TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Got into trouble at school today...im only 13 and my mom said i cant ride kingda ka or el toro. im the maddest person on earth ride now.

Friendly advice from a site moderator.

Use proper capitalization and punctuation on TPR or you'll be in trouble with the TPR moderators and management, also.

The park had very light crowds today, I wasn't sure how crowded it would be since it was Student Council Day and years ago I heard it can get very crowded that day. Lines were short overall but by 4:00, the park was empty when the schools started to leave everything was either a walk on or a station wait.

The park had very light crowds today, I wasn't sure how crowded it would be since it was Student Council Day and years ago I heard it can get very crowded that day. Lines were short overall but by 4:00, the park was empty when the schools started to leave everything was either a walk on or a station wait.

Wow! You're lucky! I have never ever had an experience like that in my life!

Got into trouble at school today ... i'm only 13 and my mom said I cant ride Kingda ka or El toro. I'm the maddest person on earth ride now.

Not sure why you would be mad. Take responsibility for your behavior and use this as a lesson. Don't use the fact you are 13 as an excuse. You are old enough to know better.

Just got back from the park today! I do have to say it was incredible! Every ride was working and sky screamer was testing with water dummies. El Toro broke down once but that's about it. Kingda Ka ran smoothly all day. The worst operations today were at Nitro. The visual scans were quite bad. At one point when i was in the station for Bizzaro the ride operator looked down when he did the visual scan. Overall the day was great!

Ride Count:

Kingda Ka: 1 - Station Wait

Superman:Ultimate Flight: 1 - Station Wait

El Toro: 2 - Station Wait

Bizzaro: 1 - Station Wait

Sky Ride: 1 - Walk On

Nitro: 1 - Half queue Wait

Dark Knight Coaster: 1 Half queue Wait

Station wait for S: UF? Over here at SFGAm we still have 2+ Hour waits on ANY day for Superman..

I went to Great Adventure the day after Superman opened and believe it or not I rode it 4 or 5 times without waiting. I marathoned on that and Chiller all day. It's not unheard of for Great Adventure to have a lot of walk ons early in the season when weather is crappy but I have to admit I'm surprised that this happened on Sunday because it was beautiful out. I guess not too many mothers wanted to spend their mothers day at a theme park.

Sun May 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Kingda Ka ran smoothly all day. The worst operations today were at Nitro.

You must have been in a Bizarro world yesterday.

Ha ha ha very true! Also i forgot to mention there was graffiti in the carts for thunder road!

Ha ha ha very true! Also i forgot to mention there was graffiti in the carts for thunder road!

I'm assuming you mean Rolling Thunder. Those trains have been in bad shape for a couple years now. There's tons of names scratched into them and on the blue train, side panels are missing. Last time I counted 4 missing. Were they running both sides or just the right?

I'm assuming you mean Rolling Thunder. Those trains have been in bad shape for a couple years now. There's tons of names scratched into them and on the blue train, side panels are missing. Last time I counted 4 missing. Were they running both sides or just the right?

They were running both sides as a race! I started nerding out to my brother saying "Holy crap their running both sides!" hahaha. I always get the name confused but SFGAdv is going to be my home park since i'm moving to NJ.

Some masochist part of me actually enjoys Rolling Thunder...some decent airtime on the return run in the back, and so long as you don't ride on the right side (or you brace for that murderous turnaround) it isn't too shabby!

Granted, with El Toro towering over it, I do question what I'm doing on it sometimes.

Some masochist part of me actually enjoys Rolling Thunder...some decent airtime on the return run in the back, and so long as you don't ride on the right side (or you brace for that murderous turnaround) it isn't too shabby!

Granted, with El Toro towering over it, I do question what I'm doing on it sometimes.

My brother was yelling on the first hill because he thought we came off the track! Rolling thunder has got some very nice airtime. I only rid one side of it I think it was the left side of the station. This has nothing to do with rolling thunder but when i was waiting in line for Nitro i looked at the staircase and saw a lot of peeling pink paint! I really wanted to tell a park official but i did not want to seem like a complete coaster nerd haha

I really like Rolling Thunder too. If your on a non wheel seat its very smooth, and the left side isn't bad in any seat and doesn't have that horrible turnaround. If you want a rough ride, The Runaway Mine Train is MUCH worse then Rolling Thunder.

I really like Rolling Thunder too. If your on a non wheel seat its very smooth, and the left side isn't bad in any seat and doesn't have that horrible turnaround. If you want a rough ride, The Runaway Mine Train is MUCH worse then Rolling Thunder.

Good thing the runaway mine train had a long wait otherwise i would have rode it. Is green lantern worth my time the next time i go?

^Yes! People on here are going to tell you that it's rough, but I've never experienced headbanging or even the B&M rattle on it. My left leg always goes numb right after the inclined loop, it's a really forceful ride! Definitely get on it, it's a lot of fun and a really well-laid-out ride.

If you've never been on a stand up, Green Lanterns a lot of fun. The back rows can be extremely rough, but the middle is OK. The fronts offers a very cool view. Try to ride right after opening or in the late afternoon to avoid the long lines.

Edit: Depending on your height you may have a lot of head banging. The inclined loops the worst spot.

If you've never been on a stand up, Green Lanterns a lot of fun. The back rows can be extremely rough, but the middle is OK. The fronts offers a very cool view. Try to ride right after opening or in the late afternoon to avoid the long lines.

Edit: Depending on your height you may have a lot of head banging. The inclined loops the worst spot.

I've been on Mantis at Cedar Point. It wasn't rough but it was very slow! I didn't get any head banging but got a lot of spots on that ride where I fell onto the shoulder harness because it was so slow! I know green lantern does not have the brake on the drop of the ride. Hopefully that makes it go a lot faster!

^Yes! People on here are going to tell you that it's rough, but I've never experienced headbanging or even the B&M rattle on it.

The way some people exaggerate how rough a coaster is, they would probably be able to make a 747 sound like a hot air balloon. B&M rattle is especially rich. For years I thought that meant what happens if your diet consists of nickels dimes and quarters.