Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby orangecats2 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 pm

^Thanks for your review. That's pretty much what I thought when I saw the pics and video. The air conditioning will be nice but I hope that all of the seats aren't occupied, especially with just people's stuff.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 am

This whole idea of having things to do while in the queue seems to be growing. Pretty good idea for younger kids. To bad they didn't have at least something for everyone. Still, better than waiting in the sun with nothing to do.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:37 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/all-in-the-details-tinkering-in-maurices-cottage-at-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

We’re back this week with another inside look at an attraction that’s coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

mau229456SMALL.jpg

This time, Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) has shared a glimpse inside Maurice’s Cottage, which is the room that welcomes guests to the Enchanted Tales With Belle meet-and-greet experience. Here, guests can explore the tinkerer’s humble cottage and workshop. According to our WDI friends, a few of Maurice’s unique inventions even decorate the place!

mau119456SMALL.jpg

What do you think? Which “Beauty and The Beast” experience are you looking forward to most when New Fantasyland opens this holiday season: Enchanted Tales With Belle, the Be Our Guest Restaurant, or Gaston’s Tavern?

mau339456SMALL.jpg

*Many of you asked, in the comments section of last week’s post, about openings. Here’s the most updated info we have at this time:
  • July 2012: Both sides of Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Dumbo’s big top tent queue, and Casey Jr. kids’ water-play area
  • Holidays 2012: Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern, and Ariel’s Grotto.
  • 2013: Princess Fairytale Hall (meet-and-greet area)
  • 2014: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on the New Fantasyland expansion. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/mmmmm-fresh-veggies-flatbreads-on-magic-kingdom-park-menus/

We love a hot order of fries, but these new healthful Magic Kingdom Park sides make us happy – delicious, crunchy veggies that can be paired with some of our favorite vacation bites.

We’re a fan of the Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus and broccoli slaw) and grilled salmon with fresh broccoli at Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square, and now they’ve added fresh broccoli as a side option for any sandwich or entrée. Next time, opt for fresh broccoli to go with the crunchy chicken breast nuggets!

At Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe in Frontierland, try fresh corn on the cob with the Angus burger – and then load up with fresh lettuce, tomato, onions and more at the fixin’s bar. Over in Tomorrowland, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café has added a cool, crisp cucumber salad and fresh green beans – the perfect accompaniment to the turkey sandwich or the grilled chicken sandwich. Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant has one of our favorite combos: a decadent lobster roll with a side of roasted veggies.

The new flatbreads at Pinocchio Village Haus are another crowd pleaser, thin-crusted with inventive toppings like the barbecued chicken flatbread with chicken, red onions, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses and a mango barbecue sauce. Or the Caprese flatbread with plum tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, a blend of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan, balsamic glaze, and fresh basil. Kiddies still love the simple cheese and pepperoni varieties.

fvf135869LARGE.jpg

fvf556714LARGE.jpg

fvf289678LARGE.jpg

fvf643913LARGE.jpg

fvf568903LARGE.jpg

fvf846907LARGE.jpg

fvf038698LARGE.jpg

fvf894066LARGE.jpg

No reservations required; these are all quick-service options! Have you tried any and do you have a favorite?
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby HighRoller » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:41 am

I'm glad to see that they're starting to make an effort to make the Magic Kingdom less of a nutritional wasteland. More options, especially ones that aren't "empty calories" is a good thing!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am

Nice to see the variety on the food. I'm always looking for something besides the standard hambuger, hotdog and pizza selection at most parks.

Postby Wes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 pm

^ Disney seems to be really upping the variety and quality lately. It would be nice if other parks followed suit.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 pm

^Agreed. Park food doesn't have to be horrible.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jay20016 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:14 am

Meteornotes wrote:^Agreed. Park food doesn't have to be horrible.

dt

Or cost an arm and a leg.

Postby Wes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:11 am

^ I don't mind paying a little more if it's quality. We used to go to Storytellers at the Grand Californian for lunch because the food was so much better than in the parks for a little bit of a premium. But now they seem to be pushing the quality into the parks as well.
I think people enjoy unique offerings. Hamburgers and pizza are everywhere.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 am

^Agreed. I don't mind paying more if the food is better quality. Sadly, most people in this country think Chili's has amazing food, so most places put zero effort into their food offerings. Nice to see Disney increasing the variety and quality.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!