TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Don't want to open a new topic for my question, so hopefully someone will help me out here.

I'll be in Seaworld Orlando on Thursday May 31 from 9AM (will be there before opening) till about 3.30PM. I want to do the following:

Kraken (re-rides?)

Manta (re-rides?)

Journey To Atlantis

Feeding Dolphins

Wild Arctic

Shamu Express

Shamu show (One Ocean)

--> Am I missing something important?

I'd like to get the most out of my day, so please comment on my plan of attack:

1) Manta, right after park opening, maybe a re-ride depending on crowds

2) Journey To Atlantis

3) Kraken

4) Dolphin feeding area (if we still have time)

5) 12.00: Shamu show

6) Wild Arctic + Shamu Express (credit)

7) Another walk around the park to check some aquariums, enjoy the atmosphere, and get to the dolphin feeding area if we run out of time in the morning.

Depending on how busy the park is, we could also do the Blue Horizons dolphin show at 2.

Is this realistic? Is it a good choice to go to Manta first, or should we pick Kraken or Journey?

How likely is the Shamu show to be full at noon? We have binoculars so we don't really care about having the best seats.

Thanks in advance.

I'd really recommend seeing the Dolphin show, Blue Horizons. It was by far my favorite show when I just went. The sea lion show is pretty cool too.

I don't know anything about what crowds would be like, but you've got the order of things pretty well planned out. From my trip at the start of March the park could be crowded, but crowds centered around shows with pretty short lines for all the rides.

^^^If it ends up being super crowded you can always buy the express passes. The only suggestion I would have is to move Shamu Express earlier in the day or super late. It can get pretty crowded midday.

I'm not sure how early dolphin feedings start but you could easily move that up earlier in the day and you might avoid some of the crowds that gather for that. It's not far from Manta and would be a good stop after riding that before heading back to Atlantis and Kraken. The lines can get pretty long later in the day for the dolphin feeding from what I've seen lately and it's definitely an experience you should try to do. I think you should still be ok with the crowds at the back of the park if you did the dolphins after Manta. And like Elissa said, if crowds are bad, quick queue is your friend.

True - World's first could very well mean something that is transparent to the customer

False - It was a sock puppet show at Parque Espana.

Although the Parque Espana attraction did have stools to sit on, so maybe it the world's first attraction of this kind where you have to stand up.

I don't suppose the ride at parque espana was anything like this was it Larry?: http://www.seoulland.co.kr/joy/playing_profile.asp?idx=68&flashcode=1_4_6_0

This is Seoul Lands 5D attraction and it was all around and sitting on stalls like you said, I saw the freakiest movie in this attraction... it was set in a hospital where bloodied children were crying and throwing their severed heads at you which would float between stools, and vines with thorns that came right between your eyes.... I thought it was playing one of the more friendlier films like shown in the picture.... The 3d was all around but it wasn't quite seamless it didn't go all the way to the top and if you looked at one area of the circular area (like in the picture) where the image started and stopped overlapped so it wasn't quite seamless

I'm just anxious to see what kind of ride this new Antarctica "penguin-based" ride will be like. Obviously, it will take place in water, but the type of boat that's in the preview picture, may look like a river rapids ride (which would be neat, if it was all centered around the Antarctic/cuddly penguins!). I can't really grasp my hands around it being a log flume, considering they already have Journey to Atlantis in the park. The only other thing I could think of is if its just a tame ride that happens to take place in the water to guide you through, which easily could be the case. Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots of speculation going on as to what this ride will become in the next following year!

I'm not sure how early dolphin feedings start but you could easily move that up earlier in the day and you might avoid some of the crowds that gather for that.

I don't know if they still do the Dolphin Feeding the way they did it when I was last there, but I would absolutely suggest doing that as one of the first things! They are 'starved' for attention early in the day and are more playful with guests.

