed at that Holiday Inn Express last year. It was quite pleasant; clean, quiet, friendly. Definitely wouldn't hesitate to give it my recommendation.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Mon May 07, 2012 10:44 am

I'm planning to visit Knoebels in the first of June (Regardless if the Flying Turns or Lying Turds are running or not) and I will finally be able to ride Black Diamond (I couldn't ride it last year since they were still building it, so I rode many times through their Haunted Mansion in protest! :Pr ). Nice to hear that there was no ride removal due to last year's flood ( Seeing what it did to poor ole Smokey made me :cry: ), plus I shouldn't be able to tell whether or not there was a flood there in the first place due to the massive cleanup.

One last thing to say to Knoebles: keep that park running 'tilI get there, 'cos I'm gonna ride everything! ;)

:pillow: "Hey, I'm been keeping the bed warm and do you show up when you're suppose to? NOoooOO!"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:27 pm

In this episode of Flying Turns: The Saga, the transfer track has been removed. At least it's progress but whether if it's good or bad, it's hard to tell.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:43 pm

At least they're doing some work and not just letting it sit around.

It does seem kind of like an ill omen that the entire transfer area is gone, but all the footers are still there and it's still shaded under a roof, so I'm not losing hope. Initiate super-blue-sky-thinking mode!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:57 pm

-starting rumors- So I wonder if a new transfer track means new trains? :p
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:11 am

^Upon hearing the news and seeing the updated construction (or more like deconstruction) video, the first thing that popped into my head was "Methinks they are planning to get new and improved trains for The Flying Turns". And I do hope that is the reason for the missing transfer track because I felt that having a longer train for the Flying Turns would fit this coaster better without any worries nor fear of the coaster train jack-knifing somewhere on the track. Perhaps they looked at Kings Dominion's Avalanche and saw how that coaster is still up and running since 1988 and the reason is because the long trains.

That's my take on the subject and I hope that this is a sign that improvements are on the way and finally :x "About Doggone Time!!!" they will open this ride.

:pillow: "Hey, I'm always open, so why don't you ride me?"

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

But once they get rid of the single cars, it's really just another bobsled coaster? The whole point of the project was to bring back an old ride.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't know where you got the idea that it was ever going to have single cars, it was always going to be trains.

But like you, I'm hoping it doesn't get slowed down so much that it sucks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!