Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bubbles!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby ParkTrips » Tue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm

simaticable wrote:^Well, until that happens, time to enjoy the true beauty of the coasters!

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly think blue and pink stride gum decals on a green and black train look good.. but to me, the real beauty of the trains is in its shape, which the decals don't really alter

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby SFOG » Tue May 01, 2012 5:28 pm

TPR,

We are looking for extras for an upcoming photo shoot on Wednesday, May 16. If you are available, checkout the guidelines and rules here: www.sixflags.com/sfogextras.

Put "Theme Park Review" in your e-mail subject line and you'll get extra kudos when we narrow down the search.

-Brad

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Tue May 01, 2012 8:32 pm

^If only it happened after Memorial Day. Stupid EOCT's

Seeing the other Six Flags threads has made me realized something: SFOG treats their coasters well. I was looking at the SFMM thread, and I realized that they really have ruined a couple of their coasters.

We don't have OTSR's on Mind Bender, a smooth Arrow train on Ninja, and we put Topper track on Georgia Cyclone. We also have a coaster collection that any person can enjoy, as well as being the only Six Flags park with an Eurofighter. We haven't rethemed any rides except Mind Bender, but that happened a long time ago. All the coasters that the park had that left were moved to other parks and are operating now. (I understand Flashback is gone, and Greezed Lightnin is reopening in 2013, hopefully.)
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby sirspanky53 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Does any one know what the crowd on mothers day typically looks like?

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:09 pm

^It's a season pass holder "Bring a friend free day," so it good get crowded.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 am

Six Flags Over Georgia has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming season at Six Flags White Water.

Six Flags White Water will kick off the summer season as it opens its gates for the 2012 season on Saturday, May 19. In the hours leading up to opening, the park will host the U.S. Army Reserve for a water-rescue training mission in the Atlanta Ocean Wave Pool.

“We are excited to open our gates here at Six Flags White Water”, said Melinda Ashcraft, park president. “The summer season has arrived, and what better way to beat the heat than to bring the entire family to splash around at the park.”

The 982nd Combat Camera Company of the United States Army Reserve will utilize the park’s huge wave pool, aptly named the Atlanta Ocean, as its location to conduct Combat Water Survival Training to help the combat parachutists survivability during water landings. Soldiers will be submerged in full gear to simulate combat-like situations as close as possible. The training will take place from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the park on May 19.

Six Flags White Water will introduce Dive-In Movies in 2012, a summertime event for families to relax at the Atlanta Ocean wave pool and catch the latest flicks on a giant screen. Dive-In Movies will take place each Thursday evening from June 7 through July 26.

The park’s operating hours during opening weekend will be 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. The park is open daily from May 26 through August 12.

Six Flags White Water has season passes on sale at 2 for $99. A season pass provides unlimited admission for the entire 2012 season, free tickets for friends and a coupon book with discounts on food, souvenirs and merchandise.

For more information on Six Flags White Water, visit sixflags.com/whitewater.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed May 16, 2012 12:33 pm

We will more than likely make it down to White Water this summer. Can't wait to try out the new Flash Pass!!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 pm

This is interesting: Coasterthon!

Apparently the only ride available is GASM. I would rather have 10 hours on Goliath! :lover:
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Sat May 19, 2012 8:30 am

^That's the day I'm going to SFOG. Guess I won't be able to ride GASM. :(

Oh well, at least it's a good cause.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Sat May 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Sixty-five people were injured when six school buses crashed on the way to Six Flags over Georgia today.

(CNN) -- Six school buses bound for a metro Atlanta amusement park were involved in a multi-vehicle crash Saturday, sending 65 people to the hospital, including a seriously injured driver, Georgia authorities said.
The incident occurred about 10:15 a.m. on westbound Interstate 20 in Newton County, about 45 miles east of Atlanta.
Burke County buses bound for Six Flags Over Georgia began slowing for a lane closure about one half mile ahead.
"As the buses slowed, one bus struck the rear of another setting off a chain-reaction crash. (A) passenger car was the last vehicle in the line and struck the rear of the sixth bus," said Gordy Wright, spokesman for the Georgia State Patrol.
One of the Burke County bus drivers was airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.
Most of the 65 taken to area hospitals were examined, released and returned to Burke County, south of Augusta, said Wright. Six Flags is west of Atlanta.
The crash was under investigation.

Link

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!