I'm just anxious to see what kind of ride this new Antarctica "penguin-based" ride will be like. Obviously, it will take place in water, but the type of boat that's in the preview picture, may look like a river rapids ride (which would be neat, if it was all centered around the Antarctic/cuddly penguins!). I can't really grasp my hands around it being a log flume, considering they already have Journey to Atlantis in the park. The only other thing I could think of is if its just a tame ride that happens to take place in the water to guide you through, which easily could be the case. Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots of speculation going on as to what this ride will become in the next following year!

I feel like it's more likely a dark ride than one on water especially looking at the second car, prehaps trackless on a floor thats made to look as if you are going around over the ice. Although anything is possible.

Turtle Trek was awesome and is a huge improvement over the previous manatee exhibit. I was there for media day as well, and how awesome is it to have a picture of my back on the site I grew up reading FYI I am the guy playing the turtle video game.

Turtle Trek is actually a next generation 360 dome experience from Kraftwerk and is based on the company's Dragon's Treasure installation at Macau's City of Dreams (which is 2D but uses physical props).

One step beyond Turtle Trek is SEAVOLUTION, the German pavilion at Expo 2012 which opened today in Yeosu, South Korea. For their main show, Sky-Skan created a seamless 360 degree digital SPHERE with action happening not only above and around you, but below as well.

http://inparknews.blogspot.com/2012/05/sky-skan-creates-360-degree-digital.html

• 2 weeks later...

I got to check out TurtleTrek this weekend and the attraction exceeded my expectations. I had read mostly positive reviews, but some were negative and said it was a letdown. Well, for me and my party of four it was well worth the 45 minute wait. I have only 2 complaints: 1) You get almost no time to look in the manatee tank unless you happen to get stopped next to it. We were stopped around the corner, and by the time we got to see the tank we were ushered up to the upper level and into the turtle tank room. Also, the upper area is a ways back from the tank and you will have an inferior view compared to the lower area. 2) The presenters voice volume is a bit too low in the staging area. He is explaining what a turtle goes through and what you will see in the dome, and his voice can barely rise above the chatter in this room. Mainly this is due to being right in front of a tank with kids and parents pointing at things left and right. It's very noisy in there, and they should raise the volume so that people who want to listen can do so more easily.

On the plus side it was very comfortable temperature-wise throughout the attraction. I had read a complaint that it was stuffy, crowded, and smelly in the the staging area or dome. The staging area was crowded, but were no issues with stuffiness or body odor in the rooms.

Once in the dome there was enough elbow room to move around a bit and see everything easily. We were in the center ring and this is definitely where you want to be. Once the movie started, a little boy immediately started crying, so reports of some kids being scared are true. However, luckily there were no other dissenters in the room. The movie itself was great...good animation and exciting from start to finish. It was a nice length too. The main attraction was the new 3D dome technology, and I'd have to say this is the most immersive stationary attraction I have ever experienced. Aside from the obligatory things coming straight at you, some scenes had marine life which appeared to hover above you and move through the middle of the room, exactly how I had envisioned and hoped it would look. This is some impressive technology.

After the movie ends, you can view the tanks from above and look at turtles and manatees meander about their beautiful lagoon habitat. The rest of the park looked great as always. SeaWorld is in good hands these days...can't wait for Antarctica next year.

I did experience some of the negative aspects that people have described but I know they will work it out. I spend a lot of time there and it never dissappoints. The visual aspect of the dome is pretty damn good, you can see real potential here for future attractions.

Looking forward to Summer Nights. Awesome time for locals to get out and enjoy the park. The automatic flex pay option for Seaworld and Busch Gardens is like stealing if you're local.

Just got an email from Discovery Cove letting me know that effective immediately, Discovery Cove now comes with a 14 day ticket to Aquatica AND Sea World rather than making you choose. What a deal.

Discovery Cove has sent us a press release about a new all-inclusive ticket package they are offering with purchase of admission to Discovery Cove.

