Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 282: HHN Photo Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Re: Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood

Postby ILoveRides » Thu May 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Today was the grand opening press event for Transformers The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood, and TPR was there with David and Spears!
1.jpg
TPR is at Universal Studios Hollywood for the Transformers grand opening!
2.jpg
With REAL Transformers on the red carpet! Here's Optimus Prime.
3.jpg
And here's Bumblebee!
4.jpg
These walk around characters are seriously amazing.
5.jpg
They're some of the most impressive walk around characters ever created. Way to go Universal!
6.jpg
They were giving out Energon! It's delicious! It's like orange soda with a creamy kick.
7.jpg
Here come the celebrities.
8.jpg
Is that who I think it is?
9.jpg
It totally is! Steven Spielberg made an appearance. How cool is that?
10.jpg
Do you think Steven Spielberg drinks Energon?
11.jpg
Optimus Prime drinks Energon.
12.jpg
Here's Josh Sussman from FOX's Glee.
13.jpg
Mexican music group K-Paz de la Sierra.
14.jpg
Dustin Leighton, the voice of EVAC in the ride.
15.jpg
Oscar Nunez from NBC's The Office. Awesome!
16.jpg
Now we move from the red carpet to a sea of tripods in preparation for the grand opening ceremony.
17.jpg
General Morshower lead the ceremony.
18.jpg
Michael Bay couldn't attend because he was on the set of his next movie, but he taped a video thanking everyone for coming. He totally has his serious face on! (If you don't know about The Serious Face, a subsidiary of The Manly Pose, check out page 27 of this thread!)
19.jpg
Suddenly things started getting exciting as Optimus Prime and Bumblebee raced into view.
20.jpg
A battle ensued as they tried to get the AllSpark to the magical AllSpark pedistal.
21.jpg
There was some serious action!
22.jpg
See? I wasn't kidding!
23.jpg
If you look closely you can see the AllSpark!
24.jpg
The AllSpark was placed on the magical pedistal...
25.jpg
Igniting a giant celebration and officially opening Transformers The Ride!
26.jpg
All the VIPs and media started making their way toward the ride entrance as the confetti rained down.
27.jpg
All the cameramen say, "Wait for me!"
28.jpg
Spears celebrated the AllSpark being placed on the magical pedistal by draping herself in confetti.
29.jpg
This guy celebrated by making a Serious Face.
30.jpg
Spears made a Spearious Face!
31.jpg
That's the AllSpark.
32.jpg
That's the AllSpark, a bit bigger.
33.jpg
That's as close as you can get to the AllSpark without your eyes getting cut.
34.jpg
6x Serious Face. Beat that! I challenge you.
35.jpg
Spears and I are huge fans of The Office, so we couldn't resist getting a photo with Oscar.
36.jpg
But enough dawdling! Time to ride!
37.jpg
Most of you have probably seen photos from the line by now, but for those who haven't, here you go!
38.jpg
Here's the AllSpark in the line.
39.jpg
Oooooh, fancy!
40.jpg
Spears wants the AllSpark.
41.jpg
Universal did a great job theming the line. It adds to the experience of an already great ride.
42.jpg
There are buttons everywhere that you can push.
43.jpg
And lots of details everywhere you look.
44.jpg
One more line picture.
45.jpg
I wonder what happens if I flip this switch?
46.jpg
Spears gets a Serious Face, that's what.
47.jpg
There's the ride vehicle (and Gertrude)! The lap bars are called Battle Bars, but Gertrude seems to think she's strong enough to fight without the safety of the bar.
48.jpg
They have a waiting room off to the side where they had members of the media store their belongings while riding. There was this cool toy display in the room. (I spot Gary The Giraffe in there too!)
49.jpg
After riding, Spears posed with Bumblebee. If you do a Manly Pose and a Serious Face at the same time, which is it?
50.jpg
Not to beat a dead horse, but these characters are SO COOL!
51.jpg
Here are a few shots as the Transformers started driving off.
52.jpg
I doubt there will ever be vehicles in front of the attraction like this again.
53.jpg
The general public is back behind that barrier waiting for members of the media to finish up.
54.jpg
Bumblebee driving off.
55.jpg
Bye bye Bumblebee!
56.jpg
The gift shop is really well done and has tons of Transformers merch.
57.jpg
Hat merch.
58.jpg
Toy merch.
59.jpg
Shirt merch.
60.jpg
More toy merch.
61.jpg
Watch merch. They even had replica AllSparks for sale. There was something for everyone.
62.jpg
Spears only dates Autobots!
63.jpg
Here's a look at the line after the general public was let in. The ride sure looks like a hit to me!
64.jpg
Thanks Universal for inviting TPR to come check out the grand opening of Transformers. We had a blast, and absolutely LOVE the ride!

