Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Kings Dominion has sent us a press release regarding their returning Kingsfest Christian music concert series.

Kings Dominion, the Mid-Atlantic’s premier amusement park, welcomes the return of Kingsfest, the hottest summer Christian music concert series, beginning today, Thursday, June 28th and continuing until Saturday, June 30th.

Kingsfest features some of the best in Contemporary Christian music including Needtobreathe, Casting Crowns, Skillet, Owl City, RED, TobyMac and more. In all, 24 bands will perform at Kingswood Amphitheater. Former Kingsfest performer KJ-52 will be emceeing the three-day long Kingsfest event. A full listing of all the acts scheduled for Kingsfest can be found at http://www.kingsdominion.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Kingsfest-2012.

Tickets are still available for Kingsfest through www.ticketmaster.com. Discounted tickets are available for those individuals with Kings Dominion season passes. For groups of 15 people or more, please contact Kings Dominion directly at (804) 876-5561.

Media interested in covering Kingsfest at Kings Dominion should contact Gene Petriello at (804) 876-5153 or at gene.petriello@kingsdominion.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby imawesome1124 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I really wish I could go to this. I love Christian rock and will kill to see some of these bands in concert.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:41 pm

T-BONDIcoasterkid wrote:We plan on not riding shockwave, but We're going to ride FoF.

Shockwave's actually running fairly well this season,mind you it's got it's rough spots in the helix entrance & last turnaround but other than that it's not as bad as say anaconda.FOF really had a bad vibration when I rode it saturday & I kinda got a bit of whiplash in the flatspin but I think a large part of it had to do with riding near the back of the train.

If shockwave were to be removed in the future I wonder just what sort of small to medium sized steel ride could take it's place?No matter how much money theey're willing to invest in keeping it running eventually it will reach the end of it's useful service life so it kinda begs the question of what would a suitable replacement for that spot could or should be.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:Seems like wave swinger has been added to fastlane & I'm like "wtf?" the ride never generates a line long enough to need it and is usually at most just a one cycle wait.

The more rides listed on the Fast Lane booth, the more they can convince people to buy it. It is as simple as that, and they are just adding Fast Lane to rides that it is easy to add (AKA just throwing up some Fast Lane signs).

Postby Wes » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:I love Christian rock and will kill to see some of these bands in concert.

imawesome1124 wrote:I love Christian rock and will kill to see some of these bands in concert.

This may be the funniest thing posted on here in years.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 pm

^I'm glad someone else picked up on that. :lol:

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:52 pm

^^He's a progressive Christian rock fan. :lol:

Postby Wes » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I love Christian rock and will totally covet thy neighbor's wife to see some of these bands in concert.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:30 am

Wes wrote:I love Christian rock and will totally covet thy neighbor's wife to see some of these bands in concert.

That is OK as long as you don't kill her.........
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:06 am

Wes wrote:

This may be the funniest thing posted on here in years.

Must be a Christian Heavy Metal fan.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!