Discovery Cove is offering the ultimate vacation for Orlando visitors with the introduction of a new, all-inclusive package: A day at Discovery Cove now includes unlimited admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica, SeaWorld’s waterpark.

These three parks -- Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Aquatica -- are now known collectively as SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando, the only place in the world that features unique adventures that connect families with animals, the sea and each other. It’s the one destination in Orlando where animals are the highlight and includes preferred hotel stays and exclusive benefits.

“This new offer is incredible for guests because it allows them to explore Discovery Cove for the day and also enjoy SeaWorld and Aquatica during their Orlando vacation, so they can experience the amazing animal connections that all of our parks deliver in their own way.” said Toni Caracciolo, Marketing Vice President for SeaWorld Parks & Resorts. “It also solidifies the Discovery Cove reservation as a true, all-inclusive package,” she added.

At Discovery Cove, guests can enjoy a perfect day swimming with dolphins, snorkeling with rays and tropical fish, hand-feeding exotic birds, and relaxing on pristine beaches … and that’s just the beginning.

Opening later this summer at Discovery Cove is Freshwater Oasis, where guests can wade, relax and come face-to-face with new animals -- playful otters and curious marmosets. Plus, with unlimited admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for 14 consecutive days, guests have the ultimate flexibility to live the 3D 360 journey at TurtleTrek, SeaWorld’s newest attraction, and then cool off at Aquatica, a one-of-a-kind waterpark that immerses them in the playfulness of the sea.

Starting at $229, Dolphin Swim Day Resort Packages at Discovery Cove now include:

• Reserved dolphin experience
  • Unlimited access to signature experiences including: The Grand Reef, free-flight Explorer’s Aviary, Serenity Bay, Wind-Away River and coming soon Freshwater Oasis
  • Freshly prepared breakfast and lunch plus snacks throughout the day
  • Beverages all day long, including sodas, water and alcoholic drinks
  • All swim gear (mask, snorkel, and swim vest or wetsuit), towels, locker, sunscreen and other first-class amenities
  • All day self-parking at Discovery Cove
  • A complimentary photo portrait of guest and their party upon entry to park
  • A pass for 14 consecutive days of unlimited admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica in Orlando before, during or after Discovery Cove visit.

Guests that have already booked Discovery Cove reservations on or after May 22 and who have selected SeaWorld Orlando or Aquatica with their reservation will automatically have access to both parks during their vacation. For reservations and to learn more, visit DiscoveryCove.com or call 1-877-434-7268.

DC_Dolphin_Interation.thumb.jpg.55a305042fbb00154f954bc068218587.jpg

Dolphin_Plunge.thumb.jpg.1f07ab3c37c611d00e6145b67048ac97.jpg

2137755399_FRESHW1.thumb.JPG.cb32ddde82f88274ab1c557b66d6963f.JPG

646480754_FRESHW3.thumb.JPG.6af5086e7f4173c8a2371da6c48f30ee.JPG

1798947239_1TurtleTrekHorizontalTurtleHabitat.thumb.jpg.1850927addeeae6d940709d2b4757916.jpg

1591090677_2TurtleTrekVertical.thumb.jpg.ec4b73f66b74c105544dfb860ec982f6.jpg

1212425912_3TurtleTrekMovie.thumb.jpg.d14bb1ece3e0fa08a6f018ce00fa5770.jpg

Walkabout_Waters.thumb.jpg.b9cd1f2464b10bdeca5dab8ca4b655bd.jpg

Double_Wave_Pool_Scope.thumb.jpg.4ab0fd68e1233545fd53befd08a4bf86.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release regarding the start of their popular Summer Nights offerings!

Summer Nights at SeaWorld is a nighttime spectacular that only SeaWorld could create, and the best place to be in Central Florida when the sun sets. Waves of fun wash over the park with incredible shows, an all-new attraction, thrilling coasters under the stars, and a nightly fireworks and fountain finale.

During Summer Nights –- June 23 through August 12 -- SeaWorld is open until 10 p.m., providing even more time for guests to play.

