Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1010: Final piece of Yukon Striker track installed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Nyteowl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Beautiful train art! Can't wait for July! :).

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I really wish I could go to Canada's Wonderland...that sign is one of the best Cedar Fair attraction signs I've ever seen. I'm not complaining...I just wish that there was a giant statue of Leviathan compared to the little one. The ride is big with a sea creature/dragon it doesn't match up to me.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby galindoverhere » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:43 pm

The Entrance at CW looks so beautiful now that Levi is there! This is probably the most beautiful B&M coaster I've ever seen! :lover: Just plain AMAZING! I can't wait to ride it this summer! :)
- Chris G.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey everybody!

Well, it's been quite a day. The rider's auction for the Sick Kids Foundation was a phenomenal event! My sister had seat 30 and myself the very last. This of course meant we both were able to be thrown over a massive 306' hill in cold winds sitting the last row! It literally took your breath away and was worth fighting the cold for!

Andrew is currently attempting to organize quite a few awesome shots that we took today and will be posting those later tonight so keep a look out for those plus other awesome surprises later! Here's a sneak preview of auction and media preview coverage below and some initial thoughts.

The ride itself reminded me a lot of Millennium Force in terms of layout and concentration on speed. The low to the ground speed hill after the barrel roll really got you rolling around and up out of your seat. The ride looks fantastic interacting with the front entrance! The mist breathing Leviathan sign is incredible and was a huge surprise. The overall remodelling of that area of the park was down very well. Everything just fits.

We both felt that Leviathan was fast. Very fast. Keeping in mind how freezing cold and windy it is today, we can't even imagine how much faster and great this will be when the weather warms up.

The ride is very different from Behemoth in speed, feel and especially look. The journey across and out of the park is truly something spectacular. Not surprisingly, the speed does not let up until the end and also not surprisingly, it is as smooth as glass.

A fantastic addition and an amazing attraction!
Leviathan - 1.jpg
Say hello to Leviathan! No one, other than the General Manager and government agency had ridden before today. The auction winners were indeed the first.
Leviathan - 2.jpg
Leviathan - 3.jpg
The very first train out with the very first riders! My sister ended up on the first train out with in the last row! Pretty brave choice!
Leviathan - 4.jpg
Very nice!
Leviathan - 6.jpg
Yes, it does have air!
DSC_0380.jpg
Andrew on the media train, sitting with media from Indiana!
Jason's Phone_000024.jpg
TPR Members at the auction! PCW_Nut with friends and family!
Jason's Phone_000025.jpg
TPR Member hbclarendon with his girlfriend up from MA for the auction!
DSC_0393.jpg
We see you!
DSC_0397.jpg
Wow, that's a tree-through section!
DSC_0409.jpg
DSC_0411.jpg
DSC_0412.jpg
DSC_0414.jpg
DSC_0410.jpg
DSC_0390.jpg
DSC_0415.jpg
Andrew is checking in with Mr. Alvey, executive news director...aka....da boss...
MePic1.jpg
We've come a long way since August!
Last edited by rollin_n_coastin on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:52 pm.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby talonec » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 pm

I agree with the review above. I was so happy that the first rider auction turned into a mini ERT! I got to ride Levi 7 times and got to experiment in different rows. I can't decide which row I like better, the front or the back. In the back, you fly over that first hill literally free falling!!! In the front you hang there looking straight down...it looks like the track curves and disappears beneath you. Amazing airtime in the front and back, especially on the little bunny hill after the first turn around. It is a great combination of height and speed, with low to the ground thrills. Millenium Force has been outdone for sure.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Was the airtime more floater or ejector? And that sign is unexpectededly awesome. Great job CP. :br

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:49 pm

The reviews above all have it nailed. Super fast. Super smooth.

For all the naysayers out there that say it looks like Behemoth, I personally feel that it's not anywhere close. Behemoth is all about air and this is all about speed and more speed. I got 8 rides in today and also a variety of seats. The back has a great pull over but not as intense as Behemoth. The view on the front is amazing and one of the most breathtaking drops on a coaster.

I found the over bank turns way more impressive then I first though they would be. The turn around almost feels like an inversion and the last turn around leaves you almost hanging out.

I am looking forward to riding this when it's not so windy cause you could tell that the return trip was struggling a bit due to the winds.

The entrance area and sign were a pleasant surprise. The back of the sign has a little coaster track on it (will post a photo when I get home). Not a huge fan of the photo area but really not that big a deal.

One thing to note though, on all their mugs and glasses it states the height as 305' and not 306'. Just kind of an odd little find. I do love some of the tshirt designs though.

I will do a full photo update when I return home in the next hour or so.

Cedar Fair has a winner on ita hand again.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:51 pm

TXman308 wrote:Was the airtime more floater or ejector? And that sign is unexpectededly awesome. Great job CP. :br

I'd go with floater for the most part. The low to the ground hill/turn was kind of a unique blend of ejector/floater weirdness. Probably my favorite element on the ride.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Thank you for posting reviews so early...and this sounds MORE than promising :lover:

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:15 pm

That's all great to hear. I don't think anyone really expected crazy Intamin ejector air, so I'm not disappointed. I happened to LOVE Millennium Force, so I'm sure I'd love this! Now that CW has this AND Behemoth, I NEED to get up there soon!
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!