Now what are you doing sitting there reading this? Get up and go ride Transformers!
Last edited by ILoveRides on Fri May 25, 2012 11:25 am.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri May 25, 2012 2:52 am

Congratulations to USH and all the team members who were apart of this opening! I am ever so slightly bias, but it's pretty cool to see USH stepping up their game. This is definitely their biggest attraction since JP, and really also the first since JP that is a true "E-ticket" attraction.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Fri May 25, 2012 4:51 am

I got to ride last week and this ride is nothing short of AWESOME! So happy to see Universal invest some serious money into USH and give the park a blockbuster attraction it so desperately needed.

Transformers has replaced Indiana Jones as the best dark ride in SoCal.

Can't wait for Potter!
Apollos Chariot #1!

"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Postby ILoveRides » Fri May 25, 2012 11:36 am

Here are some official photos that the park gave us!
TF_TheRide3D_Logo_300.jpg
Transformers The Ride 3D Allspark 300.jpg
in queue w General Morshower.jpg
All Spark Vault.jpg
Decepticon Debris.jpg
EVAC and Freedom Fighters.jpg
Exiting EVAC.jpg
Transformers The Ride 3D Bumblebee 300.jpg
Transformers The Ride 3D EVAC 300.jpg
Transformers The Ride 3D Optimus Prime 300.jpg
Transformers The Ride 3D Optimus Prime_Megatron 300.jpg
wowimage with EVAC.jpg

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Fri May 25, 2012 11:42 am

Three more weeks!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 am

If this ride was at Universal Orlando, they'd be selling Transformer Energon Screwdrivers during Halloween Horror Nights.

Even though I'm not a Transformers fan, I definitely want to check this ride out--and have some Energon.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Fri May 25, 2012 5:46 pm

^An Energon Screwdiver wouldn't be half bad as it just tasted like Orange cream soda to me.

Top Thrill Dragster wrote:Transformers has replaced Indiana Jones as the best dark ride in SoCal.

To each his own I suppose, but I headed out to the park again yesterday before the craziness of Summer actually hits and I cannot agree with this statement. I still prefer Indy (and even Spider-Man) over this attraction, while the ride falls just short of being truly amazing for me.

Ended up getting another three rides on it and it was pretty much the same as the three rides I got back in April which again were awesome. The ride had a wait time of about 35 minutes when we finally got down to the Lower Lot around 12:30 and thankfully the line keeps moving and the pre-show videos were entertaining enough to keep you occupied the few times you weren't though they did keep shutting the audio off to make ride safety announcements that totally killed the atmosphere. About 2:00, the line died down to walk-on for the rest of the day.

I am also VERY happy to say that USH has a winner on their hands. I took my brother, who doesn't do ANY type of roller coaster, and he was absolutely in love with the ride as well as my sister who likes rides but loved this as well. It was also non-stop praise from people who were exiting the ride.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Fri May 25, 2012 6:45 pm

^Indiana Jones in its current condition is (IMO) not better than Transformers. I can't remember the last time the door effect on Indy worked, or the countless amount of rides where there was no fire or the audio just cut out mid ride.

Indiana Jones is in desperate need of a rehab and perhaps if it ever dose get one, it will be better than Transformers.
Apollos Chariot #1!

Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Postby dylanreich » Fri May 25, 2012 7:51 pm

I can't wait to ride this... Hopefully if I end up loving it, I'll have a reason to go back to USH when I currently prefer all of the other SoCal parks over it. Also, I thought the official grand opening was the 25th? I'm surprised they had all of this a day early...
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Fri May 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Top Thrill Dragster wrote:^Indiana Jones in its current condition is (IMO) not better than Transformers. I can't remember the last time the door effect on Indy worked, or the countless amount of rides where there was no fire or the audio just cut out mid ride.

Indiana Jones is in desperate need of a rehab and perhaps if it ever dose get one, it will be better than Transformers.

I was there a few weeks ago and it was all working fine. *shrug* I agree Indy is in dire need of a lengthy rehab, but I still MUCH prefer the more physical sets (and interactions) to the movie screens with a couple of props around them.

Again not to knock the ride, it's still a GREAT attraction and I can't wait to ride it again! Maybe in the fall when I head back to Halloween Horror Nights this year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!