Headlining Summer Nights is the all-new TurtleTrek, where guests can live the miraculous 3D 360 journey of a sea turtle; Shamu Rocks, a larger-than-life experience where guests jam to a rock-n-roll beat and watch as whales perform amazing behaviors; Sea Lions Tonite, a hilarious, satirical show featuring Clyde and Seamore that will have everyone in stitches; and Reflections, the sky-filling fireworks and fountains finale that ends the night with a bang.

Summer Nights at SeaWorld, plus the amazing, new TurtleTrek – the only attraction of its kind in the world – coupled with amazing admission offers and values, makes the park a must-see for locals and residents this summer. The best admission deals can be found online by visiting SeaWorldOrlando.com.

Additional details:

All-new: TurtleTrek

SeaWorld Orlando’s newest attraction, TurtleTrek, comes to life with SeaWorld’s unique blend of up-close encounters with manatees and sea turtles and state-of-the art entertainment, making for a real adventure and a first-of-its-kind 3D 360 degree dome theater film that is completely surrounding and immersive.

Shamu Rocks

Rock the night away with Shamu during this spectacular whale show with more flash – and certainly more splash – than a rock concert. Shamu Rocks is a high-energy celebration of unprecedented proportions, combining awe-inspiring whales with a stunning light show, water fountain display and music from some of the hottest rock stars in the industry.

Sea Lions Tonite

SeaWorld’s popular sea lion comedic duo takes the laughs into the night. Hilarious hijinks ensue in this evening show as the park’s talented sea lions, otters and walrus parody other favorite daytime SeaWorld shows and attractions. And this year, a new spoof based on the park’s newest attraction – TurtleTrek -- will keep guests laughing all night long.

Reflections: Fireworks and Fountains Show Finale

SeaWorld is showcased in a whole new light during this spectacular celebration of soaring fountains and dazzling fireworks. A newly arranged soundtrack features the thrilling and inspirational music of SeaWorld’s most popular shows, including segments of the incredible score from TurtleTrek. Families and friends will experience a wondrous connection that lights the night like never before.

Manta

An even more extraordinary sensation by moonlight, Manta lets you find out what it’s like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant ray when you experience the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world at nighttime, under the stars.

Summer Nights VIP Tour

Experience the highlights of SeaWorld Summer Nights, VIP-style. This six-hour, guided tour includes an opportunity to feed dolphins, front-of-the-line access to our most popular rides, including Manta, and reserved seating at our exhilarating night shows, Shamu Rocks and Reflections. Included with the tour is the convenient, all-you-care-to-eat All Day Dining Deal, where you and your family can enjoy all of your favorite foods from your favorite participating restaurants!

For more information visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.

1952722612_ShamuRocks.thumb.JPG.641956839322ccde94ea29156c3511ef.JPG

http://www.insideseaworld.com/seaworld-orlandos-turtletrek-webisode-6-creating-audio

Learn how the audio, score and amazing soundtrack were created for SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek -- the world's first 3D 360 dome theater experience. TurtleTrek's Creative Director reveals the ins and outs of the sound mixing process to create the incredible movie soundtrack as well as all the pieces involved in producing the inspiring "Journey On" song. Take a look...

SeaWorld Orlando has given us some new press releases regarding the latest offerings at Aquatica!

Aquatica, a one-of-a-kind waterpark that immerses guests in the playfulness of the sea, introduces a new Weekday Pass that allows guests to enjoy unlimited weekday access through Dec. 31, 2012.

Aquatica takes guests in, over and under the water with the world’s most unique water rides such as Omaka Rocka, and amazing animal encounters with Commerson’s dolphins, exotic birds and more!

The blending of up-close animal experiences and waters from serene to extreme is what makes Aquatica so unique. It also features, high-speed thrills and wide, sandy beaches to create unlimited fun for all ages. Guests can experience Aquatica’s 38 thrilling water slides, rivers and lagoons, side-by-side wave pools and two interactive water playgrounds designed for the littlest of swimmers.

