TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

^

Looks a lot better than Pilgrim's Plunge!

Seriously, it's a water ride and will feel great on those hot Italian days!

Sounds like the Italians may be getting a bit greedy...you've gotten a new park, Intamin Launched and the first B&M Wingrider all in the last few years, be happy!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like always, be patient and wait for more testing to occur. They aren't going to run the ride at full speed for the first few runs. And like Robb said, this is a water ride with a coaster portion. It should be a great addition to what looks like an amazing park. You should feel lucky to get such an unique attraction!

Edited by ernierocker

I really shouldn't be complaining either; I'll probably never ride the thing anyway.

Curious - are the boats on Pilgrims Plunge and Shoot the Rapids articulated like the boats on Divertical? I noticed in the photos and video that the boats twist in between two of the rows.

Woah, sorry Elissa! I wasn't rolling eyes at you. I just found it funny that only three posts after you, another post was made that pretty much was the kind of post you were referring to in your own. My sincerest apologies.

In forums like this...you`ll always find people raving...and people complaining.

Everyone who would expect anything else must be a complete idiot

George "totally fed up from this arrogance" T.

You're just looking to get banned from our place, aren't you? Try being more an asshole next time, it will be tough! Thanks!

Oh, and this is your only warning. Next time you're rude to any of us, you're banned. If you think you can just be rude to the people who spend countless hours doing all the work on this site so you can browse it... FOR FREE ... we'll ban you. We're just not going to put up with it. PERIOD!

--Robb "If you don't like the way we run things, I encourage you to LEAVE!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

The brake run is tire driven, so it will most likely be able to launch the boats out at higher speeds than showed in that video.

As for the first half, it looks pretty fun, it will be going faster with actual people/dummies in the boats.

Still thinks this is a great addition to a park with no major family coasters!

Holiday World took a while to get the water level right so the boats could get the right splash down...unfortunately it was painful the first year. They totally get it fixed the second year though, just not that much of a fan of PP. Didn't like the water destroying your face on the drop down; but I'm sure this type of ride could make the best water ride with the right theming.

Considering this is really a water ride, I think it looks pretty good! I like that they gave this a bit more of a layout, as opposed to Pilgrim's Plunge (which I've yet to ride but would like to). And I'm guessing the first drop will likely stay like in the video and skim across the water without much splash. This thing's themed to a speed boat, and when those really get moving that is exactly what they do. I would definitely love to visit Mirabilandia someday, as it looks like a really nice park!

Divertical is looking great and I'm an Intamin fanboy to the max, but to be fair Mack already had the "Water Coaster" (with and without elevator lift) design since '98. Mack maybe would've built one at this height if a park would've requested it.

On the DiVertical blog on Mirabilandia's website they sad this( translated with google): April 29, 2012 is a date to mark in the annals of the history of Wonderland, is the date of the first official tour of Divertical. The first boat was in fact "launched" at a reduced speed for the first full test of the track. Everything succeeded perfectly as planned. The inauguration of Divertical is every day more ...

This is such a huge and wide track that it makes everything look slower than it probably is. Human eye fail?

The width of the track didn't have anything to do with the ride looking slow. It was the fact that the ride was testing at a slow speed that made it look slow.

Here's a better look at last week's test, including a note about the reduced speed of the run.

http://blog.mirabilandia.it/2012/04/30/divertical-primo-lancio-ok/

April 29, 2012 is a date to mark in the annals of the history of Mirabilandia,it is the date of the first official test run of Divertical. The first boat was in fact "launched" at a reduced speed for the first full test of the track. Everything succeeded perfectly as planned. The inauguration of Divertical is getting closer every day.

principale-29-aprile.jpg.fa5219b7bc3e2a946b00e6590571cdba.jpg

29-aprile-4.thumb.jpg.63bbace7440d5b88551c5a4e9e66f807.jpg

29-aprile-5.thumb.jpg.fdf6c5543ecf3717c4cc97da3bc972c1.jpg

29-aprile-8b.thumb.jpg.49a8de547a80ab601744047f7938a690.jpg

29-aprile-11b.thumb.jpg.31f5339eb1f04795124981cb9d3825f2.jpg