WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 177: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge officially opens on 8/29/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby JamesD » Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Well you can buy a Tron Light Cycle...so I guess sure why not..
Real Tron Light Cycle for Sale

There is tons of things I do not understand how Theme Parks sell so many...but I know for a fact sell faster then buffet tickets for an ACE event..

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Wed May 09, 2012 9:08 am

This isn't worth it. They make full size ones, however. Kevin and Olivia on Attack of the Show had full size ones made. I can't find anything about the company, so maybe they are out of business. I recall them not being absurdly expensive. This looks crazy expensive, especially since it seems the only unique part of the sculpt is the face. So you are buying a $10 figure, with a 1/2" uniquely sculpted face, that probably isn't very detailed, or lifelike.

-RO

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 09, 2012 9:10 am

^Are we sure the only unique part is the face? That does seem to be a bit of a bummer. I guess we may have to wait till Adam buys 3 or 4 to see if he can do different poses with his body.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rastuso » Wed May 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm assuming that from the picture. The large ones had unique hands too, but this one looks to have hands similar to the movie. They should at least offer a variety of pre-made hand poses, but I definitely wouldn't expect them to be uniquely scanning/casting hands.

-RO

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/build-your-droid-at-the-droid-factory-coming-to-tatooine-traders-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

sdf138969LARGE.jpg
Ever since I was a little boy, I’ve dreamed of owning my own droid just like Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. Granted, I also wanted to learn the ways of the Force, but I think having an Astromech droid will be slightly easier with the Droid Factory experience launching during Star Wars Weekends 2012. Fans will be able to build and name their own R-series Astromech droid action figures. I spoke with product developer Cody Hampton who said this experience was in development for three years!

“We began discussing the Droid Factory in 2009,” explained Cody. “We know that personalization is an important aspect of the popular build-your-own light saber experience. We felt the same thing could be done with action figures but on a much larger scale.”
sdf268461LARGE.jpg

Large scale indeed – the Droid Factory has 71 different pieces to create the 3 ¾-inch figures! To get started, guests chose a dome, a body and legs offered in a variety of colors and styles (Cody said that availability of various parts and colors may change). There are optional third legs and novelty hats that can be added.

“We wanted lots of options for [the Droid Factory],” continued Cody. “There are literally thousands of combinations making each droid unique. Guests can also name their droids with sticker sheets provided at checkout.”

Three domes – R6, R8 and R9 – were created exclusively for this experience at Disney Parks. Cody also told me the multi-colored ear hats were inspired by Jedi Mickey’s Astromech droid, R2-MK. Four additional hats arrive later this summer including a Goofy hat, a pirate hat, a fedora and a Yoda cap.
sdf398419LARGE.jpg

Droids will be sold either in single or dual packs (the latter has a value price). They can also be used with the playsets we’ve created like the Starspeeder 1000.
sdf459731LARGE.jpg

Cody and fellow developer Brad Schoeneberg built Astromech droids for this article.

“My favorite droid is named R7-C4,” Cody continued. “He has an orange body like my favorite clone trooper, Commander Cody. He wears the Yoda cap as a nod to the actual hat created in the 1980s when I fell in love with Star Wars.”

Brad built R9-EIU in honor of Eastern Illinois University, where he completed his bachelor’s degree. He explained, “[The droid] would have been great to have around while I was in school.”

I can’t wait to create one for my office. Happy building!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Wes » Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 am

This should be called "Put a stupid hat on a Droid Factory"

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:03 am

But celebrities wear that hat! Even Joey Fatone! :lol:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Thu May 10, 2012 9:05 am

I do not like other people.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 am

You can put a stupid hat on Joey Fatone, and guess what? He's still freakin sexy as hell Joey Fatone!!!! :lover:

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu May 10, 2012 9:25 am

^ How about after he gets eaten by a shark?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!