And with the Weekday Pass, guests can play every weekday this summer, and for the rest of the year, for just $59.99 plus tax. There’s even an option to purchase a weekend day for just $15 when you show your Weekday Pass at the front gate.

Visit AquaticaBySeaWorld.com for all of the details.

Aquatica will now offer "Learn to Swim" lessons!

How many people can say that they learned how to swim at Aquatica in Orlando? Now offering lessons for every skill level, there’s no better place to learn than at SeaWorld’s one-of-a-kind water park!

Aquatica’s “Learn to Swim” lessons* are 45-minutes long and taught by American Red Cross certified instructors. Unintentional drowning is the leading cause of death in children ages 1-4 in the state of Florida, but with classes to accommodate varying levels of swim experience, your children can easily build confidence in the water. Little swimmers will love learning basic aquatic skills like blowing bubbles and treading water, while advanced classes focus on specific skills such as arm strokes and leg kicks, as well as some emergency assist techniques.

Our week-long classes are only $49.99 for each student or $44.99 for Pass Members. Admission is not required, but enrollment is limited to six students per class, so be sure to sign up early. Click here to learn more information and to book your spot today!

* Inclement weather may impact swim lessons. Make-up classes may be scheduled if classes are cancelled due to weather.

And now there's a combo ticket for SeaWorld and Aquatica for Florida Residents!

$99.99 SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica Orlando Combo Ticket for Florida Residents

Heading to SeaWorld this summer for Summer Nights? Take advantage of our new Florida resident combo ticket - one visit to SeaWorld and one visit to Aquatica, where you can experience the best of both of our amazing parks! Play all day splashing side-by-side with the sea one day at Aquatica, then visit SeaWorld another day for a day of amazing shows, exhilarating coasters and Summer Nights adventures. This amazing deal is only $99.99 plus tax and is not available at the gate, so be sure to purchase online in advance.‬

Pricing

$99.99 plus tax adults (ages 10 and up)

$91.99 plus tax children (ages 3 – 9)

How to Purchase

Advance purchase only. Guests can purchase on aquaticabyseaworld.com, seaworldorlando.com or by calling 1-888-800-5447. This offer is not available at the Front Gate.

1699376262_20100409_OmakaRocka_01_v3_1.thumb.jpg.a733f3f0c90b8d3e43a5932bc4185eff.jpg

1816369767_OmakaRockacloseup.thumb.jpg.758569dcb0a749e4943966d5000b2cb0.jpg

Dolphin_Plunge.thumb.jpg.5d886c3df34cafab80feb4fc5917697c.jpg

Double_Wave_Pool_Scope.thumb.jpg.ce552a3417a652b51229a09d08b0d9e0.jpg

203614166_TaumataRacer.thumb.jpg.7542b82bb1e98b0eeeb1360a631f15e4.jpg

Walkabout_Waters.thumb.jpg.69b75faedff04b3c1d5a453a2a856b15.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 2 weeks later...

On Friday I had the chance to attend a special "Splash-Up" event at Aquatica, SeaWorld Orlando's water park. I've always been a fan of this water park (it is actually my favorite one in Orlando) so it was a pleasure to be invited back to represent Theme Park Review for this media event!

The event's focus was meant to allow the media to get a feel for the water park, including some of the newer offerings like Omaka Rocka, and more recently the introduction of the Weekday Pass, the new "Learn-to-Swim" lessons and the SeaWorld/Aquatica combo tickets for Florida Residents. The day included a tour of the entire water park, a brief look at the swim lessons and access to the park's newly updated Banana Beach Cook-Out including all day, all-you-care-to-eat food and beverages!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Bryan_Nadeau_Interview_6e2q[/coastertube]

DSC03022.JPG.49df5d61ad8ed69752ed157f4cdbe682.JPG

This is why we're here!

