TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I'm not really sure how much more "intense" they can get with a water coaster. It looks to me like an interesting variation on Pilgrim's Plunge.

Edited by cfc

^^I'm not really sure how much more "intense" they can get with a water coaster. It looks to me like an interesting variation on Pilgrim's Plunge.

I don't know... Maybe if they did what Dudley Do-Right's RipSaw Falls did and add a speed hill before the splashdown, that would be intense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know... Maybe if they did what Dudley Do-Right's RipSaw Falls did and add a speed hill before the splashdown, that would be intense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It seems they're trying to make it a family coaster, so it's not supposed to be very thrilling, but it still will be a fun ride.

I think the ride looks great yes it may not be as intense as iSpeed but it still looks like it will be a thrilling family Watercoaster. After seeing this pic depending on the speed after the first splash down this thing may proved some airtime on that first hill.

pic courtesy of MirabilandiaNews FB page

I like the idea but everything about this just seems strange to me. The layout is strange, the track shaping is strange, the colors are strange, the name is strange...

Hopefully it packs some kind of punch of excitement, because looking at that MCBR it looks like itll be slowed down quite quickly.

Not necessarily. A mid-course brake run's job isn't to slow the car down to a screeching halt every time. A mid-course brake run's job is to stop a train if the next block section is occupied.

You could be entering the mid-course at 20mph, and then be leaving it at, wait for it, 20mph.

^ your right, but this one definitly looks like it will brake you down... it has a little curvy edge in the middle of the brake with absolutly no banking! so i don't think you will got through there with 20 mph... but it looks like if the boats came to close to each other, that 2 boats can be in the block brakes at the same time, because they are so long and maybe they designed it that way for more capacity and better evacuation options.

Or what came to my mind is.... dream mode on:

If you look close in this picture, you see that the friction wheels are only in the first part, in the second part there are only LIMS...

may be to simulate the boat races, you get a little "Kick" launch out of the block brakes... that would be cool!

Or they will add the missing friction wheels later... that would be sad

here is an old pic which shows the brakes better:

• 2 weeks later...
What? No splash at the bottom of the first drop? Sadface.

It just crawls through that second part.

It's premature to judge a ride a ride on the initial test runs. They will ALWAYS get faster.

It's not even premature, it's insanely STUPID. Especially a ride like this one. But seriously, though, what are people expecting? Another iSpeed or Katun??? People...it's a freakin' WATER RIDE!!!!!

Anyone who thought this would be more than a "fun splashdown boat, with a bit of extra roller coaster track" is a complete idiot.

There. I said it.

Edited by robbalvey

Looks a lot better than Pilgrim's Plunge!

Seriously, it's a water ride and will feel great on those hot Italian days!

Sounds like the Italians may be getting a bit greedy...you've gotten a new park, Intamin Launched and the first B&M Wingrider all in the last few years, be happy!