TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

I don't know if anybody's seen this video yet, but it's a great video of the ride testing from great angles. It looks like a fantastic addition to the park, and the layout looks quite fun.

But listen to those wheels!

I actually think they're trying to recreate the sound of mating manta rays. That's just what I heard though.....

Man I really want to ride one of these Mack launched/mega coasters or mega-lites. They look like a lot of fun, and though this ride seems to be a little slow towards the end of the first half, it has a good looking second half. Sure it's not Blue Fire, and there appears to be little airtime, but it looks like a great family ride and hopefully this will start a little trend here in the U.S of Mack coasters. I've never been to SWSD, but this looks like one quality ride for the park!

Is it just me or does it look like there is still a LOT of work to be done. I mean were less than 20 days from being open to the public and this still looks like a full blown construction site. Verbolten has looked completed for almost a month now. It'll be interesting to see the progress over the next 2 weeks

Is it just me or does it look like there is still a LOT of work to be done. I mean were less than 20 days from being open to the public and this still looks like a full blown construction site. Verbolten has looked completed for almost a month now. It'll be interesting to see the progress over the next 2 weeks

Every time I've gone I've thought that, but the progress they can make in one week amazes me. Since the track completed, construction really has accelerated. They are really running short on time though (which means we're close to riding it!)

^ they are definitly going to post a video... this pic looks very much after a frame frome an interlaced video.

And about the sounds you hear.... they are just because of the new (rubber) wheels and it will go away after some time! I know this because Bluefire made the same sounds in the beginning (testing-phase) and because one Mack guy answered/commented to the video on youtube and said the same.... I always thought the wheels looks more like rubber, so maybe this is the reason why BlueFire sounded like this, is ultrasmooth and looses so much speed. In this videos it looks the same, fast in the first part, but looses much speed in the second part, till the next launch of course .

But this ride really looks good and a fun (family-)ride, i hope i sometimes will get the chance to ride it.

Its funny a lot of people who don't know anything about coasters on Facebook are talking crap on Manta over this video, saying its small and has no loops. This just makes me angry, loops are overrated (pretzel loop excluded). I'll take 2 launches any day over a bunch of loops, they actually give you a good feeling

^Don't take comments you read on Facebook too seriously. There is a reason there is a thread on here dedicated to stupid sh*t that people post on Facebook.

And yes I agree with you. Loops do not make a roller coaster, but that's what a lot of non-enthusiasts want.

Edited by ernierocker

Its funny a lot of people who don't know anything about coasters on Facebook are talking crap on Manta over this video, saying its small and has no loops. This just makes me angry, loops are overrated (pretzel loop excluded). I'll take 2 launches any day over a bunch of loops, they actually give you a good feeling

so true

but hey, if they don't like Manta, they don't have to ride Manta! Makes the queue shorter for us

I don't know why I love the way this coaster looks so much... Maybe it's because it looks like a mini Cheetah Hunt! This looks like an awesome attraction for SWSD and I can't wait to see a POV or hear about the "tunnel" part.

I find it funny that Sea Busch World Entertainment Parks with Gardens (or whatever they call themselves this week) has installed 3 multi-launched coasters over the last 2 years and none of them are the same manufacturer... It's like they couldn't decide which one to go with so they picked em all.

...which I personally view as an amazing strategy. Their other parks can only benefit from it in the future! (Plus, I'm sure they'll all be great rides...though I did find Cheetah Hunt to be a bit underwhelming compared to its statistics.)