DSC03023.JPG.79aba999636b46c029e6a871baf9b7a9.JPG

We were able to watch the completion of one of the new "Learn-to-Swim" lessons offered at Aquatica.

DSC03025.JPG.e340d35c99a6f14fbda027b66017bc96.JPG

The lessons are split between five sessions, and all lessons are completed with the aid of the same lifeguard throughout the course.

DSC03029.JPG.b3561c3ddb7fad7d507f8472a6c57555.JPG

If you or your children are in need of swimming lessons, I highly recommend checking out Aquatica's unique course.

DSC03039.JPG.95d588658b760b2f4790c4c477534422.JPG

Aquatica's Vice President Bryan Nadeau welcomed us to the park and answered any questions we might have (see video above).

DSC03044.JPG.94adc2ab4f46c1003522ae63c3789e04.JPG

And as the SeaWorld parks always know how to throw a media event, they brought out our favorite animal, the sloth!

DSC03046.JPG.0aa2b3ff0efbe106a821b05614ca9066.JPG

He's the real reason we're here!

DSC03049.JPG.076c74bc127403f7e54679d5d3d856ea.JPG

Oh yeah, something else that is fairly new at Aquatica? Coca-Cola products served in the parks!

We approve!

DSC03053.JPG.b4cc4eef94640f6104ef11a951c5708f.JPG

The sloth enjoyed his visit to the Banana Beach Cook-Out too!

DSC03063.JPG.769d8669358794a92a1d68de221ed2ad.JPG

Aquatica has two adjacent wave pools, each running their own unique programs. Even more cool, those programs change from day to day!

DSC03069.JPG.0dd1cb0581efab500398b41ccb2b4f14.JPG

Whanau Way and Omaka Rocka share the same tower complex but have separate entrances.

DSC03071.JPG.84bde4f889e2b4b8e102b4dfd650406f.JPG

The Kiwi Market is also a new addition to the park, opening for the first time on the day of our visit... The real reason why we're here!

DSC03073.JPG.9ec5e0535040e5c220b222d93d9cb04c.JPG

Tassie Twister, the park's two bowl slides are accessible by crossing the park's lazy river.

DSC03075.JPG.358af1155caa8bc822f6d44889d490bf.JPG

The Banana Beach Cook-Out is the park's all day buffet that recently received a menu overhaul. It originally featured hamburgers and hot dogs along with more BBQ related food items. Now it is a pizza, pasta and salad bar with additional items including roasted chicken, potatoes, and desserts.

DSC03083.JPG.d706355d22e1f461771394d52e2d45d5.JPG

Time for some rider shots!

DSC03088.JPG.45aafed704abe7dcac535f6435e08409.JPG

DSC03089.JPG.b66daaf490af4d84eb8f482813645509.JPG

Here they come!

DSC03091.JPG.a7ad4d72e51bd19d80d03d06cf3a0a27.JPG

Another awesome slide complex!

DSC03092.JPG.5f241b6e869929a3df7e1462f7dd6e5a.JPG

Aquatica is extremely picturesque!

DSC03102.JPG.eedf30967a58d7d970b77c3bafb0c4e1.JPG

Walkabout Waters is sure to provide lots of wet play experiences thanks to its many fountains, jets and two huge tipping buckets.

DSC03105.JPG.a169e1f71fa6018e06aa93de898ff6d6.JPG

No lemon slushies here, but they've got plenty of other delicious options to enjoy!

DSC03106.JPG.4c4cc29a16b710fcebc9e4e6d554bfdc.JPG

And now I present...

DSC03109.JPG.7f115748e2d44376643daabb9070f593.JPG

Very good food!

DSC03110.JPG.a03102084a73d996bd89698532865552.JPG

I highly recommend the Banana Beach Cook-Out for any prospective visitor to Aquatica. It includes all day access to food at this location, as well as (non-alcoholic) beverages throughout the park.

DSC03119.JPG.b7518188098bd3db6e9d3c56d3efd088.JPG

Going down!

