Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 34 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Racing for the sky

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlover420 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:44 pm

^With it being mentioned that they get "choice of seats, first come first serve" I would imagine it is exit access, since there is no choice using the freeway lanes.
~Signature~

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Very happy to see the lighting return to Millennium Force like it was the first few years it opened. It really is the most stunning light show on any roller coaster. Now I can just imagine what Power Tower will look like when it gets its new lighting. CP will definitely have one of the more amazing night time skylines ever.

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:36 pm

coasterlover420 wrote:^With it being mentioned that they get "choice of seats, first come first serve" I would imagine it is exit access, since there is no choice using the freeway lanes.
I was told by my manager that, the new CEO did not want 'Fast Lane' to be an exit pass. But I guess things do change.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:42 pm

There are too many mixed sources at the moment to really be sure about any of this...someone will have to report back this coming week :P
~Signature~

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:49 pm

To be fair with non-Fast Lane users, I really wish the park would merge the Fast Lane users in the station like they are doing at Kings Dominion. Luckily I will definitely be getting a Fast Lane wristband when I go to the park, but it would really tick me off if I was a local and they allowed Fast Lane users to walk right up and pick my row that I was next for...

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby IrishBuckeye » Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 am

for the fast lane info, sounds good, my only concern is how much this will affect the regular guests. Since the fast lane guests have first priority on row selection, does this mean that you might be "next in line" for a given row in the regular queue, and then get passed over like 20 times in a row for fast lane guests if these are a large amount of fast lane guests all riding the same ride? Or will they at least try to rotate the regular guests in a decent amount of the time so the regular guests aren't standing there all day?

While I do plan on getting fast lane, I won't be getting it every single time i visit the park.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Tue May 01, 2012 5:10 pm

At Cedar Point there will be NO exit based Fast Lane access', all Fast Lanes will either have their own entrance or they will have a alternate route from within the original queues. The Fast Lanes will for the most part bring guests to loading platforms where from there they will be released among regular stand-by guests to select any seat they wish, waiting a cycle (Flats and Circulars)... or a train or two (Coasters) with regular stand-by guests.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:34 pm

^ That's good to hear. I think it is totally fair (and still worth your buck) for FL users to merge in the station, pick their row, and wait just a few cycles. You're still skipping the whole queue line and all the switchbacks... which will be amazing to do at CP.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby takeariisk » Wed May 02, 2012 7:26 am

Cedar Point is removing Wildcat before opening day. The reasons were " the expansion to Celebration Plaza, coupled with the low ridership and increased maintenance costs".

LINK
Celebration Plaza Expansion

Cedar Point has announced that it is expanding its new Celebration Plaza. As a part of that expansion, Cedar Point will be removing the WildCat roller coaster.

WildCat was coming to the end of its useful life. With the desired expansion to Celebration Plaza, coupled with the low ridership and increased maintenance costs, Cedar Point has decided to accelerate the removal of the ride. WildCat will be removed from the park prior to Opening Day and the materials will be sent to a recycling facility.

This expansion is one of several initiatives that will beautify the park midways and enhance guests’ experiences. Additional improvements include state-of-the-art lighting packages on Giant Wheel, Millennium Force and Power Tower, a new sound and lighting system along the park’s Main Midway and the re-painting of the Millennium Force and Blue Streak roller coasters.

Cedar Point remains committed to being the roller coaster capital of the world. New roller coasters, rides and attractions will always be a part of Cedar Point’s future.

Last edited by robbalvey on Wed May 02, 2012 8:47 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:31 am

^ I just read that on Cedar Point's website, sad to see the Wildcat go even though I can't say I'm surprised. Every trip I took trips to Cedar Point I always insisted that we had to had to ride every coaster at the park at least once including Wildcat even though no one in the group ever wanted to take the time to que for it. If any of my old friends grow up to be credit counting enthusiasts they can thank me later!

Kind surprised they are going to completely scrap it instead of just relocating it to Dorney!

Let the 2013 Zac Spin/Euro Fighter/ Flat Ride rumors begin........now!
Last edited by Hilltopper39 on Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 am.

PreviousNext