SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 133: Aquatica San Diego to become Sesame Place San Diego!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby Trues » Tue May 29, 2012 5:31 pm

SoCalCoasters wrote:Tagging: Two days. The ride had been open two days, and every single a$$hole is San Diego seems to have scratched their name into the wooden railing path leading up to the station. It was scratched everywhere with people's names and I <3 U and other random junk. It's so insulting to the park. I was appalled. I know they can't do much about it, it's just so sad that it is occurring in the first place.

That's so frustrating! If I ever saw someone doing that, I'd slap them. Respect the ride

And yeah, they gotta put up a make-shift fence or something for the aquarium, because line-jumping is just uncalled-for.

Can't wait to ride again! I hear it's changed so much over the weekend. (also, I want to ride at Night :) )
Next time, wear blindfolds...okay?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 pm

SoCalCoasters wrote:Manta Review (In depth) :p

Tagging: Two days. The ride had been open two days, and every single a$$hole is San Diego seems to have scratched their name into the wooden railing path leading up to the station. It was scratched everywhere with people's names and I <3 U and other random junk. It's so insulting to the park. I was appalled. I know they can't do much about it, it's just so sad that it is occurring in the first place. 

That's how California is dude. Even at my college, we just built a brand new parking structure and library. The bathrooms in the library and the elevator are all tagged and scratched the F up. I would think college age kids who are trying to obtain higher learning would have enough knowledge to respect and keep things nice for everyone, but they don't care. Some how vandalism has become "art." Scratching/spray painting your dumb @ss thoughts and call signs does not mean you're artist nor does it mean its an act of artistic expression. But I'm preaching to the choir. Its a shame Manta has already become a victim to such a behavior.

On a happier note, I'd like to hear from people who have been on both, how this compares to Cheetah Hunt since they're drawing so much comparison.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 am

I'll be riding this on my birthday!! I only wish they would have made it 50ft. at least :b Didn't even know this ride existed until a billboard went up near my house, true story! Haven't been to Sea World in like 20 years...
Coasters: 59
Assume nothing; Question everything

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Wed May 30, 2012 2:46 am

Freefallbestrideever wrote:I'll be riding this on my birthday!! I only wish they would have made it 50ft. at least :b Didn't even know this ride existed until a billboard went up near my house, true story! Haven't been to Sea World in like 20 years...

It does have a 54ft drop. The reason it's not very tall is because of council restrictions.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:50 am

Gnome wrote:
SoCalCoasters wrote:Manta Review (In depth) :p

Tagging: Two days. The ride had been open two days, and every single a$$hole is San Diego seems to have scratched their name into the wooden railing path leading up to the station. It was scratched everywhere with people's names and I <3 U and other random junk. It's so insulting to the park. I was appalled. I know they can't do much about it, it's just so sad that it is occurring in the first place. 

That's how California is dude. Even at my college, we just built a brand new parking structure and library. The bathrooms in the library and the elevator are all tagged and scratched the F up. I would think college age kids who are trying to obtain higher learning would have enough knowledge to respect and keep things nice for everyone, but they don't care. Some how vandalism has become "art." Scratching/spray painting your dumb @ss thoughts and call signs does not mean you're artist nor does it mean its an act of artistic expression. But I'm preaching to the choir. Its a shame Manta has already become a victim to such a behavior.

On a happier note, I'd like to hear from people who have been on both, how this compares to Cheetah Hunt since they're drawing so much comparison.

I'm currently resisting making one of my more racist comments that has something to do with this type of stuff and Mexico 'happening', but either way I think it's something that the same idiots who are the ones to drop out of high school, and other stupid stuff think is cool along with walking around looking like a fool with about a foot of their boxers showing.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 am

bottom_feeder_13 wrote:I'm currently resisting making one of my more racist comments that has something to do with this type of stuff and Mexico 'happening', but either way I think it's something that the same idiots who are the ones to drop out of high school, and other stupid stuff think is cool along with walking around looking like a fool with about a foot of their boxers showing.

Well, congrats on showing such high restraint there. :roll:
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 am

^ Oh trust me I left the more politically incorrect stuff out, that's just the beginning.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Wed May 30, 2012 8:08 am

In regards to line jumping, it is terrible with this ride. I had at least 50 people cut in front of me during the course of waiting for four rides. They just walk right through like it is nothing.

As far as comparing Manta to Cheetah Hunt, I wouldn't. Manta is much smaller and doesn't have an inversion. I guess I would call it a mini Cheetah Hunt although CH is a better ride in my opinion. But with limited space and an insane height restriction SeaWorld did as good as they could. Manta really is a tremendous ride!
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 am

SeaWorld San Diego has sent us a press advisory regarding the opening of Manta.

The wait for Manta is over! After 18 months of construction and years of planning, SeaWorld guests are officially Riding the Ray and Feeling the Rush on San Diego’s first double-launch, multi-media roller coaster, Manta!

A festive grand opening ceremony hosted by SeaWorld Park President John Reilly and attended by San Diego City Council President Tony Young and San Diego City Council Member Lori Zapf preceded the first official Manta launch. Following a dramatic performance and drum roll by ensemble group TAIKOPROJECT and a “kelp ribbon” cutting, the first riders on Manta were students from the Elementary Institute of Science — a science enrichment program dedicated to nurturing the intellectual curiosity of San Diego's young people by providing hands-on experiences to stimulate an ongoing appreciation and understanding science, technology and the environment. As part of the grand opening, SeaWorld made a $10,000 donation to the nonprofit program and invited 20 students to be the first riders on opening day.

With Manta, SeaWorld has combined the thrill of an amazing double-launch roller coaster with an incredible, hands-on animal experience. The coaster features multiple twists and turns, an exciting 54-foot drop and a launch station with a 270-degree enveloping screen. Plus, riders and non-riders alike may enjoy dozens of rays, which can be seen in a 100,000-gallon aquarium through eight acrylic viewing windows, and, they can even reach in and touch and feed rays in a shallow pool.

Manta is located just north of Dolphin Point. SeaWorld worked with German ride design company MACK, which also engineered the marine-life park’s popular ride, Journey To Atlantis.
drummers at Manta grand opening.jpg
Ensemble group The TAIKOPROJECT performed a pre-show and dramatic drum roll at the grand opening of Manta on Saturday, May 26, 2012. SeaWorld’s new mega attraction features a double-launch, multi-media roller coaster and a 100,000-gallon aquarium with bat rays that guests can see through underwater viewing windows and can touch and feed in a shallow pool. Manta is now officially open to the public.
kelp cutting at Manta grand opening.jpg
City Council Member Lori Zapf, SeaWorld Park President John Reilly and City Council President Tony Young cut the “kelp ribbon” to officially open Manta to the public on May 26, 2012. SeaWorld’s new mega attraction features a double-launch, multi-media roller coaster and a 100,000-gallon aquarium with bat rays that guests can see through underwater viewing windows and can touch and feed in a shallow pool. Manta is now officially open to the public.
first riders at Manta grand  opening.jpg
Some of the first official riders enjoy Manta on opening day at SeaWorld San Diego, May 26, 2012. SeaWorld’s new mega attraction features a double-launch, multi-media roller coaster and a 100,000-gallon aquarium with bat rays that guests can see through underwater viewing windows and can touch and feed in a shallow pool. Manta is now officially open to the public.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed May 30, 2012 9:29 am

With my daughter going to school in San Diego I will get a chance to ride this soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!