DSC03121.JPG.3184fbbd4e22149fd004441cd5d0f406.JPG

Aquatica has a beauty to it thanks to its wonderful set of color schemes matched with lush foliage and landscaping. You really are transported out of the Orlando environment while here.

DSC03124.JPG.3f5bb231c720161eb8a928ea4e181f68.JPG

Omaka Rocka features transparent slides that allow the passerby to witness riders sliding along.

DSC03135.JPG.0c62e6af2cb6b19b5d600adcdcc240aa.JPG

Roa's Rapids, the park's "action river" is the most popular attraction here, seeing more guests daily than either of the two wave pools.

DSC03138.JPG.601c36e2f6e5224531c7dcc04e891955.JPG

The Taumata Racer is the park's most white-knuckle thrill and offers a neat racing dynamic paired with a fun drop riding on slide mats.

DSC03140.JPG.6a07eb497c0602b06e66d104bc093dd6.JPG

Be forewarned: It is near impossible to escape this slide without a plume of water in the face.

DSC03165.JPG.0c3a6843a31dcae74ea84b314d2a1d1b.JPG

See what I mean?

DSC03173.JPG.cf12ff0038bbe30c1ea52dabc7e0590e.JPG

Some people leave behind a water trail as well!

DSC03178.JPG.a925e343fb56a42f096328f534a285ef.JPG

Here is the park's signature slide complex, Dolphin Plunge.

DSC03179.JPG.42baf3dbbeef12f90b6f9bf6097d6cdf.JPG

The slide complex is the park's most signature offering because the slides pass through a tank with Commerson's Dolphins.

DSC03184.JPG.79fa61b81199f5b49468478ee496ffa2.JPG

Here you can see one of the Commerson's Dolphins, the Dolphin Plunge slide and the Loggerhead Lane lazy river in the background.

DSC03185.JPG.03a71a98a7e07f7acdfe3f04d9fb966a.JPG

Found at the front of the park, there are many angles to view this slide, and all of them look great!

DSC03187.JPG.418f964aec9c8f28a1b2441ee7269e83.JPG

Tassie Twister can also be seen at the front of the park and it blends in really well!

DSC03192.JPG.018ec550be34810326816478a9210e7d.JPG

One lucky rider got an up-and-close flyby with the Commerson's Dolphin.

DSC03210.JPG.c4c04f3b234a755b975e759841be222b.JPG

It is a neat sensation to quickly sink beneath the water without being fully submerged.

DSC03222.JPG.ee1a3edd847f540372dae5e6b64f6ff6.JPG

Posing for the camera?

DSC03280.JPG.62d9b2ef6a29beed8dd83706139541dc.JPG

This park was designed with photographers in mind!

DSC03281.JPG.56e616d1e56a3a0208a8127d9afcc739.JPG

I believe that this is the reason the lazy river is called Loggerhead Lane.

DSC03284.JPG.404a0983f2f3e8220d846b5c1de67ce5.JPG

DSC03286.JPG.6aec3e7fd50174e24b7b8eeeb8d15699.JPG

Aquatica also recently launched the Discovery Dollars cashless payment system for their park.

DSC03287.JPG.b9041f95d7d650a9de02f15e02a15a9f.JPG

Time to make our way out for the day...

DSC03289.JPG.b4b16ee08900e30c75e973815c50448c.JPG

Special thanks to Aquatica for inviting Theme Park Review (and myself) to attend their media "Splash-Up!"

If you haven't had the chance to, come check out Aquatica! It is seriously an incredible water park and a definite must-do when visiting Orlando!

Great pictures Adam, Aquatica is a great water park. I have always loved the entrance to that park the multiple levels between the entrance path, Dolphin Plunge, the commerson's tank, and the lazy river make that are so dynamic. Omaka Rocka always looked like a weird slide, I haven't been back since it opened but I have a feeling when I do I'm going to think it is kinda lame.