TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/shopping-in-darths-mall-for-star-wars-weekends-2012-at-walt-disney-world/

A little while ago, I gave you a peek at some Star Wars Weekends merchandise. Today, I have selected a few of my favorite items coming soon to “Darth’s Mall,” a massive shopping location we’re creating just for Star Wars Weekends.

The striking image of Donald Duck as Darth Maul is a common thread throughout the entire assortment. The artwork above will be used on the two main logo shirts. We will also have shirts with images of Darth Maul from Episode I, including a stunning Passholder exclusive shirt in both men’s and women’s styles. I spent hours around the office, however, wearing one of the best shirts this year — a tee shirt with an image of Darth Vader’s chest, complete with a flowing, detachable cape.

Similar to previous years, there will be open and limited-edition pins, boxed pin sets and a framed pin set. I enjoy the humor found in the “Piece of Death Star” pin (there is not an actual piece, but one can dream). I also like the Chewbacca-inspired, bandolier neck lanyard.

In the Vinylmation galaxy, Maria Clapsis designed six new open edition figures that feature Disney characters portraying Star Wars characters. If you are looking for the second limited release mystery series, you will have to wait until August (trust me, it will be worth it!).

There is a beach towel that looks like the legs of a Jedi Knight (awesome!). There will also be an iPhone 4/4S case, with the fitting edition size of 1,999.

One of the more unique items is an oversized bag that contains a special side pocket to carry either a poster tube (or perhaps a lightsaber!). I also thought the six different phrase buttons were a nice addition this year. Yet I can’t wait to get my Star Tours nametag with my name written in Aurebesh, one of the alphabets used in the Star Wars galaxy.

Finally, we will have three unique action figures including Donald Duck playing Darth Maul and Savage Opress, Darth Maul’s powerful brother from the planet of Dathomir. Savage Opress, who was once also Count Dooku’s secret Sith apprentice, is featured in the animated TV series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Also, look for the limited release figure of Rizzo from The Muppets, portraying Jedi Master Yoda.

sww118932LARGE.jpg.814d4e3a2058395bffe2aa4d4149e92f.jpg

sww228942LARGE.thumb.jpg.b17e7a3f979afbe6613152bddf0b3705.jpg

sww332189LARGE.jpg.e81a676e37c7c8503db6b8de25d75752.jpg

sww442983LARGE.thumb.jpg.18e3de410638abcf3ec0cc26d4a7aa60.jpg

sww558923LARGE.jpg.7b0cb969dc722e9c6413f0fabf4a7fcd.jpg

sww669839LARGE.jpg.e01d93f84b2932768247a1c552a0a589.jpg

sww773298LARGE.jpg.d1b333362a53f3468acb7d559aea0d37.jpg

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/passholder/MMSummer2012.pdf

You Don’t Know Jack...Yet

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow will immerse Guests in a pirate world.

Opening this summer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow has elicited something of a legend of its own. The word around the Parks is that this mysterious new attraction will be a first-of-its-kind sensory experience in which Guests will have the chance to be enveloped by the world of the Pirates of the Caribbean® as seen in the four feature films. Sounds intriguing.

To find out more, we had a chance for a friendly “parley” with Jason Roberts, Walt Disney Imagineering Project Manager and Show Producer for the new attraction. “This is going to be an immersive experience,” Jason told us. “We’ll really delve into the story of Captain Jack Sparrow and put our Guests in the middle of it all in new and exciting ways.

“Story is always the most important thing for us at Walt Disney Imagineering,” Jason continued.

“But we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our Guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow. “It’s not ‘the making of’, not ‘behind the scenes’...it is really a first- person experience.”

Jason wouldn’t divulge any of the state-of-the-art special effect trickery used in the attraction, but he did assure us that the attraction is certain to elicit a “Wow! How’d they do that?” from our Guests.

