Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:38 pm

Yeah, thats what I meant about the weather. It's the summer crowds that make it seem worse than it is.

-Don
/also hates lines
//rescheduling trip for 23-27 may
///front row, middle seat please

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:45 am

Just got back from BGT with some more pics. I think the coaster looks awesome, and one of the best features is the way the first drop is visible from the lift hill.

It is probably more psychological than anything, but as you ascend the 200 feet, a look to your right and all you see is track headed straight down. That should freak some people out!

Also, I don't think the crowds are ever that bad at BGT. One of the reasons is that the usual crowd there is 60+ if not older, and they tend to avoid the thrill rides. When I went on Tuesday, everything was a walk on. At one point, I was the only one on Cheetah Chase. Not the only one in my car, but the only one on the whole ride! Of course, the ride is sort of lame, but nevertheless!

But DO avoid HallowScream for crowds. It took us an hour just to get into the parking lot, and everything in the park was an hour to 1 1/2 hour wait. They really need to do a better job with traffic off I-75 to that left turn at the park.

They recently completed the underpass for trams from the parking lot, but it is still a 2 lane road that leads to the parking lot.
She1.jpg
She2.jpg

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:57 am

Well, at the very least, this coaster will be a big step up from Oblivion, which is over as soon as it starts.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:10 am

It doesnt look that big, but thats probably because of the HUGE track. The ride looks good anyway, but I think it would be even better with some more close-to-the-ground action.

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:19 am

I know that we were all hoping for a better Sheikra than the video showed, but the frist drop and immelman looked awesome. The immelman will probably deliver some hang time and the drop looks awesome. The only problem is I think that teh train stays to long at the edge of the lift. How many cars is this thing going to run? Because it looks like the line is going to go VERY slow.
---Brent 8)
Disobey

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Busch Gardens Tampa (BGA BGT) Discussion Thread

Postby BarryH » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:21 am

Well, I was reading a rumor on the Florida Coaster Club's message board that the Python at BGT will be going away. It may be replaced by an orangatan exhibit (which used to be where SheiKra is at). The Python was the first roller coaster at BGT, so historically, it'll be sad for their first to go away. On the other hand, I rarely ride it because it's so painful and a head banger! Maybe they can send the Pythong to BGW. We got their mouse. Perhaps we can do a fair trade? :)
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:36 pm.

Get your crunk on!

Postby Zoltan_Kodaly » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:27 am

A demolished corkscrew is a good corkscrew!

Hopefully it wouldn't get sent to BGW, it wouldn't make much sense to get rid of Drachen Fire to make way for a corkscrew!

Look! It's something so dark I can't make it out!

Postby DailyBugle_JL » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:38 am

anything is better than that ride. I rode it once just for the cred and never again.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Imhotep » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:05 am

They may as well get rid of it. Its probably the most ignored coaster in Florida. I guess if it really is being removed, personally I would like to see a different ride put in its place. However I guess the orangatan exhibit needs to go somewhere..

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:20 am

Well at least I already have the credit a half of dozen times over.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!