Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby testtrack321 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I wonder if they are planning on using 3-D glasses for the ride? Could be cool, a lot of the concept art looks very 3D-ish.

Yeah, I really doubt that. Remember that whole "65 mph outside" part? :Pr

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:24 am

^Yeah, I considered that but even though it's 65 mph it's not really that intense, it doesn't have any super sharp turns or airtime hills that would throw the glasses off of your face. The cars have those windshields on the front row that deflect most of the wind over your head anyways. I would bet that you could wear a pair of regular 3D glasses on test track without them falling off, no prblem.

They probably won't use 3D, but I think it could work, and could be kind of cool. Maybe that will be part of the Test Track 3.0 upgrades in 2027, sponsored by Kia.

I used to pimp out donkeys at IOA.

Postby doublestufforeo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:37 am

The problem is guests taking off the glasses on the outside portion and throwing them on the track...sadly people are that stupid.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 am

Yeah I'm sure people are stupid enough to do that, but remember Disney is probably one of the only parks in the world that lets you bring darn near anything you want on to just about every ride, back packs, shopping bags, pin lanyards, hats, cameras, phones, anything. If they let you set a backpack on the floor I can't imagine a pair of plastic 3-D glasses being a deal breaker, if the concept were feasible.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DonatelloMigiatchi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 am

I'm actually kind of excited for the new renovations :)
- Donatello Migiatchi (FEED ME INC)

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 am

It's fun to be free. To be on the move.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 am

doublestufforeo wrote:The problem is guests taking off the glasses on the outside portion and throwing them on the track...sadly people are that stupid.

Its not like you can't take loose articles on Disney rides as it is, and they could put netting up or something to stop them being thrown onto people below.Disney aren't the kind of company to let a minor inconvenience stop a decent idea!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SNJ » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:27 am

Looking at the concept art I'm actually very excited for this rendition of the ride. The whole interactivity kind of throws me off guard, but normally Disney has been doing alright with that idea. I'd still much rather enjoy a passive ride experience as opposed to a constantly interactive "flashy" ride experience. But, when I saw how they did it with other rides, I'm not all too worried. I guess my only complaint for it was in SSE. The re-do was great, but not a fan of the new narrator script and I dislike the descending room being more or less empty during the interactive part. But all in all they still do good.

I can't imagine this refurb being bad, thought!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/new-wine-cellar-spiffed-up-tutto-italia-open-may-1-at-italy-at-epcot/

Construction walls come down tomorrow, and guests already are making reservations for Tutto Italia Ristorante, one of the most popular restaurants at Epcot that’s been closed for refurbishment. Joining the beautiful restaurant is Tutto Gusto wine cellar, where small plates and more than 200 Italian wines, beers, grappas and coffee drinks are on the all-new menu.

The makeover gives Tutto Italia a more expansive feel, with covered outdoor seating for 45 with ceiling fans and lighting, and pretty new carpet, dark-wood booths and spacious banquettes replacing some of the tables in the dining room. The lovely wall murals and elegant chandeliers remain.

Just to the right of the restaurant is Tutto Gusto, accessible through Tutto Italia or through its own entrance. The décor is rustic, with wood-beam ceiling, brick arches and stone flooring, reminiscent of a traditional Italian wine cellar. A long bar is the centerpiece of the room, with wall sconces, a fireplace, and other classic touches.

We got a sneak preview of the Tutto Gusto menu, and each small dish is simple and delicious, perfect for an afternoon or evening respite. It’s hard to choose, with charcuterie and cheeses, including three varieties of mozzarella; mini-paninis, cavatappi (corkscrew) pasta with three different presentations; and eight small plates with everything from seafood salad to polenta with mushrooms and fontina cheese, and steamed mussels in white wine.

We’ll visit Tutto Italia’s new menu for an upcoming post – but we’re really excited about the gluten-free menu that shows it’s not just an afterthought, with entrées including rice pasta pomodoro, risotto, and a salmon filet with artichokes, potatoes and olives.

Now there are three distinct dining experiences at the Italy Pavilion – Via Napoli (for the world’s best pizza), Tutto Italia and Tutto Gusto. Tutto Gusto is not on the Disney Dining Plan. For reservations for Tutto Italia or Via Napoli (no reservations accepted for Tutto Gusto), call 407-WDW-DINE.
tio073468LARGE.jpg
tut118932LARGE.jpg
tut228932LARGE.jpg
tut338932LARGE.jpg
tut448932LARGE.jpg
tut558932LARGE.jpg
tut668932LARGE.jpg
tut778932LARGE.jpg
tut888932LARGE.jpg
tut998932LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 am

^ Is it still a Patina group operated restaurant?

EDIT - I see it's still listed on their website, so I'm assuming yes.... http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurants.php
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!