Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby amy_mel » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 am

I swear I read somewhere on here that rooms were going for $400 a night though. Not much of a value if that's the case.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

amy_mel wrote:I swear I read somewhere on here that rooms were going for $400 a night though. Not much of a value if that's the case.

I checked a couple of dates and I did find that a single night on a Saturday in late July was $345. I also went farther out on a weekday in October and it was $105 for one night. Might have something to do with being new and so many people want to stay there they can get away with it for a few months.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby HighRoller » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 am

For comparison:

Fall season, weekday rates:

All Star Music (Bottom of value): Standard Room $95, Family Suite $215.
Art of Animation: Standard Room $105, Family Suite $265.

Family suites top out at $375 (Music) and $425 (Animation) during the week from Dec 21-31.
Best prices are weekdays in January.
Standard rooms sleep 4, suites sleep 6.

Source: Mousesavers.com rack rate charts

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:22 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/victoria-alberts-receives-coveted-aaa-five-diamond-award-for-13th-consecutive-year/

Congrats to Chef Scott Hunnel, Master Pastry Chef Erich Herbitschek, Maître d’Hôtel Israel Perez and their team for earning their 13th AAA Five-Diamond Award for Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Of 28,000 restaurants reviewed, only 53 have earned five diamonds – and a mere 21 have had that distinction for 13 or more consecutive years.

“Haute cuisine at its best” defines the AAA criteria. Add cutting-edge menus, the finest ingredients and “food prepared in a manner that’s highly imaginative and unique” and you’ve got the extraordinary combination that defines a winner. But beyond the kitchen, the maître d’ must lead an expert service staff “that exceeds guest expectations by attending to every detail in an effortless and unobtrusive manner.”

That’s a tall order, and Victoria & Albert’s manages to wow guests every single night of the year with a fabulous “Contemporary-American” menu and refined touches such as Italian Sambonet silver, fine Royal Doulton and Wedgwood china, and Italian Frette tablecloths (hung, not folded, to avoid creases). Women get a small stool for handbags and a rose to carry home – and if you’re chilly, they’ll offer a cashmere wrap.

Have you experienced dinner in the dining room, the elegant Queen Victoria’s Room or the Chef’s Table in the kitchen? Do you have a favorite dish?

For reservations, call 407-WDW-DVNA (939-3862). Visit Victoria-Alberts.com for more information. Dining room is $135 per person for six courses and $65 for wine pairings. Chef’s Table and Queen Victoria’s Room are $210 for 10 courses and $105 for wine pairings.
vaa904671LARGE.jpg
vaa136841LARGE.jpg
vaa047612LARGE.jpg
vaa406897LARGE.jpg
vaa983416LARGE.jpg
vaa407613LARGE.jpg
vaa806185LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:48 am

Worth noting that the Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation uses real metal silverware and real plates. The goal is to provide a sitdown style meal with the convenience of of a café style experience. Also, Art is trying to be one of the more "Greener" resorts. They are boasting about how the floor materials are made of recycled concert. I'm possible transferring over to Art from All Star, I'm excited after checking it out.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 am

The Art of Animation Resort looks stunning for a value level resort! I never was a huge fan of the All Star resorts or the Pop Century properties, they are fine for what they are (cheaper low end resorts that are "on property") but this looks like they've taken the value resort to a whole new level of quality. I would really consider staying here in the future even if only for a quick weekend getaway.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Bryce » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:The Art of Animation Resort looks stunning for a value level resort! I never was a huge fan of the All Star resorts or the Pop Century properties, they are fine for what they are (cheaper low end resorts that are "on property") but this looks like they've taken the value resort to a whole new level of quality. I would really consider staying here in the future even if only for a quick weekend getaway.

My thoughts exactly!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby amy_mel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:52 am

gisco wrote:
amy_mel wrote:I swear I read somewhere on here that rooms were going for $400 a night though. Not much of a value if that's the case.

I checked a couple of dates and I did find that a single night on a Saturday in late July was $345. I also went farther out on a weekday in October and it was $105 for one night. Might have something to do with being new and so many people want to stay there they can get away with it for a few months.

I just have a hard time swallowing that price, even for a new resort, when I can take my family in August and get 2 rooms to accommodate all 8 of us at Port Orleans and not spend $400 per night. I am a huge Disney fan and love going to Disney World but I think I will wait a while before trying this resort.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby HighRoller » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:08 am

amy_mel wrote:
gisco wrote:

I just have a hard time swallowing that price, even for a new resort, when I can take my family in August and get 2 rooms to accommodate all 8 of us at Port Orleans and not spend $400 per night. I am a huge Disney fan and love going to Disney World but I think I will wait a while before trying this resort.

Please bear in mind that the $345 price is for the Family suite, sleeping 6. A Standard room, sleeping 4 would only be $139 for the same nights. Of course, the only Standard Rooms will be in the Little Mermaid section (the last to open) and will be unavailable this august. The $105 in october is a standard room rate (not family suite - that would be $265 the same night)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Haven't paid too much attention to the development of this new hotel option, but it looks dynamite! And that "Surf on Surf Burger" sounds SO GOOD.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!