California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: aueft and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby IronWolfman » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm

How is the Fast Pass operations at CGA? I'm thinking of getting of one when I go in 2013 if the lines aren't long, but I don't like the idea of Fastlane not merging with the normal line before the station. Do any ride have the 2 lines not merged?

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sun May 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I myself have become hooked on those flyers. You know you're doing well when you start to scare yourself and have to tone down your flight pattern. Especially when a loud "thump" is heard and felt.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 pm

IronWolfman wrote:How is the Fast Pass operations at CGA? I'm thinking of getting of one when I go in 2013 if the lines aren't long, but I don't like the idea of Fastlane not merging with the normal line before the station. Do any ride have the 2 lines not merged?

Why would you spend the money on an upcharge virtual queue system if the lines aren't long?

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby IronWolfman » Sun May 13, 2012 6:12 pm

^Wait, I worded that incorrectly, if they are long, I'll get it.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rolercstrluvr » Sun May 13, 2012 6:28 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:^I wasn't sure if you could do that at CGA; glad to hear it! The only insane Flyers sessions I've experienced were at Knoebels; otherwise, I'm generally not a fan of the ride type (but will try to check them out more often just in case).

They do have those plastic sign's in the cars saying to not swing violently, but they don't really enforce it. My guess is that the ride-op doesn't know or care.
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Angry_Gumball wrote:Now the Pixtorium really stands out! I'm going to say this will be the ride queue/entrance area.

If we're lucky, it will be the Norway movie from Epcot! ;)

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon May 14, 2012 6:59 am

Angry_Gumball wrote:I myself have become hooked on those flyers. You know you're doing well when you start to scare yourself and have to tone down your flight pattern. Especially when a loud "thump" is heard and felt.

This is exactly what happens to me on Flying Eagles. The only problem about flyers is their low capacity and it usually has a 10 minute wait when there isn't many people in line.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby jab88 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am

XYZ wrote:
Angry_Gumball wrote:I myself have become hooked on those flyers. You know you're doing well when you start to scare yourself and have to tone down your flight pattern. Especially when a loud "thump" is heard and felt.

This is exactly what happens to me on Flying Eagles. The only problem about flyers is their low capacity and it usually has a 10 minute wait when there isn't many people in line.

When I worked at Eagles, we were suppose to try to get people to pair off, to help move the line along. Some would pair off with no problem, mostly adults and some teenagers. The problem though was with some of the younger kids who were tall enough to ride alone would not pair off with their siblings,friends, or parents. They insisted on going alone, further making the wait increase. The ride cycle is about 2 or so minutes, loading/unloading time about 3 minutes, but the ride cycle could be shorter if we decided to stop the ride early.

As for the cables and the snapping/thumps that happen, Generally it is up to the ride operator if they stop it or not. Over the 2 seasons I was there, I had stopped the ride on multiple occasions for violent swinging, in addition to some guests rocking the eagle side to side and told them to not come back to the ride at all for the day, though I'm sure some did after I left.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Well, I guess ride construction couldn't start soon enough, looks like the building permits are set and ready to go:
http://smartpermit.santaclaraca.gov/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=BLD2012-28623

**3rd PARTY** **FAST TRACK** FOUNDATION ONLY Build
New 113-foot high wooden roller coaster.

I guess this could be CGA's tallest roller coaster :)

So would this probably apply to the whole setting up the footers and whatnot for the ride? Soon, it will go vertical. I can't wait to watch this coaster progress since the only coaster I've seen built was V2 at SFDK, which wasn't a whole lot to see due to its simplistic structure.

I'm going to throw this out there but this seems to make sense. On the last update on the permit center site, it mentioned about target end date was the 16th of this month for the rough grading. On the current update for the foundation, it appears that the target end date is 1 month from now, 6/13/12. So with this said and if my understanding is right, I'd expect to see some 'real' construction begin next month!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Wow, this is even cooler than before!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!