A long-time fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and films, Jason was delighted at his shot to work on the attraction. “We worked with the archives as well as the filmmakers while they were shooting the last movie,” Jason said. “And as a fan, I just loved sitting through those films again and again, going through all the details and leveraging them for this new experience. It’s really been a blast.”

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/the-legend-of-captain-jack-sparrow-to-open-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-this-fall/

Earlier this week, you may have heard about a new pirate-themed offering coming to Walt Disney World Resort. Well, we can now officially confirm that The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow will open this fall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Details are still emerging, but the attraction will give guests a chance to become immersed in the world of the four “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, and an opening date will be announced later this year.

According to Jason Roberts, show producer for Walt Disney Imagineering, “This is going to be an immersive experience. We’ll really delve into the story of Captain Jack Sparrow and put our guests in the middle of it all in new and exciting ways. Story is always the most important thing for us at Walt Disney Imagineering, but we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow. It’s not ‘the making of,’ not ‘behind the scenes’ … it is really a first-person experience. We worked with the archives as well as the filmmakers while they were shooting the last movie. And as a fan, I just loved sitting through those films again and again, going through all the details and leveraging them for this new experience. It’s really been a blast.”

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates on this and other new projects.

833557325_ScreenShot2012-05-01at11_43_13AM.jpg.d7fcff61ef26655662f518478e912437.jpg

X_Pirates.thumb.jpg.903799616ab64ba8d18b91d1621bf409.jpg

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow debuts this fall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., giving Walt Disney World Resort guests a chance to become immersed in the world of the four “Pirates of the Caribbean” films. Aspiring pirates will experience the story of Jack Sparrow like never before, walking in his footsteps in a first-person experience. The brand new attraction is included with theme park admission and will be located in Soundstage 4, former space of Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^^^I updated the announcement post to include more official Disney information but the most important note is that "The brand new attraction is included with theme park admission and will be located in Soundstage 4, former space of Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian."

Edited by jedimaster1227

In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow

Wonder if this attraction will be sponsored by Alcoholics Anonymous

Cannot wait for this. I love POTC and this could be really awesome for sure.

I think Pirates, even if it is getting a bit long in the tooth, will be a much better draw than the Narnia flicks, which (as far as I know) never generated a lot of excitement.

http://www.starwars.com/news/carbon_freeze_me_star_wars_weekends.html

Coming this year to Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios, you'll have the opportunity to relive the famous carbon freezing scene from The Empire Strikes Back with the "Carbon-Freeze Me" experience. This new experience was created especially for Disney Parks, and is part of our "D-Tech Me" line that uses technology to take personalization to a whole new level.

Using state-of-the-art imaging technology, this experience casts your likeness as a three-dimensional, eight-inch figurine. At the "Carbon Freezing Chamber" (located adjacent to The American Idol Experience), several cameras will capture multiple angles of your face. The images are then reconstructed in a computer for processing, and, in approximately four weeks, the completed figurine is shipped directly to your house.

Each carbonite figurine is $99.95 (plus shipping). You can order additional figurines using the same image scan for $74.95 each. The replica figurine can be hung on a wall, just like the gangster Jabba the Hutt did in Return of the Jedi. Guests also receive a light-up wristband.

The experience will officially open on Friday May 18 with the launch of Star Wars Weekends 2012. Reservations are required and can be made starting Monday, May 7 by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324).

*Please note - Separate Theme Park admission required for Disney's Hollywood Studios. No discounts apply unless otherwise noted. Guests must be at least three (3) years of age to participate. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or in the event a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. Certain restrictions may apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change without notice.

carbon_sm.jpg.9bee6df055849048364b47ea26c4adb5.jpg

carbon.thumb.jpg.755fb6f4001f9c7e8e2b13f734fb8d43.jpg

Like most men of the world, I'm a Star Wars fan, yet nowhere near collector nutjob level. However, this is one of the coolest ideas yet, and I'd definitely love to be "frozen"!

Will it cost extra to respond "I know" to my wife's "I love you" just before the process begins?