TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

First off, that area really looks great!

It's amazing how Disney World never gets anything this nice in the parks that need it...

Seriously, AK and Studios are half day parks at best. Why can't they get nice things?

I've seen this term/thought tossed around a lot, and to be honest, I just don't get it. Realistically speaking, I could turn ANY Disney park into a full day experience. From food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) to rides, to shows, to people watching, to whatever nighttime extravaganza they're promoting, there is plenty to keep anyone occupied for a full day at any WDW park.....if you just allow yourself to take it all in.

Granted, not everyone (especially certain enthusiasts on a mission) intends to experience everything each park has to offer. But to imply that it's impossible for AK or MGM to hold your attention for a full day is selling the parks short, in my humble opinion.

And "WDW never gets anything this nice"? Just because the Tokyo Resort is mindblowingly chock full of awesome, doesn't exactly mean WDW gets sold short. I think people tend to forget just how much the initials "WDW" encompass. The property has the word "World" in it for a reason. I'm going out on a limb here, but the WDW resort may be slightly tougher to continually update and keep "fresh" than, say, any of their other properties.

I'll also give 'em a call and let 'em know they may want to up the budget on the whole Avatar thing planned for AK. I guess a half billion dollars won't cover any "nice" upgrades to what many feel is an "unfinished" park.

Can't wait to see what kind of lines they get for Fastpass and the ride itself. The ones for tower were insane.

Monsters Inc in the main park was even worse!!

This looks nice, can't help thinking Woody looks a little high though...

^^I have managed to spend an entire day at Animal Kingdom and enjoyed it. You can easily spend a day there it you hit a show or two and do all the animal exhibits (such as the safari and the trails). That being said, I think it could use a little something more.

Now back to our topic already in progress--How about that Toy Story Mania? I think they did a great job making it a part of DisneySea.

Edited by cfc

Love the pics there! Looks really nice!!

Question though: Is this in the area that is to the left to ToT, as you face it? As in: a new alley in-between the restrooms and the theater, where the huge wooden gate was (is)?

I don't remember seeing an exact location for it.

JJ

Question though: Is this in the area that is to the left to ToT, as you face it? As in: a new alley in-between the restrooms and the theater, where the huge wooden gate was (is)?

JJ

Yes.

and to further elaborate they expanded into an old employee parking lot.

JJ

Yes.

and to further elaborate they expanded into an old employee parking lot.

Thanks. That then makes sense to me, as I remember seeing all of the trailers and temp buildings when you took the monorail around, and behind ToT.

The exterior queue and surrounding area is very similar to DCA while the interior queue is a more vintage version of DHS's. All wooden toys inside but very much like Andy's bedroom. Following photos courtesy of Deep Disney.

Mr Potato Head is not in the queue but rather has his own private corner

Following photos from DreamSweetsLove's twitter:

AwSzVh9CMAIkq_R.jpg:medium

AwSDaX3CQAANh9O.jpg:medium

AwSDJ22CEAAs_JS.jpg:medium

AwSC8uRCEAEwqFz.jpg:medium

AwSrMqSCQAAUes7.jpg:medium

I love love love that the ride's boarding area is the side of Andy's bed and the ride trams enter the show building through going under his bed:

AwSpulbCAAAFhAV.jpg:medium

AwSEdkHCIAA0vsS.jpg:medium

AwSEKK0CMAIGzCi.jpg:medium

AwSD7qtCMAEFoEo.jpg:medium

Reminds me of the pages in Hunny Hunt's queue:

AwSpF1tCQAAH4O-.jpg:medium

AwSo4N5CIAEYQdt.jpg:medium

AwSQ_OHCMAIp0gf.jpg:medium

Outside area:

AwSKJJsCIAEQumc.jpg:medium

AwUSTkTCMAESUD5.jpg:medium

AwUSPHWCAAASQiS.jpg:medium

AwUSIrPCMAARGQ3.jpg:medium

The ride is apparently the same. The theme is a bit of a stretch for 1920's but the design is so well executed, I'm very very impressed (but when's the last time tokyo didn't impress.

I noticed that as well, I love that Woody is the giant smiling face. But the detail that the toy story/Disney geek in me squeed at seeing...

The BEDROOM DOOR!! That forced perspective making you feel like a toy is freakng genius!

Edited to correct autocorrect grrr

Edited by Moose

I agree. I like how they utilized forced prospective on the bedroom door to make it look as if you've shrunk down to the size of a toy. Very nice.

I like how the TDS version is an interesting blend of DCA's exterior with DHS's interior. I'm impressed. No doubt this will be a popular addition to the park.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2012/04/20120426_04e.pdf

Next year, Tokyo Disneyland Resort® will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the opening of Tokyo Disneyland® Park, the first Disney theme park to be built outside of the United States. This milestone celebration, under the title “Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary, The Happiness Year,‟” will take place at the Disney Parks and hotels for 340 days starting on April 15, 2013 and offer a new parade, a renewed attraction, seasonal special events and more for the greatest happiness-filled year ever.

Tokyo Disneyland, the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic, opened on April 15, 1983 and expanded from a single theme park into a resort “where dreams true.” Covering about 200 hectares (494 acres) in the Maihama area, the Resort includes Tokyo DisneySea® Park, three Disney hotels and various other facilities. Over the past 30 years, Tokyo Disney Resort has created a myriad of happy experiences every day for guests. And with “happiness” as the theme for the 30th anniversary, the Resort will offer new experiences filled with discoveries, surprises and wonders for the biggest “happiness” sensations ever to be shared by families, friends and the Disney friends throughout this celebration period.

During the anniversary year, colorful balloons filled with “happiness” will be the visual theme at the two Parks and guests will find many happy experiences waiting for them there. At Tokyo Disneyland, a new daytime parade will premiere on April 15 to kick off the anniversary. The first new parade in five years, “Happiness Is Here” will feature Mickey Mouse and lots of other Disney characters on colorful floats themed to the characters. The 500-meter-long parade, accompanied by cheerful and lively music, is sure to bring happy smiles to guests’ faces.

The Tokyo Disneyland attraction Star Tours is undergoing a complete renewal and will reopen as Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (scheduled to open in spring 2013).

With new features including 3-D visuals and over 50 variations in the attraction story, the attraction will give guests a totally new space travel experience.

The two Parks will also present special events for summer, Halloween and Christmas that are filled with seasonal ambience and the special “happiness” of the 30th anniversary year for guests to enjoy. The Disney hotels will celebrate the 30th anniversary as well, offering various programs that are sure to give guests a happy experience whenever and wherever they visit.

687719052_ScreenShot2012-07-15at10_29_10PM.jpg.ee6135404e4b27de483ce8261c38a5f2.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

OMGOMGOMGOMG

Is this why TPR is going back to Japan next year?

Or just some great, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

..........timing?

(Well this, and TSM and the Jasmine's flying carpets in Disney Sea, and the rest of the 2 parks, lol)