TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

The restaurant is opened for public already. pictures can be found on here: http://www.eftelist.nl/a_hhpolleskeuken.html

This should give you an impression about what theme the Darkride should look like. it's very unique, and a mix of lots of styles. of course the restaurant is only suggesting the "royal kitchen".

It's not confirmed by Efteling but building drawings, the delay of the project (twice), and rumours imply that it's most likely to be a pandora's box transport system.

The drawing pictures of the ride show a wide range on the track and looking at the height of the building and the fact the ride has only one level should mean that it the transport system that covers a large height difference. so that should leave "Pandora's Box" as only option.

Efteling delayed the project twice (may 31th 2012 -> may 31th 2013) and (may 31th 2013 -> 2015). Due to the fact the project got more complicated and kept expanding. that's all what Efteling had to say about the delay, keeping us in the dark.

and for Trubolaaf, try seeing it this way: You're 32, you may or may not have small children who enjoy Efteling right now. but maybe in 10 years they think the Efteling is dull because it doesn't offer what they want. and that's not the kind of image Efteling would like to have if they want to cover 5 million visitors a year in 2020. they need to be attractive to most groups of society, and also teenagers and people in their early twenties.

In my opinion, let them make rides for the whole family like mentioned before, and keep it that way. Thrill rides can be found in any other park.

Efteling has rides for small children, all-around rides and some light thrills. but they won't attract whole families. A teenager has quite a voice in a family where other family members may listen to. Other parks have family rides too, but also a wider range of thrills. so families with teenagers are most likely to go to an park that offers it all.

looking at it in your view(nostalgic, etc) that's a good thing.

looking at it in an organisation way(financially, business plan, expansion plans) , you're going bankrupt.

"I have to change, to stay the same"(Willem De Koning)

Sure, thats why Walibi Holland is visited so well......

The Efteling has enough to offer for the whole family. When kids wants some more thrill the will not travel along with there parents. Keep in mind that it's not the kids that bring in the money

The Efteling is one of the nr.1 parks in Europa and thats not because they got a small looping coaster. Theming, experience and family time in attractions that you can share with your family brings more than a bunch of coasters.

But hey, that's what i think of it and what most family's do in our surrounding. At least, that's what the visitor results show of.

sure. it's not just thrill. i'm not claiming it is. and no kids don't bring in the money. but i can't remember my parents dragging me to an amusement park me and my brother didn't want to go to. parents bring in the money, but the kids decide where.

and you keep looking at the present. Efteling is one of the nr 1 parks NOW, you have to look forward to keep that position.

but we could keep this going back and forth. let's just call it an impasse.

• 3 weeks later...

There are 2 things I love about this, and just watching the tests had me comparing it to the water show at DCA.

1) From the promo material it seems like they have a beginning of a story with something as simple as frogs shooting water out of their mouths towards the center of the pond. It gives the show purpose, although only time will tell if its one worthy of sitting around for. The thing about World of Color to me that I feel is missing is a concrete foundation for its association in the park and how it ties in together as a reason for happening. For example, even the fireworks show at DL creates a connection and reason for the show by having Tinker Bell flying across the sky from the Matterhorn.

2) This park looks like it has a large area of water, perfect size for this kind of thing. One thing about World of Color @ DCA is that a rather large body of water in Paradise Pier was reduced in size, and now the show feels cramped into a pond. It can also look excessive at the same time, based on the scale of the performance and proximity to the guests. In order to pull something like this off the way it was meant, you need a big enough area so guests viewing the show don't get overwhelmed, and don't get damp if wind starts picking up.

I guess what got me on this tirade is that I'd really like a park to do one of these shows right, and it always appears like little details prevent them from really hitting it out of the park, and sparking the kind of potential and popularity that was originally intended.

• 1 month later...

Today is the big day

60 Years of Efteling!

Today marks the day of the publication of Efteling's Jubilee book 'Are we there yet' (also available in English):

https://www.efteling.com/webshop/p-8603-boek-engels-zijn-we-dr-al.aspx

Yesterday, the new exposition of 60 Years Efteling opened at Efteling museum:

A nighttime shot of testing Aquanura:

According to the tv-schedule of the television station broadcasting Aquanura, the complete 60 years Anniversary show + Aquanura takes about 90 minutes.

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE LIVE YOUTUBE BROADCASTING!!! (it will start in 3 hours!!!! 22:00 Dutch time )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KDM8s-LVvOo

*Posted sort of the same post as above* Sorry, someone was a little earlier than I was, didn't see it.

But after all, I am very excited about the new show. I'm definitely going to watch it tonight. And maybe next week in real life, we shall see.

I think it is a wonderful show with the most recognizable music from the rides and attractions. Very nice for the 60th anniversary of the park. And this addition is reprogramable, I see them change it in the future to keep the show fresh. Good move

Went to the park today and watched two shows. Its a great show even on daytime but I must say I wasn't stunned by the show. It takes his time to get in to action and when he is it takes 1 minute and its all the way back at his start, then on the end we see a big final, so the middle part and the end are the best from the show. I do love the music they chose for the show.

Hi,

Went to the park today and watched two shows. Its a great show even on daytime but I must say I wasn't stunned by the show. It takes his time to get in to action and when he is it takes 1 minute and its all the way back at his start, then on the end we see a big final, so the middle part and the end are the best from the show. I do love the music they chose for the show.

I have to agree with you after seeing the show yesterday evening.

With daylight aquanura is nice but in the dark(almost dark yesterday) its 10 times better because of the great colours the show produces.

Also the middle part with music from Raveleijn and the end (Dance Macabre) are by far the best parts.

It is a great addition to the park but is it worth paying 17 million for it.....hmmmm.

Paul

hi all,

i have the 22 and 23 of june free for visiting efteling and walibi world near amsterdam,

im not sure what is better:

Doing efteling on a friday and walibi the next day or the oposite.

i assume that these dates are just before the summer school brakes,crowds should be regular for the season?

Still i think efteling would be more crowded but knows how to hendle crowds better?

basicly walibi is a one trick pony for me-goliath-so i mostly visit the place just for it...

Any thoughts or tips would be grate.

any nice place to stay near walibi?

any one know this place near efteling:

"bee&bee katsheuvel"?

thanks!

In my opinion you could better visit the Efteling on friday, because the weekends could be crowded. Summer school brakes are in Holland in July and August but in June their may be some schooltrips visiting the park. The Efteling is quite big so it doesn't feel quick really crowded. I don't know the B&B because I live close to the Efteling but it looks fine and it's really close to the Efteling.

I guess it will not bee really crowded in Walibi on Saturday.

In my opinion you could better visit the Efteling on friday, because the weekends could be crowded. Summer school brakes are in Holland in July and August but in June their may be some schooltrips visiting the park.

Efteling is not in holland, so I looked it up. The southern parts of the Netherlands, were Efteling is, has their break 30th of June till 12th of August 2012. The other parts of the Netherlands later on.

In my opinion you could better visit the Efteling on friday, because the weekends could be crowded. Summer school brakes are in Holland in July and August but in June their may be some schooltrips visiting the park.

Efteling is not in holland, so I looked it up. The southern parts of the Netherlands, were Efteling is, has their break 30th of June till 12th of August 2012. The other parts of the Netherlands later on.

Haha LOL my mistaken. I think the difernce between Holland and the Netherlands are so old fashioned. Even Six Flags didn't used 'the Netherlands' I think Holland is even common as the netherlands. Only we know the historicaly diference. And not only people of the southern part of the Netherlands visiting the Efteling. But the answer is indeed: their are no school breaks in the Netherlands at the 22nd and 23th of June.