Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot], Pedrinho and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Joe_Spence » Wed May 30, 2012 5:57 am

That's both awesome and depressing...DT was one of my guilty pleasure favorites ...but I'll be excited to see new life brought into the front of the park... Here's the link to the Sandusky Register Article
”The only way you can check Gretzky is to hit him when he is standing still singing the national anthem.” - Harry Sinden

Die Hard Sabres Fan

Former Cedar Point Employee (Wicked Twister 2005)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Millenniumfan94 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:04 am

Sounds like Cedar Point has a great coaster coming for next year. 170ft tall, tallest, fastest, and steepest wing rider coaster built to date. believe the article also mentioned that it would be the longest wing rider coaster. I am really excited for new life to be brought back to that area, I am sure that entire area is going to look 1000x different come this time next year.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Joe_Spence » Wed May 30, 2012 6:09 am

The only thing I'll miss about Space Spiral is the look of it from the Causeway...I remember being little and having it be one of the first things I'd see from far away...I'm not sad it'll be gone, but it is a little dismaying that That view won't be there anymore
”The only way you can check Gretzky is to hit him when he is standing still singing the national anthem.” - Harry Sinden

Die Hard Sabres Fan

Former Cedar Point Employee (Wicked Twister 2005)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 30, 2012 6:12 am

It does seem odd that they'll lose yet another roller coaster and take out a ride with no height restriction.

Looks like the Wing Rider is the next Invert...going to see them popping up everywhere now!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed May 30, 2012 6:16 am

Should use the building for a great dark ride instead.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby Millenniumfan94 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:16 am

I would honestly love to see Space Spiral preserved, but with its lack of attendance and Windseeker being built close by, I felt like its days were numbered.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 30, 2012 6:18 am

Millenniumfan94 wrote:Sounds like Cedar Point has a great coaster coming for next year. 170ft tall, tallest, fastest, and steepest wing rider coaster built to date. believe the article also mentioned that it would be the longest wing rider coaster.

Where are you reading that? Nowhere did it mention stats for the ride, and it did not say the ride *would* be a record breaker. It suggested and implied it *could* be, but the article reads more like a expanded rumor, and nothing factual. Are you reading the same article I am? http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/belaboring-point/cedar-point/blog-cedar-points-wing-coaster-answers-enthusiasts-prayer

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 am

Kinda weird that they just installed a new elevator on disaster this spring, and now the ride is being removed. I wonder if disaster transport will be relocated as an outdoor coaster at another park, or just be scrapped?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Millenniumfan94 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:22 am

robbalvey wrote:
Millenniumfan94 wrote:Sounds like Cedar Point has a great coaster coming for next year. 170ft tall, tallest, fastest, and steepest wing rider coaster built to date. believe the article also mentioned that it would be the longest wing rider coaster.

Where are you reading that? Nowhere did it mention stats for the ride, and it did not say the ride *would* be a record breaker. It suggested and implied it *could* be, but the article reads more like a expanded rumor, and nothing factual. Are you reading the same article I am? http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/belaboring-point/cedar-point/blog-cedar-points-wing-coaster-answers-enthusiasts-prayer

There is a real article in the physical paper (that isn't a blog).

The new ride will feature a 170-foot tall lift hill and span an area from the main gate...

Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet to the company's board of directors, says the coaster will have “longest drop, run the fastest and be the longest ride" and make a “Front Gate Statement — a roller coaster that flies overhead, rolls and flies back— highly visible above guests entering the park.”

Roller Coaster Joe.

Postby Joe21498 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:22 am

Here is the article with the quotes from a Matt's email:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/news/cedar-fair/memo-cedar-point-build-coaster-2013

If I have learned one thing about Matt thus far it is that tradition and the legacy of his former boss Richard are not going to stop him from putting his mark on this company. He seems to make quick, educated decisions with a new set of eyes for the company that seem positive and shows progress rather than a stagnant attitude of living in the past. Obviously he may not have been involved with this project since day one as it usually is a 2 or 3 year process but he seems to grasp general concepts to run a company correctly. I like how employee moral seems to be improved greatly since his takeover as well as the changes he has made thus far seem to be all positive.
Last edited by Joe21498 on Wed May 30, 2012 6:48 am.

PreviousNext