Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

P. 25: HHN Grand Opening Media Event Photo Report
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

Postby ernierocker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:41 am

Hey guys! It is that time of year again! Halloween Horror nights 22 is just around the corner! The event has now been officially revealed, so without further ado, here is this year's event!

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

HHN is back. This year there will be no escaping the horror that awaits, including terrifying houses like AMC’s “The Walking Dead”, Silent Hill, Alice Cooper and Penn & Teller. There are also several new horror houses that will be worth the wait…

What were once just ghastly rumors about an old, abandoned house have come to life as actual bone-chilling apparitions in “Dead End;” the still, stone protectors of an ancient European cathedral have awakened to fight intruders off at any cost in “Gothic;” and Universal’s legacy of horror continues as the classic monsters of fear appear in blinding black and white in “House of Horrors.”

If enough people believe in something, perception can become reality. In Carey, Ohio, the perception was that countless horrific acts had occurred in the old Hartford Mansion. The reality was that the curse which befell the house was far worse than any story ever told.

The Catedral de Caementum Animus is, by day, undergoing a building-wide architectural refurbishment. By night, the many stone gargoyles that keep watchful eye over the sanctuary come to life with the mission of protecting this sacred place against intrusion.

This is no remake. No sequel. No re-imagining. These are Universal’s classic monsters of fear, who have terrified audiences from the Silver Screen. They have been waiting within silver celluloid to be resurrected. The flash of a lightning strike cuts the darkness that surrounds, and terror’s true faces take back what is theirs…

There is strength in numbers, and you must band together to make it through many of the iconic settings made famous by the critically-acclaimed AMC television series, “The Walking Dead.” As the city is crawling with hordes of walkers, the issue of your becoming one of them is not a question of if, but when.

In the eerie and desolate town of Silent Hill, ash falls from the sky and the physical laws of nature no longer apply. If you dare to venture into this alternate dimension, there is only one law of nature with which you must concern yourself: survival.

Journey into the legendary rocker Alice Cooper’s twisted mind and witness the natural melding of horror and Cooper’s four decades-long career. Here you will follow Steven, the iconic character from many of Cooper’s works, as you come face-to-face with a myriad of tormentors who threaten an already-decaying sense of sanity.

World-renowned magicians Penn & Teller have accidentally nuked Las Vegas, but don’t worry, it’s nothing a fresh coat of paint and a truckload of BS can’t fix. Come on down to New Vegas, where all that glitters isn’t gold, and in fact probably has fatal levels of radioactivity.

Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.

The 20 Penny Circus brings its “Magic For People With Questionable Taste” to an unsuspecting Halloween Horror Nights audience.

"Scare Zones"

And we’ve got a completely reinvented street experience…
They will find you and invade your personal space like never before. There will be no boundaries. The rules of the past will no longer apply. Roaming legions of menacing beasts, vampires, prisoners, warriors and more will inhabit every corner of the park. There is no escape.
halloween_horror_nights_logo_univeral_orlando.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:09 am.

Re: Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:03 am

I hope they use the parade building again, that has been one of the better locations the past couple of years. It is sad to see the Jaws que house go but I'm more sad about there not being any more amazing Jaws night rides :cry: .

I hope the Bill and Ted Show finally gets back up to par, that show used to be the highlight of the event for me every year but it's been pretty disappointing for me here lately. Seems like between the Hunger Game, Twilight, and The Avengers (and obviously a lot more) there should be some decent source material to work with this year so hopefully the show gets back to where it was.

I don't know anything about the Walking Dead but it's seems pretty popular and very well done. There's usually some kind of Zombie House every year anyways so it should fit in nicely. Wonder if they will use any other licensed movies/tv shows themes for houses this year?

Any rumors about Rocky Horror possibly returning? My fingers are crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:07 am

Well, the Walking Dead is awesome as a TV show....how will they make it crazy good as a maze? It's just zombies, not too much else...the show works on emotion, the drama between the actors, etc. Oh, wait, I heard you can frequently find naked face-eating zombies at the exit ramps of most highways in Florida, right?
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby ernierocker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:13 am

PKI JizzMan wrote:.how will they make it crazy good as a maze?

You set up recognizable scenes from the show and you have a bunch of zombies jump out at you. Same formula as any house based off a popular tv show/movie. Also, a simulated shotgun blast or two always helps.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 am

Will The Walking Dead House take eight episodes to get good this year? ;)

Seriously though, if they did either a Farm House, ATL, or CDC theme with it that would rule.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

^Agreed. As long as it's not people standing around a farm doing nothing, it could be entertaining.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby simtanic8 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I was just at Universal today, and the Distaster queue already has the green mesh blocking the view of the house. On the side there was an opening and from the looks of things they have a frame up for the Barn from the Farm and the scene before that will be the RV. I couldn't take any pictures do to not having my camera and my temporary replacement phone has no camera. Really excited about this house. :b

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bkinsy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:04 pm

I was there today. Got one picture of the RV from The Walking Dead set-up. I'm excited. I hope its good. :)

The best picture I could get from The Walking Dead setup.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:54 am

I thought it was interesting that the dates are starting a week earlier this year - 2 weekends in September! Also I am kinda excited to see what they do with the Herc/Xena queue - it was VERY awkward when they used it for a maze before.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Hope they do that cool projection trick to make it look like the building is crumbling away like they did last year for acid assualt and maybe use it in some of the other scare zones.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!