Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:32 pm

^ Heh heh.

I totally agree with you on that.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:Why is this bird so special? Its gets a poster, shirts, a quick service counter, sipper cups, pins, ears, ect. Why is this bird so important to WDW?

The only thing I can imagine is that they're trying to appeal to the generations that remember Orange Bird and also introduce what was a fairly successful character (as far as I'm aware) to a new generation.

An old Florida orange juice commercial with Orange Bird:

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:Why is this bird so special? Its gets a poster, shirts, a quick service counter, sipper cups, pins, ears, ect. Why is this bird so important to WDW?

I guess the best way to explain it is that it's just one of those things that triggers memories for a lot of people who have been going to the park since the beginning. The bird doesn't, and never did play a big role in anything, but it was just a simple Disney touch that a lot of people remembered from the park.

It's similar to the astronauts that used to adorn the Space Mountain sign, the RCA dog, or even the parrot that used to sit out front of Pirates of the Caribbean. None of 'em had big roles, but were memorable in their own ways. Rest assured, as with almost anything these days, if a company can profit off of the "retro-ness" of something......they will. In this case, it's just a cool little bird that they created.

Hope that helps, or makes some kind of sense.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:19 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/opening-dates-announced-for-beast’s-castle-seven-dwarf-mine-train-more/

Many of you have asked us – here on the Disney Parks Blog and on our @WaltDisneyWorld Twitter account – about opening dates for the attractions and restaurants planned for New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park. I’m thrilled that we finally have some news to share today!
dum118932SMALL.jpg

The next phase of Storybook Circus, which includes the second half of the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction and the Casey Jr. Splash ‘n’ Soak Station, will open in July 2012.
mer228914SMALL.jpg

And, it looks like we’ll have plenty to celebrate this holiday season, including the openings of Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern, and Ariel’s Grotto.
dwa338921SMALL.jpg

Additionally, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will debut in 2014.

Now, who’s planning a visit?
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:15 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/tickets-on-sale-for-not-so-scary-very-merry-events-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

I’m such a planner – especially when it comes to vacations. In the time leading up to any big trip, I’m making reservations, planning out our days, and picking out extra activities just in case it rains.

Those of you who are already busy planning fall vacations will be happy to hear that tickets are now on sale for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a Halloween-themed special event held on select evenings at Magic Kingdom Park. Purchase of an additional admission ticket is required to attend, and plenty of fun is in store, including trick-or-treating, performances of Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade and Happy HalloWishes Fireworks, Disney characters in costume, themed décor and much more.

Parties will take place:
  • September 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28 and 30
  • October 4, 5, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31
  • November 2
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a special event that takes place on select nights at Magic Kingdom Park throughout the holiday season. Don’t miss Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, a very special holiday fireworks display, live entertainment with your favorite characters, snow on Main Street, U.S.A., free hot cocoa and cookies, and so much more! Purchase of an additional event admission ticket is required to attend.

Parties will take place:
  • November 9, 12, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29 and 30
  • December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 21
TIP: Purchasing tickets ahead of event dates may get you a discount of $10 per ticket!
hal118934LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 02, 2012 4:04 pm

^Oh man, living here this year I don't know how we could only go once?!?! How do we decide!?!? #Orlandoproblems

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby cymonster-rex » Thu May 03, 2012 5:37 pm

does any know what the crowds are like in September 19 to october 3 how long are the waits for rides
i know epcot is having it's 30th birthday do you think it will get busy?

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby sugart » Thu May 03, 2012 5:45 pm

That sucks, we are going from Nov 3 and leaving on the 9th.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri May 04, 2012 5:32 am

^^That's usually a decent time to visit.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 06, 2012 6:16 pm

<head hurting, in a good awesome way>

Man, I just caught up on a bunch of
WDW sites I bookmark.
And from the looks of it, there is so much
going on, specifically with the MK expansion,
TT being redesigned...maybe AVATAR coming
to reality at AK soon....

2015-16* looks like to be The Year(s) to Visit
all that is Walt Disney World Resort, lol!

:mickey: (*More opened by then.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!